Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed a slowness to wake up & unlock since .12 was installed. Am on .12.1 at the moment, and even with a reboot on the car, it is sometimes taking 10 seconds to wake and open to door. I’ve had to unlock from the app a couple of times too.

Those after 2022.12.3 appear to be miscellaneous, un-described bug fixes. My own received 2022.12.3.2 last night.
Likewise...no change in release notes and nothing obvious in function, other than the regen seems to be more aggressive: I have it in the "bring to a stop" mode.

Only observation is that again, it wanted to connect to the internet via whe WiFi and not as all last year. This is a bit of a pain as I have to open the metal garage roller shutter to get a connection. Has anyone else notice that it demands WiFi?

Wi-Fi is the standard requirement and has been for several years. The only time lte is available as a download is for an emergency fix - notifications are always available over lte.

If you have had lte available as a download option then it’s either been safety/security releases or something odd going on - maybe a small patch to a larger release you had already downloaded.

Anyones computer not turned on since the last few updates? I’ve had it twice the past few weeks when getting in the car. Not sure if it’s software related.
I had a couple of slightly unusual start ups. The car briefly showed an image of the B post rfid keycard locking location but then came back normally on pressing the brake. I’ve done a reboot so I’ll be interested to see if it does it again.

Anyones computer not turned on since the last few updates? I’ve had it twice the past few weeks when getting in the car. Not sure if it’s software related.

I had a couple of slightly unusual start ups. The car briefly showed an image of the B post rfid keycard locking location but then came back normally on pressing the brake. I’ve done a reboot so I’ll be interested to see if it does it again.

I've had both of these several times since 2022.12.3. A couple of times the screen wouldn't come on at all even pressing the brake, but so far opening the driver's door & closing it again (while still seated) made the screen come on. The unusual image on the screen had "unlocked" in a huge font covering the width of the screen. It looked a bit like section of the phone app zoomed in.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I’m guessing this is from iOS update 4.8.0 but I’ve only just noticed that the charging bar no longer states charge limit in miles, rather only a percentage. I preferred it when it stated miles.

Attachments

• 8E7EF809-8D36-4969-BC49-354FF69A91C1.jpeg
    8E7EF809-8D36-4969-BC49-354FF69A91C1.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Burley
I got 2022.12.3.5on Friday and yesterday the car failed to recognise the phone key (good job I always have a key card with me). Had to reset the car and the phone to clear it. Also noticed that some notifications in the app had been reset even though I've had no update. Strange

I’ve not changed anything in the car and it’s always stated as miles.
Odd -- I don't recall ever being able to see anything other than a battery percentage target on the charge setting slider in the app. I can see estimated mile range at the top of the app (can toggle between percentage and estimated mileage). You formerly were able to set a desired mile amount in the battery charging slider? Maybe because our M3 is an older model.

Here
Odd -- I don't recall ever being able to see anything other than a battery percentage target on the charge setting slider in the app. I can see estimated mile range at the top of the app (can toggle between percentage and estimated mileage). You formerly were able to set a desired mile amount in the battery charging slider? Maybe because our M3 is an older model.
Where I have circled in red it usually stared the miles not percentage. I believe you could toggle between % and mileage by tapping on it, but now no.

Attachments

• ADAA5FFB-AB40-47A9-BB41-2A88D37F2FD3.jpeg
    ADAA5FFB-AB40-47A9-BB41-2A88D37F2FD3.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 48
I’ve not changed anything in the car and it’s always stated as miles.
Its not unusual for the car to change a setting. Just because you have not changed anything in the car doesn't mean that nothing in the car has changed or a change in functionality has not been reflected on other devices. As before, try toggling the battery icon in the car to temporarily toggle miles and % - this should push the car setting to other devices such as the app.

Its not unusual for the car to change a setting. Just because you have not changed anything in the car doesn't mean that nothing in the car has changed or a change in functionality has not been reflected on other devices. As before, try toggling the battery icon in the car to temporarily toggle miles and % - this should push the car setting to other devices such as the app.
*sigh* the actual mileage (I.e. state of charge) in the app is showing miles as is the car. The charging limit is showing %.

Is yours showing miles?