Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you adjust the temperature, you’ll see a ‘split’ button. Press that and climate temperature can be adjusted independently. Only temperature though, not fan speed.
View attachment 796454

Worth noting that only cars with a heat pump can use passenger seat occupancy to also toggle the fan on or off on one side. Otherwise the fan is always on on both sides regardless of seat occupancy.
Yep - but I think Bjorn has shown via ScanMyTesla that the car significantly reduces heater power to the passenger side.

Yep - but I think Bjorn has shown via ScanMyTesla that the car significantly reduces heater power to the passenger side.
I just checked and heat on both sides are equal (hot) even when nobody is in the passenger seat.
Updated to 2022.12.3.1 this morning. is it just me, or does the steering feel lighter with less resistance after this update? I've had 4 short journeys since the update and I've noticed this each time so I don't think its my imagination. Steering settings are unchanged.
Something about the steering has definitely changed for me too. Not sure if I’m a good way just yet.

Reactions: Horatio Alger
I just checked and heat on both sides are equal (hot) even when nobody is in the passenger seat.

I just checked and mine is very different when nobody is sat in the passenger seat.

However.. I've found that if I click on the left side of the climate control screen, on the picture of the passenger vent, it then equals the heating on both sides until the car is next locked. The display shows the fan engage on the passenger side when I click, otherwise the passenger side doesn't get heating.

I just checked and mine is very different when nobody is sat in the passenger seat.

It's probably because you have a heat pump (2021+ cars), which has better control of the climate zones as mentioned earlier. If your car doesn't have a heat pump (like mine), then I don't think you get that level of control with the climate zones.

Last edited:
Updated to 2022.12.3.1 this morning. is it just me, or does the steering feel lighter with less resistance after this update? I've had 4 short journeys since the update and I've noticed this each time so I don't think its my imagination. Steering settings are unchanged.
I noticed the same thing, too. I had to check my settings to make sure it hadn’t gone onto the lighter setting. I’m assuming they’ve tweaked the resistance.

I noticed the exact same thing after the update. I changed it from Sport to comfort to standard and all feel lighter. Something has definitely been updated.

Can't absolutely confirm this yet, but I haven't had a boot opening failure since this update landed on Friday.

I'm on 2022.12.3.1 and had the boot stop opening half way again this morning.

It's a very inconsistent problem. I had it twice when I first got 2022.8.2. I reset the height with a long button press & it hasn't happened again since. Have you both tried that?

It's a very inconsistent problem. I had it twice when I first got 2022.8.2. I reset the height with a long button press & it hasn't happened again since. Have you both tried that?
I haven't done that recently, but I'll certainly bear it in mind.

Still no failures to open fully since the update, over maybe a dozen operations since Friday. It happened just about every day before that. I'm tempted to go out and run the light show to see how it behaves.