Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a very inconsistent problem. I had it twice when I first got 2022.8.2. I reset the height with a long button press & it hasn't happened again since. Have you both tried that?

Yep, tried that many times unfortunately.

The only pattern I've noticed, it always opens when I use the app but not always when I press the button.

I am having the trunk beeping issue as well. I logged a case with support and supposedly: "Our engineers have reported improvements have been made in firmware level 2022.16 which will roll out to your vehicle in due course".

More from their response "The power lift gate is programmed to measure electrical current resistance to determine if it is hitting an obstacle, this has been programmed to be too sensitive and halts movement as it suspects it is contacting an object"

22.12.3.1 installing now.
It wouldn't download without a WiFi signal, all previous updates have used the LTE network. To get the car t receive the home wifi I have to leave the door to the garage open and the garage door open.
It will be interesting to see what this update brings, especially in respect of the boot motor position and phantom "take control immediately" messages.

and phantom "take control immediately" messages.
I had one of those (or at least similar) for the first time today & I have 12.3.1. Was pulling out of a car park turning right & the car seemed to think I was about to drive onto the pavement/bollards on the other side of the road. I think the message was along the lines of "corrective steering was applied". I've pulled out of the same exit many times before & never had that problem.

I have corrective warnings and no movement or adjustments to steering. I have turned off the settings that I can as they’ll annoying and over sensitive. Im sure that they’ll be a big fix release soon.

I have a technician coming out tomorrow to fit the garage opener. I’ll ask them if they know anything.

Reactions: spooksman
Updated last night - fine this morning, but when I left work today, the car had no idea where I was or where I was going. Merrily driving through houses, flats and parks. Took about 6 miles before it finally worked out what road I was on.

However, no 'steering grab'...

It will be interesting to see what this update brings, especially in respect of the boot motor position and phantom "take control immediately" messages.
Doesn't look like it will fix the boot issue as that is coming in the next major update:

I have followed "Undecided's" lead and turned off all of the driver assistance stuff. We shall see.....

So the boot opening motor is controlled through the power taken by the motor, a bit of a crude way as it requires the motor to be stalled at every opening, rather then touching an obstacle. I understand that other makes use motor running time to stop the lid, with motor stall to detect obstacles, which is a bit smarter.

The ability to add icons to the menu bar is nice and I noticed that the compass is now top left, rather than next to the routing box.
One quirk, this morning it asked me to confirm that I wanted my phone to remain paired. Odd.

... One quirk, this morning it asked me to confirm that I wanted my phone to remain paired. Odd.

I had a similar "first time I've seen this" message quirk yesterday asking if I wanted to link my driving profile to my key fob - yes I did.

Nothing seemed to specifically change from the normal operation though - I walk up to the car with fob in pocket, open the door and sit down, tap the brake and put my PIN in, belt up then tap the brake again and it switches from 'easy entry' to my profile then off I drive.

I changed my steering setting from Standard to Sport after the last update, possibly related on sensing that too.
Just to add another data point - I ended up doing this on my drive in this morning (first drive on 2022.12.3.1). My normal setting - Standard - felt off, although it wasn't a super obvious sensation.

To me "Sport" now feels like what "Standard" did, pre this update. I don't know what Sport or Comfort was like before, unfortunately, as I never used it (changed to Standard pretty much the first day of ownership).

Just to add another data point - I ended up doing this on my drive in this morning (first drive on 2022.12.3.1). My normal setting - Standard - felt off, although it wasn't a super obvious sensation.

To me "Sport" now feels like what "Standard" did, pre this update. I don't know what Sport or Comfort was like before, unfortunately, as I never used it (changed to Standard pretty much the first day of ownership).
Sport feel like driving a Vauxall Astra - if you’ve ever driven one - may be one of the worst experience in driving if you haven’t driven a Vauxall.