Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally !

I called CS, spoke to a lovely lady. I said I wanted to know when I can pickup the car. She scheduled a Delivery date/slot for 8th December. She confirmed the car will be arriving in the uk on the 6th Dec.
Also confirmed my car has the new battery with more range, but no change in the interior (no rear heated seats/steering wheel).

I received an email confirmation and the app has updated saying I need to pay the deposit before pickup.

I'm now pretty happy.

So when we have our cars how can we tell what motor or battery size the car has? Is the only way via some sort of diagnostics tool or seeing what actual range we can get? Doubt I'll ever be able to time 0-60 accurately, maybe that's what Tesla is counting on...
The estimated range should indicate whether you have the larger battery or not. Knowing what motor you have will be more difficult to determine.

Just got a text! "Vehicle arrival date is being calculated" - collecting at Thorpe Park so guessing this is the equivalent of "what's your address"?

Also got a quote from Peugeot insurance so thanks for the pointer on that one - way cheaper than the others...but won't bother re-quoting until I have a date and reg plate.

(How do I add an automatic signature to posts so I can be as helpful as others on this forum?!)
Incredible news! What/when did you order?

Edit: Ignore me, saw your previous message 👍🏼

Think it's time for us to just reluctantly accept that Tesla have zero clue when, what or how cars will come to Ireland, we just get the leftovers!

Last week - "I can see the car is still on its way to us and shouldn't be too much longer"

This week - "Your order is not yet matched to a vehicle however we would be expecting (this doesn't sound very certain!) to match you to a vehicle for December collection. Please note, matching is subject to order placed date, and subject to vehicle specification availability"

Absolutely no point contacting them to get wildly different updates week to week - just going to wait for them now to call me looking for their $$$$!

We are realistically looking at Mar-2022 now as cars would need to be on a vessel already for deliveries in Ireland by 31/12 (assuming 45-50 days shipping + Christmas in the middle) - at least we would get 221 reg!
As absolute shite as this is, if you can get by until march then you're probably in a better position. I was initially going to push my delivery to March until this whole range increase with better performance vs range increase and slower performance came about. The thoughts of buying a brand new car in December and 2 weeks later its on an old plate is giving me the shivers to be honest.

As absolute shite as this is, if you can get by until march then you're probably in a better position. I was initially going to push my delivery to March until this whole range increase with better performance vs range increase and slower performance came about. The thoughts of buying a brand new car in December and 2 weeks later its on an old plate is giving me the shivers to be honest.
Whatever and whenever you buy, Tesla will bring out more changes next year, you'll never stay ahead of the curve. They've done this constantly for as long as I can remember. No two teslas are the same.

Whatever and whenever you buy, Tesla will bring out more changes next year, you'll never stay ahead of the curve. They've done this constantly for as long as I can remember. No two teslas are the same.
This has got absolutely nothing to do with what Tesla do and everything with the Irish used car market, where differences like this matter (Reg plate years) to the tune of a couple K :)

I spoke to CS via chat this morning - I got through to Ben.
He provided me with my VIN as no other agent could. LRW3F7FAXMCXXXXXX (A as the 8th digit)

I've been told both 'yes' and 'no' regarding receiving the updated Model 3 with 305 range and partial premium interior. This time Ben said no, maybe tomorrow he'll say yes ;)

Reactions: Simonix
Hi, been lurking for awhile.

Ordered my Tesla Long range on lease through my Ltd company on the 16/10. I spoke to customer services yesterday they informed me my car has been allocated with a vin and reg but they are awaiting lease authorisation so they won't tell me my delivery date at the moment.

Also I just spoken to Peugeot insurance and they 100% confirm they are insuring teslas and lady said loads of people have insured their tesla with them because they are very competitive at the moment.
Hi @Chirag129, I was unable to get a quote from Peugeot online due to Ltd company, etc (since Ltd co needs to be registered/legal owner, etc). I assume you needed to talk to someone and they were able to offer cover in this situation? I've not bought a car through my company before so all new to me other than what accountant has informed needs to be the case (V5/registration/owner, etc).

Hi @Chirag129, I was unable to get a quote from Peugeot online due to Ltd company, etc (since Ltd co needs to be registered/legal owner, etc). I assume you needed to talk to someone and they were able to offer cover in this situation? I've not bought a car through my company before so all new to me other than what accountant has informed needs to be the case (V5/registration/owner, etc).
Hi, the registered legal owner will be the lease company. As the car is a company car I can get the insurance in my name and charge the expense to the company.

I think this is something a lot of people miss when getting insurance, although when I was looking on the Peugeot website last night during the big debate it was a bit misleading. Of the top of my head it said something like “the registered owner of the vehicle must be …. a lease company, Ltd company” but the. Further down said the policy holder must be the registered owner and keeper. Something like that anyway. Try Churchill, I know for me they weren’t much more than Peugeot once extras were added on and they quote with the policyholder not being the registered keeper/owner.

Reactions: PastaSource

Nah wouldn't be worried about that at all - sure there are 2nd hand 2 yr old SR+'s for sale for higher than the actual price of a new one here!👍 Probably because people prefer to pay a premium not to deal with the uncertainty of "tesla updates" 🙄

People also have rightly so began to be more focused on mileage than 212 (Jul-Dec 2021) vs 221 (Jan-Jun 2022) reg plates too thankfully!

Reactions: BevyBoy
M3LR ordered 19th Oct. I have a collection date (woop! woop!). Called CS to check they have my mobile number. VIN was allocated a couple of days ago (I spotted it in the source code) and collection booked for Mon 6th Dec. As the US dudes say, "I'm like totally stoked, man!"