Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if it takes a day to show up on the DVLA system that doesn't help me. I will read through the insurance thread and ask there. But sounds like it should be possible for them to do it manually before it is visible on the DVLA system. Maybe the person I spoke to at Churchill just didn't know how to do that.
Odd - My delivery was moved from Thursday to Monday at the start of the month, and only found out on Saturday afternoon! After then having to figure out how to insure, I went with Churchill and finished on the phone since the reg wasn’t available - they pulled out the quote, and happily accepted the reg that I got from Tesla, I asked if they cared about the VIN and they didn’t…maybe you got someone who doesn’t quite understand their systems.

And then a few days later after I got the V5C, assigned my personalised reg to the car…Churchill online didn’t recognise the plate so called the next day in the morning and they manually did it for no charge - also acknowledging that their systems don’t sync often enough with DVLA.

Good experience on both contacts - give them a call again and hopefully you get someone who understands how their stuff works!

Tesla rep could not answer this question clearly, so I am gonna ask you guys as you are experienced already. :) Since the estimated arrival was February, I did not accept the trade-in offer yet and I am keep getting messages from Tesla. Do you know if this gonna affect my arrival date? I see many ordered in November and already got their cars, so I was wondering if everything is okay :rolleyes:
Yes, it will. Been clearly told by CS that they prioritise deliveries for people with “completed profiles”. I did exactly the same thing as yourself, and ended up with delivery of 17 December while ordered on 6 Oct. Most of people who ordered after me got theirs before me. Also, CS said accepting the trade in is not binding - you can always cancel that later. So best just accept.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Yes, it will. Been clearly told by CS that they priorities deliveries to people with “completed profiles”. I did exactly the same thing as yourself, and ended up with delivery of 17 December while ordered on 6 Oct. Most of people preferred after me got theirs before me. Also, CS said accepting the trade in is not binding - you can always cancel that later. So best just accept.
interesting! As estimation was in February, I was trying to "Make sure to take the estimated delivery timeframe of your new Tesla into consideration" as Tesla support page is suggesting, apparently I should have asked this question here earlier :) Once I renew the quote next week, I will just accept it. Thanks!

But if it takes a day to show up on the DVLA system that doesn't help me. I will read through the insurance thread and ask there. But sounds like it should be possible for them to do it manually before it is visible on the DVLA system. Maybe the person I spoke to at Churchill just didn't know how to do that.
I just did it online with Churchill using the reg number I had been given. Worked perfectly

Tesla rep could not answer this question clearly, so I am gonna ask you guys as you are experienced already. :) Since the estimated arrival was February, I did not accept the trade-in offer yet and I am keep getting messages from Tesla. Do you know if this gonna affect my arrival date? I see many ordered in November and already got their cars, so I was wondering if everything is okay :rolleyes:
Maybe just accept the trade-in offer for the moment. I doubt that it is actually a binding agreement on your part. You can sort it out when they send the final invoice and a delivery date

Reactions: MoSkeeto
T minus 24 hours for me. Delivery due tomorrow. Still no text confirming my M3 maybe missing USB ports which is strange. Might be tempting fate or it was built some time ago it will defo have the usb and old rear lights. Little nervous - hope it’s perfect.
I'm in the same position - Saturday delivery. No missing USB text so far.

I'm wondering if the drivers do closest deliveries first or furthest away?
If they do closest last so they don't have as far to go home then I'll be towards the end of the day since I'm not too far from Leicester Space Centre!

I'm in the same position - Saturday delivery. No missing USB text so far.

I'm wondering if the drivers do closest deliveries first or furthest away?
If they do closest last so they don't have as far to go home then I'll be towards the end of the day since I'm not too far from Leicester Space Centre!
Yep same here. I’m in Northamptonshire so bet we will have the same driver Tomorrow. If they so happen to have a white LR black interior with an AK reg plate on their trailer then it might be mine. Send a message on this forum to let me know its on its way to me.