Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many people here have put their order on hold for March 2022 delivery and new 22 plates?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Thanks
For me, it was all about getting it soonest despite 22 being my lucky number!

Mine is a company car so the sooner it arrives, the earlier I take advantage of the tax savings! I’m also really impatient and don’t like to wait.

Having read a number of posts on here and elsewhere, with Tesla it feels to me a little like you pay your money and take a chance…. Trying to deliberately time a delivery for the new plate could increase the chance of slipping through the delivery net for that whole quarter.

Went with Peugeot insurance. Had to phone them as my registration hasn't been activated yet but I had done the quote online and they had emailed me a quote reference number. Cheapest insurance I've had at £332.64p

The phonecall lasted no more than 10 minutes. He went through my online quote with me just to verify everything and asked if I wanted to take out no claims protection and motor legal protection which I declined. He took my payment wished me a nice day and that was that. Overall pretty faultless.
I also went Peugeot, although not as cheap as Gragor.

£700 which is still £200 than my previous insurance. 6pts - SP10 / Living in London is probably to blame. Oh and I have all the additions like claims protection / legal cover/courtesy car and next to nothing on excess.

Reactions: GraGor
Delivery today, no heated steering wheel or rear seats but the wireless charging pad and USB ports were there

Attachments

• F5F23FFB-645A-47A8-825B-F9AC4930A68F.jpeg
    F5F23FFB-645A-47A8-825B-F9AC4930A68F.jpeg
    665.8 KB · Views: 54
How many people here have put their order on hold for March 2022 delivery and new 22 plates?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Thanks
Nope.

Considered it for all 2 minutes. A) I need the car B) I want the car and C) I dont see year being as big as a factor to ICE vehicles given Tesla don't update their cars in that manner. What will be important is the range and miles on the clock.

For me, it was all about getting it soonest despite 22 being my lucky number!

Mine is a company car so the sooner it arrives, the earlier I take advantage of the tax savings! I’m also really impatient and don’t like to wait.

Having read a number of posts on here and elsewhere, with Tesla it feels to me a little like you pay your money and take a chance…. Trying to deliberately time a delivery for the new plate could increase the chance of slipping through the delivery net for that whole quarter.
I’ll admit, it is a bit nit-picky to wait.

I received a VIN a few weeks back for a Dec 15th order. Checked the VIN and it was a 21 build, at a time when 22 VINs were being delivered.

Will be away in Feb, so decided to put order on hold for a 22 VIN and plate in March. Also a company car which I plan to sell in ~3 years.

I also went Peugeot, although not as cheap as Gragor.

£700 which is still £200 than my previous insurance. 6pts - SP10 / Living in London is probably to blame. Oh and I have all the additions like claims protection / legal cover/courtesy car and next to nothing on excess.
Only negative is there doesn't seem to be a way to view your policy online.

I never take out any extras as my son in law worked for esure and said it's nothing but a con to get more money out of you especially the NCD protection and motor legal.

Nope.

Considered it for all 2 minutes. A) I need the car B) I want the car and C) I dont see year being as big as a factor to ICE vehicles given Tesla don't update their cars in that manner. What will be important is the range and miles on the clock.
Yeah, I considered this too.

From a buyers perspective, would a car that’s a 21 build with a 71 plate have the same perceived value as a 22 build with a 22 plate with the same range and miles in 3 years time?

This was the consideration for me - if there was a difference, and if so, how significant.

Only negative is there doesn't seem to be a way to view your policy online.

I never take out any extras as my son in law worked for esure and said it's nothing but a con to get more money out of you especially the NCD protection and motor legal.
But what happens when you claim? You lose your NCBs and next year you'll pay for that or if you need legal support? Fair enough if you will get support from your son but nice to know you have that legal support if you need it.

Yeah, I considered this too.

From a buyers perspective, would a car that’s a 21 build with a 71 plate have the same perceived value as a 22 build with a 22 plate with the same range and miles in 3 years time?

This was the consideration for me - if there was a difference, and if so, how significant.
Yes.

Because you wont have that whole year of miles on your clock compared to most early 2021 plates will have. Generally speaking you'll have 10,000 miles less than any other early 21 plate has.

Realistically, when you look to buy a second hand car, are you basing your decision on the year or are you basing your decision on the new model that came out in a given year. I've based my previous decision on the performance and look including how practical it is. I think you need to change your whole way of looking at it with a Tesla - its different to ICEs. Model 3 has looked the same for coming up to 5 years and so once you remove that, people are only going to be interested in range and miles + variant they can afford.

If you're super concerned, I'd be inclined to take a picture on the 1st January 2022 to share what your miles are at going into 2022 and share that with a prospective buyer. The car did 400 miles in 2021, it's practically 2022 model. lol

Not sure if any of the Irish contingent noticed but there were quite a few long ranges available for accelerated delivery but now they are all gone. I wonder if that’s to do with the delay some of us have had. With how long others have lasted when they’ve popped up it seems very unlikely they were all purchased that quickly.
Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye for a SR+ to pop up and noticed that, within the space of an hour they were all gone 🤔

Reactions: dave8089
3 days 21 Hours left, it feels like an eternity lol!

I've amended my bookings so my brother is going to come along for the journey! So at least it'll be some company for the long long drive.

He might have to wait outside as I think I read come alone but he'll be OK lol.

I got my car from the National Space Centre!

Car was FILTHY externally so that was disappointing but it’s STUNNING. What an amazing drive back despite the weather.

Their memo about having a good charge on the vehicle? Pure bullshit! 🤣🤣🤣

Also met Alex from here too! 😁
Oh that's crap! Was your car out in the weather or moved into an internal location at all?

In Thorpe Park, they have all the cars out in one of the main car parks, but appear to bring the cars being collected into a big marque where their 'detailer' then cleans up the cars before collection. I'm sure they give whole bunch of swirl on the paintwork presents on top too... But it's impossible to see them in the weather we've had the past two days.

I'm getting a ceramic coat put on this Friday, so looking forward to having that in place and a bit of piece of mind for the paintwork.