Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a notification on my (Android) phone but checked TeslaFi before opening the App.
TeslaFi confirmed it had been awake for almost an hour and the message "update has been downloaded" was showing.
Opened the App and let it do it's thing. Update completed a little while ago.

LOL. I'd much rather the heating/seat controls came back, but the unofficial release notes suggest this isn't happening for us poor forgotten portrait screen "legacy" owners :(
In 2022.12.1 you can drag the seat heating controls back to the bottom bar now, outside of the "start menu" to make them permanently visible and accessible.

Reactions: Mr H
Bugger - set off from home today in our motorhome for a 2 month jolly around Europe, leaving the Legacy X plugged in at home. 2 hours down the road and my app tells me 12.1 is waiting to install! Call me a scaredy cat but I never install unless I’m at home to check it in case something hangs. So I wonder what will be waiting for me in a couple of months!

I just love to be proved wrong! Sear heaters etc can now be back where they belong :) Shame they were taken away in the first place though..
IMG_3960.jpeg

While I remember - Disney+ in the car continues the pretty annoying tradition of requiring you to enter a password to log in, rather than just confirming it on your phone with a code, or whatever, like what normally happens on current generation TVs.

I use a password manager so all of my passwords are pretty complex, and basically random characters, etc, so it’s quite irritating to fill in (especially multiple times, like I seem to have to do with the YouTube app). TIDAL is the only app in the car that did it elegantly, with a QR code.

why does seat heating go outside there? Because they need driver/passenger? or because its ‘important’? because demisting is *more* important so Id’ like that go on the outside please.
Just to be clear, after the update seat heating wasn’t there. I moved it there. Was just showing that it was possible to do that. To be honest I didn’t check to see if the demisters could go there instead.

Reactions: Mrklaw