Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes ... just updated to 4.8 on the app and my slider no longer shows both miles and percentage. Also when I ask Siri what's my car charge it only gives percent whereas it used to say the percentage and "this should be good for x miles" (even when set as percentage on the car screen).
So it may be an app update rather than the car update that's causing this?

On the bright side we may get less "winter range" threads if Tesla move away from mileage :)

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but one recent change I've noticed, I think since 2022.12, is this:

Previously, the speed limit display on motorways would often get confused near junctions, where it would sometimes read through to other parts of the junction, such as an overhead bridge, and display an incorrect (lower) speed limit.

Now, I find that near junctions it often just admits it doesn't know, and the speed limit icon disappears for a while.

Obviously still not ideal, but better to admit it doesn't know than display the wrong speed - particularly if it causes TACC to change to an incorrect speed - although, for me, TACC hasn't been adjusting automatically for speed limits recently anyway...

The slider in my Tesla app isn’t showing miles either.

The in car display is set to miles not percent.

I’m using iPhone app version 4.8.0. 2021 M3LR

I miss seeing projected total miles on the app slider.

Last edited:
You've described the sensation perfectly. I couldn't really put my finger on it, but as you say it's more of a difference noticed when cornering. I too feel like Sport is more "dead" with small adjustments, although I don't mind that too much as it means (in theory anyway?) that when I'm using AP that it will take more effort to knock it out of AP vs just applying force to remind it that I'm there.

Have you tried AP since changing to Sport on the steering? It hadn't occurred to me that it might affect the torque needed to keep AP happy ... I don't have any local dual carriageway to try!

So it may be an app update rather than the car update that's causing this?

On the bright side we may get less "winter range" threads if Tesla move away from mileage :)

It's definitely the app update that made the change. When on 2022.12.3.1 and app 4.7 it worked showing both miles and percent when using the slider and when I updated the app to 4.8 it changed to percent only. It was only after that that I have further updated the car software to 12.3.2 and the app behaviour remains percent only even when operating the app slider.

Reactions: init6
Did your Premium Connectivity expire yesterday?
Hey Rocko, after a lot of searching last night, it does appear that my premium connectivity must have ended over the weekend. Were you affected in the same way?

I didn't get any notifications or messages from anyone so was a bit of a surprise. All good things must come to an end I guess. Now I'm just weighing up how much I need the benefits of PC and whether it's worth more than just using my phone as a wireless hotspot.

Hey Rocko, after a lot of searching last night, it does appear that my premium connectivity must have ended over the weekend. Were you affected in the same way?

I didn't get any notifications or messages from anyone so was a bit of a surprise. All good things must come to an end I guess. Now I'm just weighing up how much I need the benefits of PC and whether it's worth more than just using my phone as a wireless hotspot.

Yeah, free Premium Connectivity disappeared for everyone not with a free year on May 2nd. I've taken the subscription rather than frigging about with my phone.

The message you got saying that you needed to be in park appears to be a roundabout and strange way of saying you need to be on wifi, or pay for Premium Connectivity.

To be fair to Tesla they added the ability for the car to stay connected to wireless after going into Drive. They didn't have to do that, and prior to that change people without Premium Connectivity couldn't even use their phone hotspot while the car was in motion even if they wanted to.

As it is now only things like satellite maps, etc are behind a paywall. Could your phone do this with its own data? Certainly, but then what would be the point of having Premium Connectivity at all if people could just do everything on the phone data plan anyway?

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Yeah, free Premium Connectivity disappeared for everyone not with a free year on May 2nd. I've taken the subscription rather than frigging about with my phone.

I know what you mean about the faff of sorting the phone's hotspot every time... and would be the main reason for me subscribing. How did you 'upgrade' though? I have no option in the upgrade section of my app. I'm guessing you're lease too?