Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
k"Updated trade-in Settlement Letter with 14-day validity post delivery"

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answer....

Has anybody else received a text asking for an updated settlement letter along the lines of the above. I provided a requested letter at the point I received the trade-in offer. At that point I agreed with Ford that they would refund the difference between the payments made and the Tesla settlement. Tesla calculated the balance due on the basis of the settlement figure and asked me to pay the balance before collection. I paid the balance last night meaning that the equity in my current car + the bank transfer honoured the £9k odd agreed deposit. I was happy with this, managing cashflow in the knowledge that I would be refunded the over-payment to Ford Credit.

Tesla will undoubtedly recalculate the equity on receipt of the revised letter, meaning that I will have overpaid the deposit by around £550, has anybody else had the same thing? What action did you take and what was the outcome? I was thinking of calling Tesla to discuss. I can deal with any scenario but having got everything straight last night in readiness for collection on Saturday, the late request complicates unnecessarily. I'd rather they left everything as it was....

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the trade-in from Tesla??? I’ve got a nice trade-in offer from Tesla but I’m afraid it’s going to expire before collection day. I’ve finished the process on the 17th of October and my collection is on the 11th December. still within the 60 days but my problem is mileage. They offer 1242 miles and I’m already 30 miles above that plus I have to drive the car to Thorpe park which will had another 50 miles roughly. Does anyone reckon they will slash dramatically down the original value??

thanks
It’s 1200 per 30 days

Will they..? When I visited over the last few days, the local guys didn’t know exactly when the SuperChargers would be live.
They [The Trafford Centre superchargers] went from being scheduled for Q3 to Q4 and mention was made a few weeks back (on here from another discussion with Tesla) that they should be up and running 'shortly'. All speculation, obviously but Q4 doesn't have to mean end of Dec.

I was moved up to the 16th after contacting them today. Still not sure which ship we are looking at.
I was told today my car doesn't arrive into Dublin until late evening Friday 10th. My collection is booked for the following Monday. Trying to find your ship for an Irish delivery is a near impossible task, likely coming from Belgium but no one knows for sure. The CS rep I spoke with the today still thought they came through Southampton but wasn't sure. Either way it's already docked or is fairly imminent

Hello all

Today I had my Tesla Gen 3 wall charger fitted. I’m not sure if this is correct but after commissioning the device my accessing the web portal I get a continuous pulsing green single light.

Whilst in the portal I set the correct amp setting and checked for firmware update. However the light continues to flash. My car does not arrive until Thursday so just wondering if it stops after the first plug-in.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mine did/does this every time I accessed the charger and it stayed in that mode for about 10 to 15 minutes, before going to solid green i.e. ready to charge. I figure it may do that every time its accessed, as that act is deemed commissioning, but I've not tried it since getting the car.
Doing the update also added the multiple linked chargers functionality for me... we probably need a new thread for this topic, if one doesn't already exist, as I expect functionality to change in the future.

2 hours to go…!
1638348513756.gif

They [The Trafford Centre superchargers] went from being scheduled for Q3 to Q4 and mention was made a few weeks back (on here from another discussion with Tesla) that they should be up and running 'shortly'. All speculation, obviously but Q4 doesn't have to mean end of Dec.

I was at Trafford Centre yesterday and passed the row of superchargers. The whole car park has been taken over by the delivery team and was full of M3s. Interestingly, the cars were hooked up to the superchargers so I guess they must be working, just not available to the public during this pickup season.

Reactions: couplands
I was at Trafford Centre yesterday and passed the row of superchargers. The whole car park has been taken over by the delivery team and was full of M3s. Interestingly, the cars were hooked up to the superchargers so I guess they must be working, just not available to the public during this pickup season.
Interesting to see if the delivery centre stays there, or weather it's only temporally.

Well...

I have a shorter drive planned now. Instead of going all the way from London to Cairnryan and direct to Northern Ireland... I'm planning on the Holyhead to Dublin. It means I'm doing more miles in my "home" country where I'll feel more comfortable. Just one small issue (isn't there always?!) This is the route from the promised land (aka my New Tesla Pickup) to Holyhead:

1.png

The snag is... My appointment is at 2PM and the last Ferry leaves at 8:30PM. The time above doesn't account for any delay and/or charging required lol. So you can see it wont work if I stick to 2pm.

I asked CS and they were like "Oh that's the earliest time they can do that day..." but I'm just going to land there at 12PM and just explain the situation to them and hopefully they'll let me lift my car.

So! I'm thinking: Just book the 8:30PM ferry now (flexi ticket - the next Ferry is at 2:30am wait, some 6 hours later) and if I make it, happy days! If I don't, well then I'll park up and have a wee sleep in the Tesla until 2:30am. Romance mode, anyone?

Oh and these last minute texts/calls to say the cars will be delayed are making me **** myself, I've a wee bit invested in it being the 11th and not changing lol.

Had to torture the live chat for my reg as it won't let me book ferry without it. They hit the button then and there and got a text saying Reg is GF71*** and confirmation of my J VIN number. I don't know if it's the same "Emma" as I have got a few times... but she is brilliant. The best out of all the ones I talked to. She follows up everything and she was the one who got my delivery call pushed through the same day after failed promises from other reps.

Well...

I have a shorter drive planned now. Instead of going all the way from London to Cairnryan and direct to Northern Ireland... I'm planning on the Holyhead to Dublin. It means I'm doing more miles in my "home" country where I'll feel more comfortable. Just one small issue (isn't there always?!) This is the route from the promised land (aka my New Tesla Pickup) to Holyhead:

View attachment 739337

The snag is... My appointment is at 2PM and the last Ferry leaves at 8:30PM. The time above doesn't account for any delay and/or charging required lol. So you can see it wont work if I stick to 2pm.

I asked CS and they were like "Oh that's the earliest time they can do that day..." but I'm just going to land there at 12PM and just explain the situation to them and hopefully they'll let me lift my car.

So! I'm thinking: Just book the 8:30PM ferry now (flexi ticket - the next Ferry is at 2:30am wait, some 6 hours later) and if I make it, happy days! If I don't, well then I'll park up and have a wee sleep in the Tesla until 2:30am. Romance mode, anyone?
I absolutely love this.

I agree, get your arse there early, they'll sort you out. CS are robots, but the ones at the pickups are normal people.

But as you say, worst case, get the car charged, whack the heating on and have a sleepy until 2.30am.... Must be some good super chargers near the port, do that, hit a dominos and netflix and chill my friend.

Well...

I have a shorter drive planned now. Instead of going all the way from London to Cairnryan and direct to Northern Ireland... I'm planning on the Holyhead to Dublin. It means I'm doing more miles in my "home" country where I'll feel more comfortable. Just one small issue (isn't there always?!) This is the route from the promised land (aka my New Tesla Pickup) to Holyhead:The snag is... My appointment is at 2PM and the last Ferry leaves at 8:30PM. The time above doesn't account for any delay and/or charging required lol. So you can see it wont work if I stick to 2pm.

Proper baller - I wouldn't sweat the drive back - if you don't make it, sleep in the car (I suspect you won't have problems sleeping after a day like that)

Reactions: WKZ12
Well...

View attachment 739337

I don't have much to add really but I love this drive, I spent 3 years in London and moved back to Ireland when covid kicked off. Used to do this trek from Hammersmith to holyhead - Dublin to Limerick every couple months in the car. Clears the head, enjoy! 😂🙌

Reactions: WKZ12