Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...

I have a shorter drive planned now. Instead of going all the way from London to Cairnryan and direct to Northern Ireland... I'm planning on the Holyhead to Dublin. It means I'm doing more miles in my "home" country where I'll feel more comfortable. Just one small issue (isn't there always?!) This is the route from the promised land (aka my New Tesla Pickup) to Holyhead:

View attachment 739337

The snag is... My appointment is at 2PM and the last Ferry leaves at 8:30PM. The time above doesn't account for any delay and/or charging required lol. So you can see it wont work if I stick to 2pm.

I asked CS and they were like "Oh that's the earliest time they can do that day..." but I'm just going to land there at 12PM and just explain the situation to them and hopefully they'll let me lift my car.

So! I'm thinking: Just book the 8:30PM ferry now (flexi ticket - the next Ferry is at 2:30am wait, some 6 hours later) and if I make it, happy days! If I don't, well then I'll park up and have a wee sleep in the Tesla until 2:30am. Romance mode, anyone?

This is brilliant! Defo the best pick-up story, ever! Was a pick-up at the Space Centre in Leicester an option tho'?

Reactions: WKZ12
The snag is... My appointment is at 2PM and the last Ferry leaves at 8:30PM. The time above doesn't account for any delay and/or charging required lol. So you can see it wont work if I stick to 2pm.
I lived in Dartford for 15 years...during December, if I really needed Bluewater I'd go there as soon as it opened on a Saturday morning and out before the hordes descend - so factor that into your escape, as well as the tunnel that will always have problems when you need to use it...so maybe find somewhere nice to eat near the port!

Also if there are tunnel problems then may be worth considering the M40 too - that's more 'liberal' in terms of little yellow boxes littered on the roadside with their flashing lights, though when we went on it in October many people were going at <70mph...but maybe they realised that's optimal when the petrol stations were swamped (same applies to EV I guess....)

Keep us updated, I think this is more exciting than how I get past the M3 on foot next Thursday after getting rid of the old car 🤣

It'll be a good laugh and a nice collection story 😂, you'll be finethere and back, I recommend using a "A Better Route Planner" you can plot in your car and destination with the charge level of the car. It'll give you a better idea of timelines than google maps

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It's a proper excuse to get a good long drive and to hopefully show those in my family and circle of friends with Range Anxiety that they need not worry. This will be my 3rd EV... and I've already got my father converted (He is purchasing my 2019 BMW i3 120Ah) and my brother is taking delivery of his e-Up soon! Oh yes, I've seen people mention it - going to check it out to plan my charger stops.

This is brilliant! Defo the best pick-up story, ever! Was a pick-up at the Space Centre in Leicester an option tho'?

Haha! No it was London or nothing I'm afraid. Initially when I placed the order a week ago (it was an inventory car, cancellation most likely) Tesla Belfast said they would get it over for me. Fast forward a few days and they said you need to pick it up London or it will be reassigned. Oh well!

I lived in Dartford for 15 years...during December, if I really needed Bluewater I'd go there as soon as it opened on a Saturday morning and out before the hordes descend - so factor that into your escape, as well as the tunnel that will always have problems when you need to use it...so maybe find somewhere nice to eat near the port!

Also if there are tunnel problems then may be worth considering the M40 too - that's more 'liberal' in terms of little yellow boxes littered on the roadside with their flashing lights, though when we went on it in October many people were going at <70mph...but maybe they realised that's optimal when the petrol stations were swamped (same applies to EV I guess....)

Keep us updated, I think this is more exciting than how I get past the M3 on foot next Thursday after getting rid of the old car 🤣

Yes, I think there is a strong chance of missing this 8:30PM. I'm setting myself up for it just incase. My flight from Belfast to London City gets in at 10:45 so that limits how early I can get to Bluewater. I will do, if you see any SOS messages on Saturday you'll know I'm beat! Lol

Reactions: ScoutKaty
I picked up a set of all weather mats too from Ali express. Delivery is a massive slog though, recently got delayed until December 23rd but really have no idea how accurate it is. I think they left china on Friday...

Link

Again, just copied someone that had these already on the forum and recommended them
Ooh let me know how you get on when you do get them. I can order them and wait the half year until the current mats fail.

Reactions: Bandito
So I just picked up my M3LR, and went to insure it and it isn’t coming up as a registered vehicle… even the dvla website says it can’t find my car. Has this happened to anyone else?
Tesla don't complete the registration process with DVLA until the day of collection so it won't appear on the database until they do. You can still insure it but you have to talk with the insurance company to manually enter the details.

Well...

I have a shorter drive planned now. Instead of going all the way from London to Cairnryan and direct to Northern Ireland... I'm planning on the Holyhead to Dublin. It means I'm doing more miles in my "home" country where I'll feel more comfortable. Just one small issue (isn't there always?!) This is the route from the promised land (aka my New Tesla Pickup) to Holyhead:

View attachment 739337

I asked CS and they were like "Oh that's the earliest time they can do that day..." but I'm just going to land there at 12PM and just explain the situation to them and hopefully they'll let me lift my car.

So! I'm thinking: Just book the 8:30PM ferry now (flexi ticket - the next Ferry is at 2:30am wait, some 6 hours later) and if I make it, happy days! If I don't, well then I'll park up and have a wee sleep in the Tesla until 2:30am. Romance mode, anyone?
A better route planner might be better, you can choose between more charging stops or less. (less stops might mean longer stops and longer overall time)

So I just picked up my M3LR, and went to insure it and it isn’t coming up as a registered vehicle… even the dvla website says it can’t find my car. Has this happened to anyone else?
Oooo, that's not good. Hopefully just a small delay on updating the DVLA system? What insurance company is that? Will they accept the VIN instead for now? I was able to insure with Direct Line via the reg even though I don't pick-up until Saturday.

Totally normal :)

Most of those systems will take a few days or a week to update. I work for a car dealer myself as a Sales Executive and have access to Trade HPI and was HPI'ing my Chassis number daily to see if a reg appeared. Until I found out they don't register them until day of handover. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: khew1988
I collect my car in a mere 5 days, 21 hours and 30 minutes.
Downpayment, sent and received.
Insurance, sorted.
All that remains is to clear out the car and fill it up with enough diesel to tide me over until I hand it over in exchange for my lovely new Model 3.
It's going to be a long 5 and a bit days!

Last edited:
Reactions: dave8089
8972C87C-A459-45EC-8580-443332547484.jpeg
BDAE3E3C-61E9-4580-A8E8-7B8378BEDC79.jpeg

Took a few photos at Bristol earlier. Just in case anyone else on here is picking up today or tomorrow.

F7BBA5BE-2D5C-4B11-8CA7-80BA35EA69C5.jpeg

M3LR Black/Black
Ordered 10/10
Vin shown in source around 5/11 I think it was,
After much faffing about with Trade in details my collection is finally all sorted for this Friday afternoon at Trafford centre, so the next couple of days are going to drag,

Insurance & home charging all sorted,

Now I Just have to hope the car has enough charge to get me the 50-60 miles home through the nightmare Friday afternoon traffic.

I collect my car in a mere 5 days, 21 hours and 30 minutes.
Downpayment, sent and received.
Insurance, sorted.
All that remains is to clear out the car and fill it up with enough diesel to tide me over until I hand it over in exchange for my lovely new Model 3.
It's going to be a long 5 and a bit days!
I’ve just filled my trusty golf up for the last time and cleaned it. Strange feeling to realise I’m not going to fill up with diesel again. Kids are emotionally attached to the golf as it’s the only car they have known and think it’s a member of the family, so are sad about it ‘going to another home’🙁..On the other hand they are excited about getting a Tesla!!🥳