Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone else wondering if they are going to get the 'best of both worlds' for their upcoming delivery, hopefully this will help. Bit of a snippet of info I got from the delivery team last week:

"Thanks for your message.

Yes, I can confirm you have the larger battery with increased WLTP range of up to 203 miles. The motor remains unchanged for Q4 2022 deliveries and so you have the original 0-60 time. From Q1 2022 cars will be fitted with a slightly slower motor.

All cars delivered on or after 1st Nov will include heated rear seats and steering wheel as standard."

I mean I'm hoping he means the 305 mile range and that I'm not getting half a battery for 203 miles haha. But its good news for anyone receiving cars from now until Q1 2022!
Hi all, does anyone know the expected specification of the M3 LR models that will be delivered in the quarter and deliveries late Nov and early Dec? (E.g. Heated Steering wheel, new batteries etc?)

For anyone else wondering if they are going to get the 'best of both worlds' for their upcoming delivery, hopefully this will help. Bit of a snippet of info I got from the delivery team last week:

"Thanks for your message.

Yes, I can confirm you have the larger battery with increased WLTP range of up to 203 miles. The motor remains unchanged for Q4 2022 deliveries and so you have the original 0-60 time. From Q1 2022 cars will be fitted with a slightly slower motor.

All cars delivered on or after 1st Nov will include heated rear seats and steering wheel as standard."

I mean I'm hoping he means the 305 mile range and that I'm not getting half a battery for 203 miles haha. But its good news for anyone receiving cars from now until Q1 2022!
Down graded range upto 203 miles ;)

• Funny
Reactions: SR-Plus
Its not just Tesla car deliveries that are a *sugar* show lads.

Ordered a couple accessories from the Tesla store, quoted delivery for the 18th.. wont be here until mid next week. No big deal but I had to laugh when I rang DHL to find out despite Tesla providing an estimated delivery for air transport they only paid for the cheaper and slower road transport. Elons not a billionaire for nothing eh!

My parcels are being driven over from Holland 😂

• Funny
Reactions: John_IE
Don’t stress, same happened to me. Just ask your bank for an email confirmation of payment and forward this to the delivery email account with your RN number. Tesla will then match it. They won’t acknowledge your email but it should happen.

Took a couple of days to show on my account but is on there now. Funny thing is that they showed it as a cash payment and are still giving credit for finance. Means they owe me £10k’s on their system now 😂
Thanks. Yeah, it’s showing up in their system now. Excited for the 1st!

Reactions: DoricJim
Hi SiEV77 and welcome! Your questions are difficult to answer, there are no simple replies (oh, how I wish there was). If you keep following this thread and perhaps read back a few pages (also the 2021 Shipping Movements thread for boat information) you should start to understand how it works (it took me awhile).

In the first instance, you can try telephoning Tesla Customer Support (CS) or the online chat (if you're lucky enough to catch one of the elusive chat icons on the Tesla website - they only appear at certain, mysterious times of the day based on support staff availability) to perhaps get an update on your delivery. Be prepared for vague and conflicting information tho'! Good luck.
Thanks @ScoutKaty ,
So I now have a text confirming my delivery date of 10/12. The whole process seems a bit informal, ive replied with may full address as requested but no confirmation as yet. Can anyone advise if this is correct, should i push for confirmation, and if i agree to collect as opposed to delivery will i be able to get that date a bit sooner ? Thanks for any insight.

These Made in China cars are supposed to be less susceptible to the issues reported about the Made in America cars so hopefully the PDF output will be unnecessary. Thought of crowdfunding? I can think of a number of people (everyone here) that would find it useful in the very near future. If we all chipped-in a couple £ surely that'd cover the cost?

OK, so after a few evenings of tinkering with integrations I have managed to make the checklist talk to a 3rd party app via a Webhook. Only added on Model 3 for now to see how it performs out in the field. If all goes well I will add it to the Y and then start work on the S, X and Cybertruck Checklists.

As an aside, I was thinking about adding What3Words to superchargers? What do people think? I will definitely need a fair bit of help with this if i go down that route though, as i cant cover the entire UK just to get W3Ws locations for superchargers....

Its not just Tesla car deliveries that are a *sugar* show lads.

Ordered a couple accessories from the Tesla store, quoted delivery for the 18th.. wont be here until mid next week. No big deal but I had to laugh when I rang DHL to find out despite Tesla providing an estimated delivery for air transport they only paid for the cheaper and slower road transport. Elons not a billionaire for nothing eh!

My parcels are being driven over from Holland 😂
DHL delivered my car mats to god knows where, Swore blind the driver followed the delivery instructions. Tesla kept telling me to get proof of DHL, but no joy and no mats.

Reactions: Bandito
I just rang Tesla Ireland to make sure everything was ok for me on the 13th. Also wanted to quiz this excuse they've given the lads that missed out...

Got told I have the '22 variant. I replied with that's great but it still has the older quicker acceleration right?

Would you believe I got told no, its the new variant, "the additional battery size slows the car down", I pressed back and made it clear I've rang Tesla approximately 234 times in the last month and I've been told the complete opposite of that each time.

She then said, it says here 5.6 seconds? And I had to inform the CS rep that yes, that's the old acceleration. not the new one.

LORDY 🤒

Just got a text from Tesla. Is it a VIN? No it most certainly is not.
That's terrible - seems like the UK market is being prioritised (fleet orders etc.) this quarter. Raging for you all. I get the impression though that the Delivery Agents don't get much help from the higher ups though as they are always having to give holding language (i.e. we are still allocating etc.).

Hopefully some of you get a cancellation. I was in the same boat last September checking for VIN allocation every day with no luck. Got to the end of the month and got the bad news on the inevitable.

Thanks @ScoutKaty ,
So I now have a text confirming my delivery date of 10/12. The whole process seems a bit informal, ive replied with may full address as requested but no confirmation as yet. Can anyone advise if this is correct, should i push for confirmation, and if i agree to collect as opposed to delivery will i be able to get that date a bit sooner ? Thanks for any insight.
What is your Tesla account showing you - does it have the delivery information confirmed there?

That's terrible - seems like the UK market is being prioritised (fleet orders etc.) this quarter. Raging for you all. I get the impression though that the Delivery Agents don't get much help from the higher ups though as they are always having to give holding language (i.e. we are still allocating etc.).

Hopefully some of you get a cancellation. I was in the same boat last September checking for VIN allocation every day with no luck. Got to the end of the month and got the bad news on the inevitable.
Yeah its shocking really, making mockery of Ireland customers and stringing us along with bullsh*t :rolleyes:

Got told more nonsense today that its because of the global shortage and couldn't make enough RHD cars........ the global shortage just impacting Ireland eh? 🤥😂

I just rang Tesla Ireland to make sure everything was ok for me on the 13th. Also wanted to quiz this excuse they've given the lads that missed out...

Got told I have the '22 variant. I replied with that's great but it still has the older quicker acceleration right?

Would you believe I got told no, its the new variant, "the additional battery size slows the car down", I pressed back and made it clear I've rang Tesla approximately 234 times in the last month and I've been told the complete opposite of that each time.

She then said, it says here 5.6 seconds? And I had to inform the CS rep that yes, that's the old acceleration. not the new one.

LORDY 🤒
Oh I asked about this too...... and got told Q4-2021 and Q1-2022 cars to Ireland are the exact same and no difference in the motor, but also told that the Q1-2022 are definitely the 6.1 spec so don't know how that works :rolleyes:

EDIT: No doubt its more BS to just shut us up from complaining about getting a Q1-2022 car instead - I'd say Q4-2021 is the 5.6

Last edited:
Yeah its shocking really, making mockery of Ireland customers and stringing us along with bullsh*t :rolleyes:

Got told more nonsense today that its because of the global shortage and couldn't make enough RHD cars........ the global shortage just impacting Ireland eh? 🤥😂
Yeah that's really poor form. If you are going to give an excuse at least be as honest as you can be. Especially when UK orders are being fulfilled well after order dates of Ireland orders that will be on the same boat. The only thing I can think about is that there is a minor benefit to them shipping a UK car (c.€700 per car) vs an ROI car (SR+). If they are chasing revenue targets they may be maximising UK allocations as a result. But that's pure speculation on my part implying that there is a thought process.

What is your Tesla account showing you - does it have the delivery information confirmed there?
No because its a fleet car, i have spoken with CS and my account was set as a default to delivery so i have changed it to collection on 10th from my local dealership, anyone know if i can expect the SR + or the new version with slightly higher range, i recall someone explaining the VIN number logic to understand what car you will get but i cant find the thread.

Yeah that's really poor form. If you are going to give an excuse at least be as honest as you can be. Especially when UK orders are being fulfilled well after order dates of Ireland orders that will be on the same boat. The only thing I can think about is that there is a minor benefit to them shipping a UK car (c.€700 per car) vs an ROI car (SR+). If they are chasing revenue targets they may be maximising UK allocations as a result. But that's pure speculation on my part implying that there is a thought process.
Yep just sums how little they care really.... couldn't even be bothered spending the time to come up with a half-ass excuse for us :rolleyes:

Well they've lost €700 sales (~80% profit as MIC too) of the accessories I'm returning.... so that counteracts the profit benefit of allocating my 1 car to UK instead of IE now 😂 But you're onto a good point there...... with the price increase they decided to allocate our cars at the lower price to newer orders with higher price instead to make more profit - so when Mar-2022 rolls around, good chance they'll do the same again! :oops:

Hi,
Latests rumors from Spain. Some of us are waiting for our Model 3 RWD 60kWh to be delivered, and in some SC Tesla reps are saying that the vehicles are not certified for Spain. And thus they cannot receive license plates.

Does anyone know anything about this? I know this is an UK thread but I see no other place.

Thanks