Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not linking Profile to your Key ?

(Although if Wifee and I get in the car (Model-S) the Profile is always set to hers ... hers is first on the list, so that may be the reason. If I drive and change profile to "ME", then if I get out (to plug in at Supercharger) then when I open driver's door Profile resets to hers.)
I think that has changed with the new update at least for me!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
That's been there for ages.. it was added when the start TACC at current speed was implemented.
You're quite correct. Indeed, I had it in the notes I made just after buying the car!

It's been expanded and put in two locations in the 2022.12 manual. I noticed it because I use Draftable to compare pdf versions, as a way of finding out what has changed between versions. A great web-based tool.

Reactions: init6
The Easy Entry method means both of us can get in the car regardless of who got there first. 1 button press and we're sorted.

Just so I'm clear on this ...

If either of you are on your own you never get the benefit of the seat being in the right place, you have to press the screen-profile button?

Can't see a way around it when you are both in the car ... whoever gets there first will set the seat, and if that person is in the passenger seat then the driver can't get in / whatever.

I believe some other marques are able to detect the key closest to driver's door, which then sets the profile for that person. Sadly not for Tesla (unless some bright spark there figures out a way and adds it to an OTA update :) )

If either of you are on your own you never get the benefit of the seat being in the right place, you have to press the screen-profile button?
Nope.
If I drove the car last then when I hit the brake pedal the seat goes into my position.
If my wife drove the car last I hit the profile and it goes into my seat position.
If I forget my wife drove the car and don't hit the profile, I get to scream at C3PO to turn off the trash compactor :)

It's a small price to pay for always being able to get into the car regardless of who gets there first. More so in the rain.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
By the way, possibly a new bug in the latest update brings a message up saying cruise control and emergency braking not available. You can’t use cruise until you have turned the car off and on using the menu system.

Someone elsewhere have said Tesla are working on a fix but mine did it the other day and Tesla still want my car in to check over.

I’ve noticed since 2022.12.3.2 that if any of the cameras are obscured the car will have a fit turning pulling off the driveway and turning out of the close I live in with ‘corrective steering applied’, its a small road with no lane markings to deviate from!

"Casually" changing lane without indicating? It's correct to alert in that case, as the car doesn't know you're doing it on purpose.

Not if you turn off lane keep assist correction, ie rumble mode. If it’s panicking over crossing a white line mid lanes whilst not indicating, then that is a retrograde change in behaviour. Lane keep assist, aka gentle rumble through steering handled that situation just fine without any car panic. Different story if wandering off the side of the road, then it should (and did) warn.

Reactions: browellm
Not if you turn off lane keep assist correction, ie rumble mode. If it’s panicking over crossing a white line mid lanes whilst not indicating, then that is a retrograde change in behaviour. Lane keep assist, aka gentle rumble through steering handled that situation just fine without any car panic. Different story if wandering off the side of the road, then it should (and did) warn.
Correct and I mentioned further up the thread, these warnings are still happening with those options set to off.

The 'notable' part of the episode is that it hasn't done this before or since, other than once immediately after an earlier update, panicking as I turned right at a T junction. (Others had a similar experience I recall, remedied with a subsequent minor update).

The behaviour was more than the lane assist 'wobble' - it was as if autopilot has ended and I still had my hands in my pockets. "Take back control immediately" - I had never relinquished control in the first place.

I missed this in the latest release notes, but I see that Tesla's now display all Merc's as dustbins 😂

Tesla_Merc.jpg

Just a brief comment on 2022.12.3.2 - Since this update, the dashcam is regularly failing after the car wakes up from being asleep. Not every time, but frequently and its easy to miss the small red x on the dashcam icon vs the small red dot, especially as it is no longer on the main screen all the time in V11.

I've had this issue with two USBs and an SSD. The workaround is to try unplugging and then re-inserting the USB/SSD. Sometimes the device needs to be reformatted before it will work correctly, although all work fine when plugged into a PC.

I raised a support query with Tesla and had a response this morning, confirming this is a known bug which engineering are aware of and will hopefully be rectified in the next firmware update.

Just a brief comment on 2022.12.3.2 - Since this update, the dashcam is regularly failing after the car wakes up from being asleep. Not every time, but frequently and its easy to miss the small red x on the dashcam icon vs the small red dot, especially as it is no longer on the main screen all the time in V11.

I've had this issue with two USBs and an SSD. The workaround is to try unplugging and then re-inserting the USB/SSD. Sometimes the device needs to be reformatted before it will work correctly, although all work fine when plugged into a PC.

I raised a support query with Tesla and had a response this morning, confirming this is a known bug which engineering are aware of and will hopefully be rectified in the next firmware update.
I’ve had loads of issues with this. A real faff! They’ve clearly broken something in the latest FW update.

So now waiting for the boot fit and the dashcam fix!

Reactions: Burley
We have been offered 2022.12.3.6 over a week ago so clearly later versions than what the majority seem to have. Not sure why its not rolled out wider if it fixes things. Never a good sign when only limited rollout.

Not sure what the changes are but not willing to take one for the team to find out. Happy to stick with what we have until these issues get resolved.