Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, Merry Christmas! Looking for a bit of advice. Has anyone got any experience with Tesla orders over bank holiday periods? I’ve ordered a M3LR from inventory which I’m due to collect next Thursday (30th). I’ve completed all the pre-delivery steps and now and the status is showing as ‘We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.’

I know Tesla usually want payment 48 hours before collection, but what I don’t know is whether I’ll get anything more (final invoice) before Wednesday next week because of the two bank holiday days over Christmas.

Any ideas how it’ll work? I’ve booked time off to collect and made arrangements so hoping it doesn’t shift etc.

Hi guys, Merry Christmas! Looking for a bit of advice. Has anyone got any experience with Tesla orders over bank holiday periods? I’ve ordered a M3LR from inventory which I’m due to collect next Thursday (30th). I’ve completed all the pre-delivery steps and now and the status is showing as ‘We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.’

I know Tesla usually want payment 48 hours before collection, but what I don’t know is whether I’ll get anything more (final invoice) before Wednesday next week because of the two bank holiday days over Christmas.

Any ideas how it’ll work? I’ve booked time off to collect and made arrangements so hoping it doesn’t shift etc.
Not sure if anyone will be working before Wednesday but I don’t think it will be a problem. If you pay less than 48 hours before collection you may just need to provide proof that the payment has been made - but you account normally reflects instant payments within a couple of hours anyway so the delivery team should be able to confirm full payment has been received.

Not sure if anyone will be working before Wednesday but I don’t think it will be a problem. If you pay less than 48 hours before collection you may just need to provide proof that the payment has been made - but you account normally reflects instant payments within a couple of hours anyway so the delivery team should be able to confirm full payment has been received.

Thanks for the reply. If I hear nothing by Wednesday lunch time I’ll give them a call and find out what they’d like me to do. Money is ready to go so just waiting on them now really.

Just be mindful that some banks limit the amount you can transfer per day. I had to pay for mine over 3 days to avoid any complications.
Managed to get it all sorted today. £10k single transaction limit so has to split it up between multiple transfers - but all good and Tesla confirmed all received and now ready to go for collection on Thursday. Very excited! Need to get a home charge sorted ASAP.

I had a similar experience. Ordered M3LR late Nov for March delivery but matched with a Christmas Eve pickup which I pushed to tomorrow (31st) because I was away. Was wondering what would happen about finance and contracts. Yesterday morning, during 400 mile road trip, I got a call from Tesla saying "have you reviewed your finance docs and prepared payment?". Turns out they had sent that the same morning, then phoned me an hour later. Said I had to make payment same day to be able to pick up in 48 hours, so I did it from my phone at motorway services. They called back a few hours later to confirm. So it works but a bit rushed.
Pick up tomorrow from Thorpe Park. Had the text about global supply probs and usb ports. Can't wait! 😀

Reactions: MrT3
I had a similar experience. Ordered M3LR late Nov for March delivery but matched with a Christmas Eve pickup which I pushed to tomorrow (31st) because I was away. Was wondering what would happen about finance and contracts. Yesterday morning, during 400 mile road trip, I got a call from Tesla saying "have you reviewed your finance docs and prepared payment?". Turns out they had sent that the same morning, then phoned me an hour later. Said I had to make payment same day to be able to pick up in 48 hours, so I did it from my phone at motorway services. They called back a few hours later to confirm. So it works but a bit rushed.
Pick up tomorrow from Thorpe Park. Had the text about global supply probs and usb ports. Can't wait! 😀
What spec did you go for ?

Collected mine from Tesla Bristol today. Bit of a fuss due to some dirty seats where the valeter had clearly been wearing muddy shoes or trousers, but otherwise everything in order. Missing the USB ports and wireless charging but expected that. Interestingly even though its running V11 of the software, I'm missing Cuphead and Sonic. Wonder if thats due to the missing USB ports as it needs a controller to play?

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Collected mine from Tesla Bristol today. Bit of a fuss due to some dirty seats where the valeter had clearly been wearing muddy shoes or trousers, but otherwise everything in order. Missing the USB ports and wireless charging but expected that. Interestingly even though its running V11 of the software, I'm missing Cuphead and Sonic. Wonder if thats due to the missing USB ports as it needs a controller to play?
Did they clean them before you left?

How was the handover overall? I am due to take delivery from Cribbs in February.

How was the handover overall? I am due to take delivery from Cribbs in February.

Overall pretty good, but lucky it stopped raining because nothing is under any covering so inspecting the car isn't ideal. Basically all the cars due for collection are parked up in Car Park J behind the entrance to Boots (there are some Tesla plaques/logos kicking around and you'll see all the Teslas parked up). I checked out the exterior of the car in some detail before going in - you head into the retail store (which was really busy, but I skipped past the queue and asked for someone in collectons) and it was pretty much a case of filling in some details, going out to the car with the Tesla employee, checking everything over, getting set up, finalising the handover of the car and then off you go. Straight forward really.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Overall pretty good, but lucky it stopped raining because nothing is under any covering so inspecting the car isn't ideal. Basically all the cars due for collection are parked up in Car Park J behind the entrance to Boots (there are some Tesla plaques/logos kicking around and you'll see all the Teslas parked up). I checked out the exterior of the car in some detail before going in - you head into the retail store (which was really busy, but I skipped past the queue and asked for someone in collectons) and it was pretty much a case of filling in some details, going out to the car with the Tesla employee, checking everything over, getting set up, finalising the handover of the car and then off you go. Straight forward really.
Sounds OK, but it's a shame they can't at least have a marquee like other collection venues. I imagine it's not easy to do a thorough check if it's been raining.