Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla rep could not answer this question clearly, so I am gonna ask you guys as you are experienced already. :) Since the estimated arrival was February, I did not accept the trade-in offer yet and I am keep getting messages from Tesla. Do you know if this gonna affect my arrival date? I see many ordered in November and already got their cars, so I was wondering if everything is okay :rolleyes:

Thanks, will try calling again (probably not till the day before, in case Tesla switch reg or date on me). I see on the insurance thread quite a few people using Churchill so I'm sure they can do it. I guess the person I spoke to just wasn't familiar with the procedure for doing it manually.
Churchill can definitely sort it over the phone, I arranged mine a couple of weeks in advance of pick-up (manual entry of reg and car model).

Tesla rep could not answer this question clearly, so I am gonna ask you guys as you are experienced already. :) Since the estimated arrival was February, I did not accept the trade-in offer yet and I am keep getting messages from Tesla. Do you know if this gonna affect my arrival date? I see many ordered in November and already got their cars, so I was wondering if everything is okay :rolleyes:
The trade in offer is valid for 60 days once you accept it. Not accepting it shouldn't affect your delivery date but obviously you'll need to do another trade in quote if you don't accept it. I didn't accept my initial trade in offer which was £28,900 and my next trade in quote they offered me £29,000.

Thanks, @khew1988 Decided to get the insurance out of the way rather than waiting (collection on 23rd). Just phoned Churchill to accept the quote and everything was handled very efficiently.
Excellent news. glad you managed to sort it all in the end! Doing it now is a good call, always nice to have one less thing to worry about on the lead up :)

Its not a particular batch - they all came off the line without them, Tesla had the parts to fit them by the time they arrived in the UK and are fitting them where they have the time before delivery however when the choice is between delivery without them being fit or not delivering they are delivering. Thus they sent the message out to everyone saying you may not have them because _they don't_ know at that point if your vehicle will have had them fitted by the time its delivered/collected
Mine came without.
I've been told explicitly that they do not have any in stock, and would advise via in-app notification when they would be available and an off-site visit could be boooked to have them installed. I originally booked a service job on pickup day for a few days later when I noticed them missing, but it was quickly cancelled and that message sent to me. The only other indication on availability is that some owners have been told it'll be January before any stock is available.

Mine came without.
I've been told explicitly that they do not have any in stock, and would advise via in-app notification when they would be available and an off-site visit could be boooked to have them installed. I originally booked a service job on pickup day for a few days later when I noticed them missing, but it was quickly cancelled and that message sent to me. The only other indication on availability is that some owners have been told it'll be January before any stock is available.
Probably no stock in the service centres because they've sent all available stock to the teams handling deliveries. Plus, limited availability of mobile techs because most of them are helping with pre-delivery inspections.

Or they've now completely run out - which will probably mean far more cars being delivered now without USB ports than previously.

But it's all guesswork really.

Reactions: khew1988
It may jut be that they were a newbie and their mentor wasn't available to double, it happens from time to time. I am sure they will sort it for you :)

Congratulations @Onearmedbandit, glad you are happy with the car. They are no where near as bad as people have made them out to be - a lot of the uncertainty on quality has stemmed from the old Fremont models, the quality from Shanghai seems a lot higher.

Only fault i found on mine was a scrape to the steering wheel plastic (booked in for replacement, but have to wait to Feb for the part to be delivered) and a small scuff to rear bumper which will buff out.
Yeah the field engineers present said the same. They had a Freemont M3 (not sure how) and a Shanghai there yesterday and they spent all day getting the former ready. Apparently Elon has called out the Freemont plant for their QA given that Shanghai is the younger plant of the two. It will be interesting to see the quality when Giga Berlin starts kicking them out.

My heart dropped when I saw them working on it as they came in. Thought i was looking at least at a scrape or a mark but it was spotless. Very high quality overall.

Reactions: OddityError
Yeah the field engineers present said the same. They had a Freemont M3 (not sure how) and a Shanghai there yesterday and they spent all day getting the former ready. Apparently Elon has called out the Freemont plant for their QA given that Shanghai is the younger plant of the two. It will be interesting to see the quality when Giga Berlin starts kicking them out.

My heart dropped when I saw them working on it as they came in. Thought i was looking at least at a scrape or a mark but it was spotless. Very high quality overall.
You must have had really meticulous detailers at your site... mine looked amazing in the tent but then when i got home i saw a load of swirl marks and then a giant dirty water swirl on the rear bumper. Didnt bother logging it as at some point next year i'll get it ceramic coated and partial PPF'd so that should sort it.

I seem to have Premium Connectivity (at the minute) and can't see anywhere where it says it's a trial. Mine's a lease though and I'm unable to check stuff out or see any upgrades via my account as the car isn't there. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the premium connectivity (or any other upgrade) when you have the car via lease?

Picked up our M3 LR from Newcastle this morning.
Went through the check list and all good - except the wireless charging and front USB C ports were missing which we'd already received the text message for ahead of time.
Car had 90% state of charge when we picked it up.

Also has the new rear light setup

Took a drive north up the A1 to the Adderton Supercharger to check that was all working 👍 , gotta say on the A1 when you get a small section of dual carriageway the M3 kicks ass for the lord and allows you get past stuff nicely.

Back home, and charging again on the granny plug until my HyperVolt is installed.

IMG_0074.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg

Last edited:
To all those who took new M3 (RWD) delivery in Nov and Dec, what does your on board screen showing and App showing in terms of model information? Is it showing as Standard Range Plus or other? I am asking because, I took delivery yesterday and its showing as standard range plus. Should the new model (LFP RWD ) show this or any different?

Congrats Onearmedbandit!!

Glad it went so well and no issues with the car bar the usb shortages - fingers crossed for the rest of us, Monday morning feels years away!

What’s the situation with your rear lights? Did you get the new or older set up?

Also, how many days ago did you get you licence plate number?

Picked up our M3 LR from Newcastle this morning.
Went through the check list and all good - except the wireless charging and front USB C ports were missing which we'd already received the text message for ahead of time.
Car had 90% state of charge when we picked it up.

Also has the new rear light setup

Took a drive north up the A1 to the Adderton Supercharger to check that was all working 👍 , gotta say on the A1 when you get a small section of dual carriageway the M3 kicks ass for the lord and allows you get past stuff nicely.

Back home, and charging again on the granny plug until my HyperVolt is installed.

View attachment 744985View attachment 744986View attachment 744987
What a gorgeous colour that red is, starting to wish I’d gone for that instead of the blue. Too late now lol. I pick mine up from Newcastle on the 23rd - can’t wait!

Reactions: OishiiSaru