Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Into the final week before our delivery.

Chased Tesla on Thursday for the PCP contract, and have now made the final downpayment - transferred £1, and then the rest when that cleared.

So all left to do is turn up to Newcastle Thursday morning and hope there are no issues

Super excited.
I’m equally excited though need to wait a little longer - delivery Saturday anytime after 08:00. Little nervous to be honest to understand if I’m getting the latest light clusters and usb chargers / wireless charging. Looking to take the M3 on its first long trip to London for Christmas. Little worried if I can live with the hard ride and road noise at high speeds

I’m equally excited though need to wait a little longer - delivery Saturday anytime after 08:00. Little nervous to be honest to understand if I’m getting the latest light clusters and usb chargers / wireless charging. Looking to take the M3 on its first long trip to London for Christmas. Little worried if I can live with the hard ride and road noise at high speeds
Agree that the chance of missing USB/wireless charging makes me a little nervous, at the end of the day it would get sorted. Mixed feeling about the lights, I guess there is an element of FOMO if we got the old taillights, but if I’d never heard about people mention it then ignorance would have been bliss.
The ride seemed fine when we did the test drive, certainly no worse than the Mazda 3 sport nav we are replacing, which had similar sized 18” wheels

Did you take a test drive?

Agree that the chance of missing USB/wireless charging makes me a little nervous, at the end of the day it would get sorted. Mixed feeling about the lights, I guess there is an element of FOMO if we got the old taillights, but if I’d never heard about people mention it then ignorance would have been bliss.
The ride seemed fine when we did the test drive, certainly no worse than the Mazda 3 sport nav we are replacing, which had similar sized 18” wheels

I would agree. I find the ride absolutely fine and I have the 19” sport alloys.

As for the noise - I’ve never had an issue, and I’ve driven on A roads, B roads, Motorways etc. I can’t help but feel that the people which complain about it generally are the kind of people doing reviews so they don’t have the radio on…

Reactions: OishiiSaru

Yep agree. Should not matter what lights you have though I always want the latest stuff. In terms of the ride yep I did have a test drive and was a little disappointed with the ride quality with the constant thumps on bumps - seemed more compliant up to 40 mph and around town - expansion joints on motorways kick up a fair amount of roughness. The M3 is for my wife, I drive a X5 with air suspension so should not really compare The ride quality. I do want to use the Tesla most of the time considering the cost of diesel so want it to be liveable And found wind noise excessive - most I’ve experienced in any car. You may be asking - why are you getting a M3 - quite simply on monthly lease cost. My wife didn’t care what I got her only that it should be electric and 4WD. That limits the number of cars out there - nearest on cost was an Ioniq 5 Ultimate which worked out circa £15 dearer per month. Audi and Mercedes’ were well over £500 per month. So the Tesla was the cheapest and the deal I got came with free insurance for a year, cash back and BP pulse credit of £390. So a decent deal considering the lease market has got much more expensive over recent years.

Reactions: OishiiSaru
Still going guys!

Back in Ireland, final supercharge before home.

Left the house today at 6am and looking like all estimates show it’ll have taken us the full 24 hours. The boat was delayed which helped us in the end!

All told the car will have covered 450 miles in it’s first day… after this final charge we have the final 100 easy miles to go with no more average speed cameras or any of that crap lol.

I am tired I must say but it was a genuinely enjoyable trip!

218A6B13-4C73-48BB-B599-3F3DA13A1FFD.jpeg
5C962A95-7943-4190-82FD-B283363116BD.jpeg

Has anyone else here ordered late September and had their delivery delayed into next year?
I was given an estimate delivery of December. After the last 2 days of trying to get through to someone on customer support (when it's busy it just has an automated response then hangs up on me), I finally got through last night and was told my order (SR+ white with white interior) is more than likely pushed into January... Which now leaves me without a car from Christmas onwards.
Little frustrated at the customer service, they should really keep people informed if the estimate date is being pushed out like this. Also confused as to why, since many folks are ordering later than September and getting cars sooner. Just venting on here to see if anyone else is in a similar boat.
I ordered mine on 2nd December (White/White RWD 18inch) Est delivery February. Black interior was being pushed back to May 2022. Got a feesling there clumping alot of 2022 deliveries together

Just wondering about paperwork. I haven’t received anything from ALD (nor has the company I work for) and need to make sure the right names/addresses are down on the insurance docs for legal owner/keeper etc.
Yeah worth checking, you won't be the legal owner, maybe not the legal keeper either (I'm not on mine), I had to arrange my own insurance.

Worth reaching out to the leasing company.

Just wondering about paperwork. I haven’t received anything from ALD (nor has the company I work for) and need to make sure the right names/addresses are down on the insurance docs for legal owner/keeper etc.
Need to give CS a call mate. Mine is down through ALD on BCH i spome to them and then after few emails back and fourth they sent me a contract form to fill in. Send that off and was all approved in the same day.

Reactions: SpaceCowboy
Still going guys!

Back in Ireland, final supercharge before home.

Left the house today at 6am and looking like all estimates show it’ll have taken us the full 24 hours. The boat was delayed which helped us in the end!

All told the car will have covered 450 miles in it’s first day… after this final charge we have the final 100 easy miles to go with no more average speed cameras or any of that crap lol.

I am tired I must say but it was a genuinely enjoyable trip!

View attachment 743388View attachment 743394
Did you use autopilot?

A bit of detective work this morning boys.
I live quite close to and was passing the Dublin delivery spot Agnelli house this morning so I took a detour for a nose.

The big electric gate was open enough for a car so I drove in and around looking for any Teslas or Tesla set up…

Nothing there, and the security started shouting at me over the site speaker system so I fled.

Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow for the first of the collections - take some pics @Bandito 😁

@Standard_IE @Onearmedbandit @BevyBoy @John_IE

A bit of detective work this morning boys.
I live quite close to and was passing the Dublin delivery spot Agnelli house this morning so I took a detour for a nose.

The big electric gate was open enough for a car so I drove in and around looking for any Teslas or Tesla set up…

Nothing there, and the security started shouting at me over the site speaker system so I fled.

Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow for the first of the collections - take some pics @Bandito 😁

@Standard_IE @Onearmedbandit @BevyBoy @John_IE
I do enjoy the idea of you being shouted at through a speaker system to leave the lot hahah. Probably not a good sign there's **** all set up 21 hours before I'm meant to collect 😂

I do enjoy the idea of you being shouted at through a speaker system to leave the lot hahah. Probably not a good sign there's **** all set up 21 hours before I'm meant to collect 😂
I was expecting to see a few lined up ready to go and be sharing a pic too see if you could spot yours - there is a lot of inside spaces so they could be there 👍🏽

Enjoy tomorrow!