Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have been offered 2022.12.3.6 over a week ago so clearly later versions than what the majority seem to have. Not sure why its not rolled out wider if it fixes things. Never a good sign when only limited rollout.

Not sure what the changes are but not willing to take one for the team to find out. Happy to stick with what we have until these issues get resolved.
There are a lot of .12.x’s kicking about right now And it’s 20 days since I got 12.3.2. you have to wonder what’s occurring.
3.2 hangs too close to the kerb on AP. I can’t wait to get shot of it

Just a brief comment on 2022.12.3.2 - Since this update, the dashcam is regularly failing after the car wakes up from being asleep. Not every time, but frequently and its easy to miss the small red x on the dashcam icon vs the small red dot, especially as it is no longer on the main screen all the time in V11.

I've had this issue with two USBs and an SSD. The workaround is to try unplugging and then re-inserting the USB/SSD. Sometimes the device needs to be reformatted before it will work correctly, although all work fine when plugged into a PC.

I raised a support query with Tesla and had a response this morning, confirming this is a known bug which engineering are aware of and will hopefully be rectified in the next firmware update.
Thanks for sharing, I was wondering if my SSD had failed, but given that I changed the drive and the error persisted this bug makes sense.

Reactions: Burley
We have been offered 2022.12.3.6 over a week ago so clearly later versions than what the majority seem to have. Not sure why its not rolled out wider if it fixes things. Never a good sign when only limited rollout.

Not sure what the changes are but not willing to take one for the team to find out. Happy to stick with what we have until these issues get resolved.

Looks like I was right to be cautious and not to take 2022.12.3.6 - it looks like its probably been pulled and we have now been reverted to being offered the 2022.12.3.2 download.

Just a brief comment on 2022.12.3.2 - Since this update, the dashcam is regularly failing after the car wakes up from being asleep. Not every time, but frequently and its easy to miss the small red x on the dashcam icon vs the small red dot, especially as it is no longer on the main screen all the time in V11.

I've had this issue with two USBs and an SSD. The workaround is to try unplugging and then re-inserting the USB/SSD. Sometimes the device needs to be reformatted before it will work correctly, although all work fine when plugged into a PC.

I raised a support query with Tesla and had a response this morning, confirming this is a known bug which engineering are aware of and will hopefully be rectified in the next firmware update.
Thanks for this. I noticed it for the first time yesterday, when I went to turn on sentry mode and saw that the dashcam was showing as "unavailable" and greyed out. I see it is mentioned in other places when I did a quick google search.

Reactions: Rirawin and Burley
I think 2022.12.3.6 is a special version that only went to a limited number of cars (along with .12.3.5 and .12.2.5 before it).

Often happens that they will test a particular change or fix on a limited number of cars. I was one of those suffering from frequent non-availability of autopilot, and it's been a lot better recently, so I wonder if it's related to testing the fix for that

Looks like I was right to be cautious and not to take 2022.12.3.6 - it looks like its probably been pulled and we have now been reverted to being offered the 2022.12.3.2 download.
Bastards. They must have been desperate to force this on us as they pushed the download over LTE. Oh well, turning off Wi-Fi save us from V11 for 5+ months.

Just a guess, they will be removing FSD’s off ramp automatic lane change that seems to have been deemed illegal in some (all?) UN ECE areas?

Last edited:
No it isn't, it should allow you to move into the vacant lane as per the hwc and monitor the lorry - long standing bug
40mile trip down M1 today, thought I’d give TACC another try. 2 phantom brake occurrences, so still garbage. 1 when changing lane 3 to 2 with a truck in lane 1 I can accept a bit. The other in lane 2 no changing lane on a straight patch going past a coach, sorry not acceptable at all.
No one should have to have their foot hovering over the accelerator to counteract random emergency braking. I nearly had a van in the boot because if it and it’s not conducive to a relaxing drive which is the idea of cruise control. My wife was not impressed at all. It really is very very poor at best and downright dangerous at worst. How have they not sorted this out yet🤔

2022.12.3.2 for a while..
  • Previously I only had to say 'USB' and it would revert to the last track I was playing every time - not now
  • For more than two years I would leave a/c off and just use temperature/fan. Now setting Low & fan speed 2 causes the car to randomly switch on a/c with fan speed 7 automatically yet the auto setting remains greyed out. Beyond annoying
Here's a limerick if you really want one...

They give us our updates for free
Each coming excites us with glee
Such promise they spew
Lo, nothing much new
And mostly they’re taking the pee

40mile trip down M1 today, thought I’d give TACC another try. 2 phantom brake occurrences, so still garbage. 1 when changing lane 3 to 2 with a truck in lane 1 I can accept a bit. The other in lane 2 no changing lane on a straight patch going past a coach, sorry not acceptable at all.
No one should have to have their foot hovering over the accelerator to counteract random emergency braking. I nearly had a van in the boot because if it and it’s not conducive to a relaxing drive which is the idea of cruise control. My wife was not impressed at all. It really is very, very poor at best and downright dangerous at worst. How have they not sorted this out yet🤔
Parts of M1 have very narrow lanes, so when a Tesla tries to measure the available gap, it does get smaller, so it highlights the vehicle and the gap in red and applies the braking since the car is designed to be cautious. Who is at fault here? I think it is the highway agency that has made large parts of the road network unsuitable for autonomous driving by needlessly creating four lanes and smart lanes. Soon, there would be laws in this country that would dictate which roads are allowed for any kind of autonomous driving.

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Parts of M1 have very narrow lanes, so when a Tesla tries to measure the available gap, it does get smaller, so it highlights the vehicle and the gap in red and applies the braking since the car is designed to be cautious. Who is at fault here? I think it is the highway agency that has made large parts of the road network unsuitable for autonomous driving by needlessly creating four lanes and smart lanes. Soon, there would be laws in this country that would dictate which roads are allowed for any kind of autonomous driving.
But mere humans can cope with the situation.
It's the age old problem of Tesla being overcautious then not fixing the problem as *insert new buzzword here* will be along in a few months and that will be fixed and more farting options will be available.

Reactions: candida
Who is at fault here? I think it is the highway agency that has made large parts of the road network unsuitable for autonomous driving

Brilliant. So far we've had many iterations of "you're not doing it right", now the Tesla enthusiast response is "the roads are wrong". Of course, the HIghways Agency's main focus should be not on managing ever increasing volume but on ensuring that the public network is a suitable test bed for the world's most valuable car maker's attempts at autonomous driving.

TACC phantom braking so ruined an otherwise quite impressive trip with family that my wife doesn't want to travel in the Tesla any more and I don't blame her. I'd settle for dumb cruise, though it's ancient tech. You could have it on a 1981 Honda Prelude. In fact my 1972 Fiat 500 has a hand throttle that does the same trick.

Reactions: goRt
But mere humans can cope with the situation.
It's the age old problem of Tesla being overcautious then not fixing the problem as *insert new buzzword here* will be along in a few months and that will be fixed, and more farting options will be available.
I doubt humans cope as well as we imagine. Just go on a drive and see the number of vehicles driving on the lane markers or crossing them without indicators. Because there are no laws or penalties we ignore these minor things. An autonomous software can not be designed to ignore human stupidity. Let me know if you find another L2 autonomous system that can deal with such roads better.

Reactions: KennethS