Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for me demist front/rear should be a single big icon and should sit outside if the shortcuts like the heated seats do. I’m less likely to use the heated seats as a shortcut (voice works well or I leave in auto) so I’d like demisting in that area

for me demist front/rear should be a single big icon and should sit outside if the shortcuts like the heated seats do. I’m less likely to use the heated seats as a shortcut (voice works well or I leave in auto) so I’d like demisting in that area
I did not know you could use voice control to turn the heated seats on... going to have some fun with that and watch the Mrs boil :cool:

I'd tend to agree. Since the "auto" function has come out I haven't touched the heated seats settings, although I guess some people are more reliant on it than others.

Rear demist, however, is something I use fairly often.

I'd tend to agree. Since the "auto" function has come out I haven't touched the heated seats settings, although I guess some people are more reliant on it than others.

Rear demist, however, is something I use fairly often.

Basically how it was before with v10 but give us options to toggle some of them on/off for more space between icons (so they're easier to hit) and a space in the middle for favourites.

Disney+... just what I wanted.

How about a SW update that fixes:
  1. Phantom breaking
  2. wipers deciding to turn themselves on and off at randon when it rains
  3. cruise control randomly failing to engage "just because"
  4. Not reading speed restrictions in roadworks
  5. Reading a car ahead which has went into a junction as a hazard with associated sirens and breaking when it really isn't needed
  6. overtaking HGVs and on the screen the image shows them moving into my lane yet in reality they arent
  7. tyre pressure monitor showing all tyres at equal pressure as per the book yet the warning about a low tyre comes up
  8. standing next to the car with my phone key and it saying 'please use swipecard'
  9. car not starting when opened with phone and 'please use swipecard'
  10. able to move the map to the right side on the diaplay so its closer to the driver
but yeah, I can now watch Disney+ and change the colour of my car on the display. Pointless. 🤬🤬
Do you have any recommendations for a car that can read variable speed restrictions, doesn't phantom break, has cruise control on all roads, great app experience and so on? I use a BMW X5 with driver assistance plus and a model Y and honestly find Tesla to be a lot better in all these aspects. In the past, I have used Audi A5 driver assistance which was reliable but nowhere close to the possibilities offered by Autopilot. Needless to say, myaudi is not a great app so you need a physical key and physical input to do anything. Perhaps, Tesla owners are expecting way too much from a car since Elon is just chatty on Twitter.

Reactions: Obliter8
Perhaps, Tesla owners are expecting way too much from a car since Elon is just chatty on Twitter.
Tesla as a company has a slightly different business model to traditional car makers. I don’t think many know who the VW CEO is or BMWs current one - some of the design chiefs names are more familiar than their CEOs. Tesla as a car company actively engages with customers than other car companies - I am not talking here about their service centres and the delivery glitches etc., The expectations are part of this and of course there are going to be unfulfilled promises and poor returns on various expectations. I think that is what we hear a lot in forums. Tesla did pursue the disruptive business model in car industry and by what we’ve seen in the last 10 years they are amazingly successful. But of course there are areas they can still improve - the difficulty is some think they got to get better in areas they won’t be able to make progress without considerable amount of data and the rest of us are happy with the current developments and the core product - the battery technology and the philosophy behind it.

Reactions: Bouba