Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your car visualisation change when you go from park into drive? i.e. from side profile of car to behind it? Mine doesn’t.
Yes it changes and I see road lines but there not necessarily correct
And when I turned off the main road, the car screamed blue murder. Probably because it had no idea it was a proper turning and thought I was going off road!

Reactions: Durzel
@Durzel who did you ring?
I have the mobile number of the ranger that has done work on my car (he’s probably regretting that now).

Tried calling the main Tesla number first but phone was ringing for about 5 minutes before someone who clearly wasn’t technical answered. I tried to explain the problem and he started talking about a windscreen replacement process, when I haven’t had a replacement windscreen..

Well at least yours does that I guess! I get the ultrasonic indicators on screen, but with my car pointing to the side lol.

TeslaMate has recorded my two drives yesterday as me apparently doing ~10 miles of donuts on my drive.

I have the mobile number of the ranger that has done work on my car (he’s probably regretting that now).

Tried calling the main Tesla number first but phone was ringing for about 5 minutes before someone who clearly wasn’t technical answered. I tried to explain the problem and he started talking about a windscreen replacement process, when I haven’t had a replacement windscreen..

Well at least yours does that I guess! I get the ultrasonic indicators on screen, but with my car pointing to the side lol.

TeslaMate has recorded my two drives yesterday as me apparently doing ~10 miles of donuts on my drive.
No doubt the sh!t will hit the fan before long. Hopefully they’ll pull it over the weekend

And when I turned off the main road, the car screamed blue murder. Probably because it had no idea it was a proper turning and thought I was going off road!
I had that too - first time out after the upgrade, turning right out of our street the car shouted at me to 'take control of steering' or similar. Did the same again a moment later but has shut up since.

@Durzel Just been out. Set nav back off permanent North and all functions back to normal.
on the way home stopped and set permanent North again but normality remained.
was that the cause or just a glitch and it would have worked anyway, I honestly don’t know
hope your’s get sorted

you’d assume/hope they separate basic UI updates from the core systems. Just having a few icons on the bottom bar and disney+ (presumably a browser based app anyway) shouldn’t do this. So I guess they’re constnatly updating core features and just don’t mention them in the release notes?

@Durzel Just been out. Set nav back off permanent North and all functions back to normal.
on the way home stopped and set permanent North again but normality remained.
was that the cause or just a glitch and it would have worked anyway, I honestly don’t know
hope your’s get sorted
Mine appears to be sorted now too. Just woke it up and tried using Summon to see if the car visualisation changed, which it did, so went for a quick 1 mile drive and everything seemed normal.

I would say “seemed” because I had both my repeater cameras replaced on Friday just gone (the orange indicator glare problem) and was told the car would need to recalibrate, but it doesn’t seem to have needed to, so I’m not 100% convinced about it to be honest.

Reactions: Dilly
Mine appears to be sorted now too. Just woke it up and tried using Summon to see if the car visualisation changed, which it did, so went for a quick 1 mile drive and everything seemed normal.

I would say “seemed” because I had both my repeater cameras replaced on Friday just gone (the orange indicator glare problem) and was told the car would need to recalibrate, but it doesn’t seem to have needed to, so I’m not 100% convinced about it to be honest.
Glad it sorted itself. Not sure what’s going on
what basis did you use to get the cameras changed. Mine suffers from that too as I expect do a lot. Was it an FSD thing?

Glad it sorted itself. Not sure what’s going on
what basis did you use to get the cameras changed. Mine suffers from that too as I expect do a lot. Was it an FSD thing?
I paid for them to be replaced, sadly. I was sick of the orange glare problem at night. I tried to argue for them to be done under warranty, but they weren’t having any of it (they have a ready prepared memo saying that “it’s a feature of the cameras as they were designed, which has been improved in later versions that customers are able to purchase if they choose” to fend off people asking for it)

Reactions: Dilly
I paid for them to be replaced, sadly. I was sick of the orange glare problem at night. I tried to argue for them to be done under warranty, but they weren’t having any of it (they have a ready prepared memo saying that “it’s a feature of the cameras as they were designed, which has been improved in later versions that customers are able to purchase if they choose” to fend off people asking for it)
i’ll wait until FSD comes out of beta and then complain… …posthumously 😂

• Funny