Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The game should appear (with a ‘Requires controller‘ message) even without a controller. I did get a ‘game updating message‘ after updating to V11 - perhaps you didn’t get this?
No I haven’t had a game update message, I’ll need to charge the car later so maybe it’ll update then. Been sat in the drive doing bugger all over Xmas! Thanks for the info 👍

Reactions: Mark-R
If there is sufficient fog to warrant fog lights you aren't going to dazzle anyone.
Not exactly ideal though is it?

Round here we get patchy fog, so can be very thick (under 100m visibility) for a mile or so, then suddenly clear.

So you are following someone, and have to flash them when you need to turn off the fog lights because you’ve come out of the fog?

At the end of the day, the rear fog light should be under the same quick controls menu as the headlights. Something that needs to be turned on and off easily to comply with road conditions and Uk law.

Why this isn’t there, but child locks, steering wheel adjustment, and other options that in almost all cases, are adjusted when parked up, is puzzling?!

Round here we get patchy fog, so can be very thick (under 100m visibility) for a mile or so, then suddenly clear.

So you are following someone, and have to flash them when you need to turn off the fog lights because you’ve come out of the fog?

At the end of the day, the rear fog light should be under the same quick controls menu as the headlights. Something that needs to be turned on and off easily to comply with road conditions and Uk law.

Why this isn’t there, but child locks, steering wheel adjustment, and other options that in almost all cases, are adjusted when parked up, is puzzling?!
Btw, you still can bring the cards by pushing the stalk to auto gently - doesn’t dazzle anyone, if you need another option.

Reactions: Simonix
This might be useful as a resource of different creations for light show:

We are literally a mobile disco now!

Ohhhhh, who has the 13 year old that could compose me a 1hr mix tape :p

DJ Tesco (Tesla and disco)!

• Funny
Reactions: 94jdh

Fog lights were awkward to access before, I would argue that it's now slightly easier due to the quick menu. With the headlights set to Auto you can push rather than pull and nothing much is likely to happen.

I'm looking forward to DeepFog© automating the process.

If there is sufficient fog to warrant fog lights you aren't going to dazzle anyone.

Even if no one else is about, I dazzle myself from the glare back at me.

I tried using the stalk the other evening to bring up the quick menu and control the fog lights, using the stalk was so silly it became comical.

It's debatable, but I have always set the child locks and leave on until not needed anymore. I've never needed to activate mid-journey and if the kids did open the door I would stop the car first. So I'd be happy for the fog lights to take their place on the car controls, moving them elsewhere.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Also now realized that every time I manually switch main beam (because auto lights are awful) the lights quick menu pops up for extra distraction. This really smacks of a rushed and poorly/hardly tested update. I honestly question whether the designers of this mess actually drive.

Surely if Tesla want to be ahead of the competition, they should engage with customers and poll opinions on what features matter to them and how to implement, a formal feature request web system with upvoting can't be beyond them.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Dunno if its only me, but I can’t see the sonic game in my toy box.. . Do you have to have a controller connected to see it or something?
One week old owner here - I don't have it either.

I suspect it's because I don't have any front USB ports?

Can any other new owner who is waiting for USB ports to be fitted confirm if they have Sonic available?

I meant return the stalk back to the original position as @Simonix mentioned that he does not use auto!
There is no manual returning to the original position. It works similar to the indicators in that is always returns to the central position itself.

The fact is that if you don’t have auto high beam enabled then there isn’t a way to bring up the pop up without making the high beam come up, whether you push or pull the stalk.