Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back onto Luke today. See wtf is going on! And why can’t I sell my Audi! Not one call and I’m now not far off amount offered by those we buy any car mugs.

Thought the second hand car market was buzzing. Maybe there’s so many options for people selling takes longer but then that would cause prices to drop.

worth keeping an eye on existing inventory ? a few must be due to pop up given deliveries happening this week?! If you’re quick they can assign you.
I can’t, going away on holiday Thursday, can’t really be available for the next 2 weeks. Banking on an end of nov / December delivery which I think will be with my current order.

Those inventory ones will probably have you picking it up within the next few weeks

He seemed confident in it - he put the mini consumer unit for the charger in there because it was small and would fit in the corner - do you know the reason it shouldn't be in there? My only concern was "people could switch my charger off at the mains" if they had a meter key 😁
Just checked mine and he has put a small fuse RCD unit in there to be able to isolate the charger, assuming that means it’s fine to go straight into the meter box that way as it can be isolated

Y’all missing my points 🤦

I said I’d give up. One last post.

Yes. I agree with all this. The points I am making is, you insure with a company based on their competence to insure. Peugeot demonstrate none given their pre-sales havent a clue whether you’re covered or not. What’s to say their claims department is any better?

Yes we have protections as consumers of insurance products. Do you really want to risk having to use those protections whilst already going through what’s likely a very stressful audeal if you’re having the claim. Yes you can always stand up for your rights. We know this. Next.

If you haven’t already bought an insurance product from them, knowing the facts about the inconsistent pre sales message is important, and given we don’t know how good their claim department is (and can only base on other correspondence), its helpful for people to make an informed decision to know the facts.

UKI or not, you do not deal with them. You deal with Peugeot. You rely on their competence to avoid any form of regulation complaint and/or litigation. The regulators are not a replacement for litigation, either. Even if an ombudsman rules in your favour, it doesn’t have to end there, you can then move on to trading standards etc, none of this is new to anybody.

The points I’m making aren’t one of questioning the validity of said insurance. We agree on this, and we have throughout the entire thread. Nothing points to not being valid in their formal paperwork and policy booklet.

It’s the risk and stress of having to enforce the validity in the event they refuse to honour a claim. Insurance is supposed to remove that burden.

I’m not saying they will or won’t. In reality the only indication of competency we have is their pre-sales show which demonstrates a total lack of it.

Let’s not pretend complaining to an ombudsman is an easy feat. Let’s not pretend they always get it right. Let’s not pretend everybody is in a position to litigate.

Until we see an honoured claim, that was honoured without difficulty, none of us know anything about how good of an insurer Peugeot are, or whether you risk a 50/50 chance of needing regulatory/legal support, just as it’s 50/50 luck of a sales advisor on the phone selling you the insurance in the first place.

Jeeeeesh.
Just to top this one off, I have worked in insurance for many years in early workdays and now still in finance many years later, I have worked with and against the FOS several times over the years and I have bought insurance for the new Tesla through Peugeot recently. Firstly it would be very easy to deal with the FOS, an adjudicator would pick it up and suggest the insurer pay without further delay. The insurer could then disagree with this, which is unlikely for larger companies, (usually small ones who arrogantly think they can win an argument against the FOS) and ask for an ombudsman to give the final ruling. The ruling from an Ombudsman is enforceable on any company (not on an individual) when the ombudsman makes a ruling, meaning there is zero legal comeback for the company. The case would likely be fast tracked due to the nature and resolved swiftly. You would be able to claim excesses and interest on top of any held back claim money, no insurer would put themselves in this position, it's an unreasonable thing to suggest to people.

Secondly, this is a ridiculous conversation, literally no idea what the agenda is of the person making these claims, but they are completely nonsensical and not based on any legal or financial experience. The moderators should ideally remove this conversation. It's not '50/50 luck of a sales adviser' these aren't 150k per year Lloyd’s underwriters specifically insuring you as an individual after hours of underwriting and actuarial work, it's a computer system white labelled with PSA/Peugeot and linked to the main insurers database with administrator level staff reading prompts and pressing buttons where required. Asking a 20k pa admin to explain the intricacies of the insurance contract and believing what ever flip of the coin their answer lands on is as silly as asking the shop assistant what chemicals make up the washing powder you are buying...

You should all feel free to take the policy if it is the best option for you, pay your premiums, don't lie at all on the quote/schedule and they will pay out in the event of a claim. I will not comment on this further and not feed the trolls, just didn't want this chap costing people money... Silly conversation!

Just checked mine and he has put a small fuse RCD unit in there to be able to isolate the charger, assuming that means it’s fine to go straight into the meter box that way as it can be isolated
Exactly the same as me! My meter box is cramped now but the safety precautions are in there for if the charger trips. Think both of ours have some kind of PEN fault protection built-in too

Does anyone which motor is the better the performance or the new hairpin?
Depends on your definition of better. The performance motor is more powerful which makes the vehicle faster. The hairpin may be very slightly more efficient, and is made in China so no long distance logistics; I'm sure it is cheaper so better for Tesla's profit margin.

Does anyone which motor is the better the performance or the new hairpin?
This is more like it. Back to the tech specs! :cool:

The performance motor is seemingly what the cars coming up out of Shanghai had with the adoption of the LFP battery to offset the additional weight - or so I'm lead to believe.

This new motor is meant to be more efficient, I would say slower but there's plenty people on this forum who've been told their acceleration is unaffected with a J motor so the reality is we don't know now. If there's any difference at all its slight

Reactions: Simonix
Depends on your definition of better. The performance motor is more powerful which makes the vehicle faster. The hairpin may be very slightly more efficient, and is made in China so no long distance logistics; I'm sure it is cheaper so better for Tesla's profit margin.

Interesting.

You could also switch that round and say:

Depends on your definition of better. The hairpin is more efficient, and is made in China so no long distance logistics; I'm sure it is cheaper so better for Tesla's profit margin. The performance motor may be very slightly more powerful which makes the vehicle faster.

Back onto Luke today. See wtf is going on! And why can’t I sell my Audi! Not one call and I’m now not far off amount offered by those we buy any car mugs.

Thought the second hand car market was buzzing. Maybe there’s so many options for people selling takes longer but then that would cause prices to drop.
Have you tried sytner select? I sold my VW Tiguan with them £30k with 33k miles on it.

The performance motor is seemingly what the cars coming up out of Shanghai had with the adoption of the LFP battery to offset the additional weight - or so I'm lead to believe.

This new motor is meant to be more efficient, I would say slower but there's plenty people on this forum who've been told their acceleration is unaffected with a J motor so the reality is we don't know now. If there's any difference at all its slight
I was told I have the performance motor with the new battery. The range is 305 and 0-60 is 5.3

is this correct? seen a lot of 5.6s and 5.8s mentioned but no 5.3s

Bang on!

Reality is, NO ONE KNOWS! Until we actually all get our cars, an those of us that like to "Geek out" over OBD ports and scanmytesla, can report back on reality.

Let’s cut Jacob some slack, yes he was being an absolute noob, but let’s all move on from the subject.

He has his right to his opinion as much as any of us.

Don’t want us all to hammer down on one member now that MrMe has put the final nail in.

Back to Luke, back to the SR+ 0-60 (fecking over this) and back to whatever other curve ball Tesla Chuck at us this week.

Reactions: jhnbssll
Up until now I think the rear wheel drive 3s have always had a variant of the performance motor, run with a slightly higher voltage to give it the required power without the additional help of a front motor.

I was told I have the performance motor with the new battery. The range is 305 and 0-60 is 5.3

is this correct? seen a lot of 5.6s and 5.8s mentioned but no 5.3s
So the official numbers are...

Pre November 2021
Mph
0-60 = 5.3
0-62 = 5.6

Kmh
0-100=5.6

The new times as of this month and into 2022

Mph
0-60 = 5.8
0-62 = 6.1

Kmh
0-100 = 6.1

When talking to Tesla CS, just keep the above in mind and ask them for specifics so you know they aren't getting confused themselves. If the CS person you spoke with is correct then you've dropped into the half and half bracket, or one of the lucky ones as CS like to call us. It means we get the larger battery with the old performance, but again, remains to be seen how true any of this is

Reactions: Simonix