Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am being pedantic here, the ‘We’ here means? Everyone?
Fair point! Anyway my first sentence didn't match the rest of my post, it should have included a "don't" ... so I'll re-draft to "I don't routinely measure a petrol/diesel car by it's estimated range." ... I admit I hadn't considered that younger drivers (maybe older ones too) really do routinely use the mileage countdown on a fuel car at full tank levels as well as when really low on fuel. Like in an EV my experiences led me to mistrust the numbers in an ICE car so I just look at the tank gauge. (I remember "losing" 20 miles off the readout on our ICE car in the course of driving 1 mile downhill ...)

Reactions: Durzel
Who compares flights or train journeys in terms of miles rather than time.
The pilots and the train driver (whatever he is called) and if it is a car then the driver - is it not simple? rather than having some kind of convoluted reasoning/justification to have % on display. I think you have your freedom to show % or miles whatever you are comfortable with.

Reactions: HenryT
On 12.3.2, last few times I've been to the car it's automatically selected my profile when pressing the brake where as previously, almost 100% of the time it would use my wife's.

I was asked to relink my profile to my phone key, although think that was with 12.3.1.

Hope this lasts, it's nice not to feel like the car wants to crush you each time you enter.

The pilots and the train driver (whatever he is called) and if it is a car then the driver - is it not simple? rather than having some kind of convoluted reasoning/justification to have % on display. I think you have your freedom to show % or miles whatever you are comfortable with.
I have mine set to miles, mainly because it's not a million miles from the actual figure most of the time if you need to jump in the car and drive somewhere.

Don't particularly like watching the percentage fall, but I'd find that if an ICE car showed my the fuel capacity in percentage too.

Reactions: HenryT and goRt
60 mile trip on 12.3.2 today. On AP/FSD car is sitting too far left again for my liking. It was OK a while back.
It also seems more ‘fidgety’ positioning itself between the lines. It was smoother under 2022.8.x

Started doing this again today. Awake for ~13 minutes every hour. It's the third time since I got 2022.12.3, it hadn't done that on previous versions. Sitting at home, locked, no sentry, not plugged in. Also I don't have IO or any other app that wakes the car.

1652109506967.png

I'd probably count as "people hurt" Tesla support staff having to deal with people opening service requests to ask why their 1 week old car didn't show the same number of miles at 100% charge as it does on the website.

Oh I don't know. The perennial "Muh miles have gone, wat do?" posts are pretty painful.

This.

Reading through pages of debate about the mileage versus percentage question, when I had hoped to read about the other aspects of 2022.12. If the car is waking more often and draining the battery as a result, I'd have thought that was of much more importance.

Sometime after 2021.32 and I think in 2022.12 the following was added to the manual about TACC:

“With Traffic-Aware Cruise Control engaged and cruising at a set speed, you can also change the cruising speed to the current speed limit (including any offset you've specified), by either pushing the drive stalk downward and briefly holding, or touching and briefly holding the speed limit sign on the touchscreen, until you see the cruising speed change.”

I believe the stalk functionality is a useful addition that I've not seen in any release notes. Touching the speed limit on the screen already worked.

It means you can set TACC to initiate at your current speed and then change to the speed limit with the stalk at any time, presumably whenever the speed limit changes.

Hope this lasts, it's nice not to feel like the car wants to crush you each time you enter.
There's quite a height difference between my wife and me. I always imagine this scene if I press for the wrong profile :
:)
We just have Easy Entry set on both our profiles and then select the correct one from the menu. Was a laugh when they dropped that from the UI in one of the updates :)

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel
Sometime after 2021.32 and I think in 2022.12 the following was added to the manual about TACC:

“With Traffic-Aware Cruise Control engaged and cruising at a set speed, you can also change the cruising speed to the current speed limit (including any offset you've specified), by either pushing the drive stalk downward and briefly holding, or touching and briefly holding the speed limit sign on the touchscreen, until you see the cruising speed change.”

I believe the stalk functionality is a useful addition that I've not seen in any release notes. Touching the speed limit on the screen already worked.

It means you can set TACC to initiate at your current speed and then change to the speed limit with the stalk at any time, presumably whenever the speed limit changes.
You can also use the right scroll wheel to increase or decrease the TACC set speed and that’s been there since Jan 2021.

We just have Easy Entry set on both our profiles and then select the correct one from the menu

Not linking Profile to your Key ?

(Although if Wifee and I get in the car (Model-S) the Profile is always set to hers ... hers is first on the list, so that may be the reason. If I drive and change profile to "ME", then if I get out (to plug in at Supercharger) then when I open driver's door Profile resets to hers.)