Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those looking to citreon/peugeot for insuance.

I see on the T&C it asks if the policy owner is the registered keeper. My understanding is this isn't the case for a lease agreement (the keeper is the leasing company). Does that mean you can't use them for insurance if you lease?
Just now got told by my leasing company that they are the registered keepers and so I can't use Peugeot - booooo!

Hello, new here. Hoping to get some advice.

Does anyone know if you order via a leasing company if its a different process that Tesla go through allocating and scheduling your car in? I ordered mine via salary sacrifice scheme 12th October, I had an RN the following day and I've heard nothing since. I spoke to someone on Teslas online chat at the end of October and they said the car was on its way to the UK, however when I asked for an update yesterday they said there was no car assigned, no VIN and no update so I have asked the lease company to chase. I only wonder really because my friends father in-law ordered the same spec as me about 3 days later but directly from Tesla and he already has a VIN and delivery date.

Its a Model 3 standard range plus in blue btw. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I think that’s normal - mine is a salary sacrifice order and i got no updates until the scheduling delivery texts..

For those of you awaiting collection and considering vehicle checklists - I have been doing the same and most are PDF files which you need to print in order to fill in. WELL, not anymore, whilst doing my research I spotted a post on a Tesla Facebook Group and there is an interactive web based form, save it to your homescreen and it becomes (in effect) an app.
Got my VIN today 😁 ... had a check list printed but this is far better...Thanks! 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
If you the assumptions it mentions the lease company. I did the quote and then amended it on the phone telling them Santander are the registered and legal owner. Also could add my number plate.
Huh, ok! Only got a VIN atm so might try it tomorrow

EDIT: They were open til 8pm so gave them a bell now - guy was very friendly and quickly said "of course you can" get insurance with Peugeot even if the lease company are registered keepers - wouldnt insure me with a VIN though :D Will call back when I get the reg...

Last edited:
Just FYI, I have replicated this app and made it a little less American. Added a couple of checks that they missed and removed a couple that are not relevant.

I have also, started thinking about other useful things to add (please let me know if there is an idea you would like to see in here) - so at the moment I have Tesla Stores, but will add Service Centre and possibly SuC locations eventually. Sadly I have stuck to the free version of Glide for now so functionality is limited but if a lot of interest i may consider paying.
Thanks for this. I suspect this is going to be really useful and is well put together. Kudos.

Still waiting for my collection date… Tesla have been advising that I am at the pre-allocation phase for about 3 weeks now but fingers and toes crossed that I might be in luck for a December delivery. SR+ ordered by lease company on 20th Oct.

• Love
Reactions: khew1988
For those of you awaiting collection and considering vehicle checklists - I have been doing the same and most are PDF files which you need to print in order to fill in. WELL, not anymore, whilst doing my research I spotted a post on a Tesla Facebook Group and there is an interactive web based form, save it to your homescreen and it becomes (in effect) an app.
Brilliant, thank you 👍🏻

Reactions: khew1988
I feel I’m going to be disappointed with the answer but what are my chances of getting to collect a Q4 shipped car in early January?
My current company car is under contract until 8th Jan, so the provider has asked Tesla to hold my order for delivery no earlier than that date.

I feel I’m going to be disappointed with the answer but what are my chances of getting to collect a Q4 shipped car in early January?
My current company car is under contract until 8th Jan, so the provider has asked Tesla to hold my order for delivery no earlier than that date.
Sorry but be disappointed!
Every quarter is the same
First month build them, second month ship them, deliveries begin towards the end of the second month,
third month deliveries reaching panic levels at quarter's end.

Also if your provider has put the order on hold until that date I believe Tesla add you to the allocation queue after that date, not aim to provide a car on that date. Unfortunately you’re looking at a q1 delivery by the sounds of things.

so the provider has asked Tesla to hold my order for delivery no earlier than that date.
If they hold your order then when it is released you are at the back of the queue for the specification you ordered for a match - you would likely get the vehicle in March. I cannot see Tesla being flexible as they can just sell the vehicle to someone else within the quarter.

Really the only thing to do would be to pay for both vehicles for a week or two :(

If they hold your order then when it is released you are at the back of the queue for the specification you ordered for a match - you would likely get the vehicle in March. I cannot see Tesla being flexible as they can just sell the vehicle to someone else within the quarter.

Really the only thing to do would be to pay for both vehicles for a week or two :(
Tried that, not an option 😢
Perhaps just have to hope I can swing it to the new plate after 1st March.

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Phoned up today and got told to expect 11th December delivery for our M3LR Red/Black/19”.

Ordered through work salary sacrifice scheme on 1st October, received RN number by text on 9th November.

I’m so excited that I might not manage to get a full night’s sleep until it arrives…

Reactions: Advocate