Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blended brakes is a 2022.16.x feature, and isn't even available in the UK (and rumour has it, anywhere on 3/Y currently, having been pulled from release late in the day).

I've not heard of a single 3/Y that has had it in the release notes, including older cars with all the regen options available, and newer LFP cars with none.

Reactions: CMc1 and Adopado
I got 12.3.16 a few days ago and was down in Dundee (80 miles away) for a couple of days. The severe phantom braking is back, loss of 5 mph plus, due to different tarmac colours as far as I could see and the "snatch" when engaging autopilot is back. I'd just returned from a 2500 mile trip to the south of England and used autopilot extensively on the motorways a dual carriageways. The "snatch" on the previous version was very gentle as was the phantom braking with 1 or 2 mph reduction..looking forward to the next update as this was a backward one.

I got 12.3.16 a few days ago and was down in Dundee (80 miles away) for a couple of days. The severe phantom braking is back, loss of 5 mph plus, due to different tarmac colours as far as I could see and the "snatch" when engaging autopilot is back. I'd just returned from a 2500 mile trip to the south of England and used autopilot extensively on the motorways a dual carriageways. The "snatch" on the previous version was very gentle as was the phantom braking with 1 or 2 mph reduction..looking forward to the next update as this was a backward one.

Interesting ... I haven't yet had any dual carriageway opportunities since the update. It's useful that you have described the detail of the "phantom braking".
(It would be helpful we had some kind of distinction between serious unexpected strong braking incidents and unexpected slowing. There is a world of difference between "phantom braking" that consists of actually braking severely and knocking off 20 or 30mph and occasions when the car unnecessarily decelerates by 5mph or so. Both are worthy of reporting but it's always useful to know which sort of incident we are talking about.)

Got the 2022.12.3.16 update yesterday morning and did a 200 mile round trip from London to Leamington today - mostly on the M1 with several patches of heavy traffic (70 down to stationary then varying speeds until it cleared). Pretty much all on NoA, all good - no weird braking incidents at all. AC definitely feels more active now - 20C was uncomfortably cold even on a relatively sunny day (for the UK!). Looking forward to the boot issue being fixed though but overall not a major hassle and definitely intermittent for me.

My M3P is running 2022.11.102

I’ve switched the update to advanced. How long is it typically before I get a new version?
Nobody knows. Leave it a couple of weeks and if concerned make a service appointment in the app under the software heading. Even if you choose a date to take the car in it won’t actually need to happen. Someone will be in touch from the Service Centre and they will either tell you to wait or they will push out an update for you if the car really has missed out.

Reactions: init6 and delta0