Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked online if my car is showing as insured, and it is. I then checked if it’s road taxed, it’s not show up. I take it that Tesla don’t do that until completion of handover? Is there a lag whilst the dvla recognise the new registration number?

They register it on day of handover.

And yes usually a delay before it will show up on various Reg Checker/HPI and such websites.

Reactions: Katic1972
I emailed Tesla Glasgow yesterday after everyone's advice and they said the car will be available for collection on the 21st of December. It's actually supposed to be delivered so will hopefully get that sorted next week.

In a mad dash now to get my current car sold and sort out a charger but trying to get an official quote for the EST grant is proving difficult. Trying to go with Pod Point but they say to contact them when ordering and still waiting to hear back.
Depending what you are trying to sell I would highly recommend Motorway. Sold my 18 month old Corolla 2.0 GR Sport hybrid for 1.5k more than I paid and apart from a delay in pick up all went very smoothly. for taking the photos to getting a sell was inside 72 hours.

Depending what you are trying to sell I would highly recommend Motorway. Sold my 18 month old Corolla 2.0 GR Sport hybrid for 1.5k more than I paid and apart from a delay in pick up all went very smoothly. for taking the photos to getting a sell was inside 72 hours.
Thanks for the tip! Have seen a few people recommend motorway. It's a BMW 1 SERIES Msport just under 3 years old. The We Buy Any Car quote has dropped about £4k in 2 months.

Reactions: Taff18
9887b5e6-5de5-421e-af91-da7c9019b2d5.JPG

That there is a very happy Tesla owner!!! Tina Tiny Tesla is home! Son is currently sitting in the driving seat (on the driveway), checking out all the games whilst the charge is topped up. 😆

She is truly wonderful. Collection was smooth and easy. Because I had completed all the steps online it was just check the car, sign here and off you go. Didn't ask for my driving licence or any proof of payment - I think this was because I had uploaded everything beforehand. Loads and loads of Teslas at the Space Centre. There was a chap there called Simon, from the Official Tesla Owners Facebook Group, and he was incredibly helpful because despite watching all the videos, my brain went blank on what to do.

And, I got to meet Guru1 from here!! How fab. Forgive me Guru1 for being a bit scatty when we met! 😁 If there had been more time we could've stopped for a cuppa and talked Tesla. Good luck with your pick-up.

Off out now for some more zooming around! x

View attachment 740473

That there is a very happy Tesla owner!!! Tina Tiny Tesla is home! Son is currently sitting in the driving seat (on the driveway), checking out all the games whilst the charge is topped up. 😆

She is truly wonderful. Collection was smooth and easy. Because I had completed all the steps online it was just check the car, sign here and off you go. Didn't ask for my driving licence or any proof of payment - I think this was because I had uploaded everything beforehand. Loads and loads of Teslas at the Space Centre. There was a chap there called Simon, from the Official Tesla Owners Facebook Group, and he was incredibly helpful because despite watching all the videos, my brain went blank on what to do.

And, I got to meet Guru1 from here!! How fab. Forgive me Guru1 for being a bit scatty when we met! 😁 If there had been more time we could've stopped for a cuppa and talked Tesla. Good luck with your pick-up.

Edit. Should also add that I couldn't find one flaw. I was impressed with the number of people cleaning and prepping the cars - as I approached mine the Tesla chap asked one of the cleaning guys to make sure all watermarks were wiped off my windows.

Reactions: OddityError
Thanks for the tip! Have seen a few people recommend motorway. It's a BMW 1 SERIES Msport just under 3 years old. The We Buy Any Car quote has dropped about £4k in 2 months.
I sold my i3s via motorway in October got £3.8k more than Tesla we’re offering and a grand more than wbac. Great service, there are others like cazoo and that other one the annoying bloke that does the YouTube reviews punts also.

Reactions: Vonni
Just checked online if my car is showing as insured, and it is. I then checked if it’s road taxed, it’s not show up. I take it that Tesla don’t do that until completion of handover? Is there a lag whilst the dvla recognise the new registration number?
Battery electric vehicles are exempt from road tax. Not sure for how much longer with the increasing popularity!

Were there holes left in the bumper from the original plate? These vinyl plates look so much better!

Yeah there are two holes in the bumper after taking the surround off. The edges of the holes are slightly raised so I carefully flattened them out but didn't full them, I just put the vinyl plate over the top :) You can make them out if you look closely but you'd have to know they were there :)

Reactions: Cossa and Krisey
View attachment 740473

Happy Tesla day! Nice to have met you, enjoy your new car!
I took the chance you were who I thought you were since you were the only female there and you looked like your avatar! :D

We went to the supercharger afterwards - it was getting pretty busy there and one of the stalls was out of action. I felt sorry for the poor chap in the Model S who went over a kerb going into the car park and catching his rear mud guard and proceeding to rip out his inner wheel arch liner! :eek:

Reactions: ScoutKaty
My old BMW i3 now handed over to my father. I'm now back in my Honda Civic Diesel with 149k so I am literally counting the days now. :oops:
  • Flight Booked to London City - £68.21
  • Stena Line Return Boat Booked (Premium/Flexi Ticket) - £172.22
  • Insurance Changed (£172 Extra per year than i3)
I'm ready. Roll on 11th December!
And there was I thinking a train across the Penines and a tram to the Trafford Centre was an adventure! Sheltered life I guess...

Got a call from a Maidenhead number...never called Tesla so didn't store it in my phonebook, answered it, they hung up.

An hour later, got through, think it was Davide who I spoke to (he's answered a couple of emails)...oh must have been just a courtesy call - confirmed the Thursday collection date. Asked if there's anything else he can help with...tried my luck with 'earlier collection would be great'.

Looked it up...Monday afternoon any good? YES IT IS! THANK YOU!

I'm guessing it was on Hyperion Ray that docked this morning, and I got lucky on being one of the first on its way to Thorpe Park...exciting times

Got a call from a Maidenhead number...never called Tesla so didn't store it in my phonebook, answered it, they hung up.

An hour later, got through, think it was Davide who I spoke to (he's answered a couple of emails)...oh must have been just a courtesy call - confirmed the Thursday collection date. Asked if there's anything else he can help with...tried my luck with 'earlier collection would be great'.

Looked it up...Monday afternoon any good? YES IT IS! THANK YOU!

I'm guessing it was on Hyperion Ray that docked this morning, and I got lucky on being one of the first on its way to Thorpe Park...exciting times
Yes they ended up giving me Monday 6th and accidentally let slip mine was on Nabucco randomly. Surprised it took that long to get from docking in Southampton to Thorpe park.

I’m there at 12pm! Enjoy collection and the car

Reactions: monkeyphil
Yes they ended up giving me Monday 6th and accidentally let slip mine was on Nabucco randomly. Surprised it took that long to get from docking in Southampton to Thorpe park.
I was told earlier in the week it wasn't due at Thorpe Park until 'a couple of days before' my collection - so either the Nabucco deliveries are taking forever, or I got lucky on Hyperion Ray - either way, not fussed...now to get it insured...I've never spent so long on hold in one day!

Little bit jealous of everyone collecting today and who have had their delivery brought forward!

Got various delivery confirmation texts last week for Tuesday 7th and then Wham… hit with the old logistics issue text on Friday at tea time. Delivery rescheduled to the 15th.

Not happy because I had Tuesday arranged as a free day with no client visits and my old car is gone from Monday. Nice one Tesla! Now I’m going to have to hire a car for a week.