Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i got 2022.16 last night. very slow download, but hey ho. installed yesterday.

today went to my car and screen was just black. had to do the reset holding both steering wheel buttons.

noticed that trucks are a bit less shifting positions in lanes when I pass them on motorway. also noticed that cars are shown much brighter

i got 2022.16 last night. very slow download, but hey ho. installed yesterday.

today went to my car and screen was just black. had to do the reset holding both steering wheel buttons.

noticed that trucks are a bit less shifting positions in lanes when I pass them on motorway. also noticed that cars are shown much brighter
I wonder if that'll improve phantom breaking - in my experience most of my phantom breaking has been due to the car thinking that lorries are crossing into my lane

Reactions: CoastalEV
Why are the release notes never available? I know you get them when you get into the car after an install, but I've just set off the installation from the app while at my desk, and I want to see NOW what the updates are. But every site I go to says they're not available. Pretty *sugar*.

Edit: I'm updating to version 2022.12.3.14. I notice some people are updating to 2022.16.x.xx, which would appear to be streets ahead if the versioning is anything to go by. So what's the difference between 2022.12.x and 2022.16.x?

I wonder if that'll improve phantom breaking - in my experience most of my phantom breaking has been due to the car thinking that lorries are crossing into my lane
That won't materially improve until the vision-based updates - that's when the NN processes the individual camera feeds into an holistic view, What you're seeing is the same lorry through different lenses which AP isn't able to understand is a vehicle in a single location

So I updated to version 2022.12.3.14 yesterday. Read the release notes in the car. They are exactly the same release notes that accompanied the two previous updates. One of the updates was Disney+; I mean come on, that's been there for ages! And the ability to customize the bottom bar; again that's been so for a while. So what exactly is in this "update"?

And to repeat my question, why are some able to update with versions 2022.16.x and 2022.20.x? WTF?! Honestly, the whole "Tesla way" is growing tiresome.

And to repeat my question, why are some able to update with versions 2022.16.x and 2022.20.x? WTF?! Honestly, the whole "Tesla way" is growing tiresome.
You are a beta tester. They put people on different update paths so they can collect data about the release, or a particular hardware config in your car. Eventually there will be a unifying release. I really wouldn't sweat it.

So I updated to version 2022.12.3.14 yesterday. Read the release notes in the car. They are exactly the same release notes that accompanied the two previous updates. One of the updates was Disney+; I mean come on, that's been there for ages! And the ability to customize the bottom bar; again that's been so for a while. So what exactly is in this "update"?

the bottom bar customisation improved, i think - after latest release you could add 1 or 2 more icons to bottom bar

Newer frequently isn't better

It’s more complicated than that.

It all comes down to the time when Elon musk was a student in the late 90s in the USA. One evening he went to a pizzeria jointly owned by Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden. In the basement he met a young waitress named Amy Coney. The two conceived twins known as lepton and muon. Some years later in a bizarre time travel accident caused when lepton and muon were run over by a Mazda 626 whose brakes had failed they were sent inexplicably into the future. During this sojourn in later time they spent their time in hospital being rebuilt browsing the TMC forums. They then return to the past using a commonplace earth sun slingshot manoeuvre where they told their father Elon about electric cars and gave him any ideas for the model three including the styling which was based on a residual memory of the rogue Mazda. However lepton and muon had hugely advanced brains and enormous memories and were able to record the handles of those users of the TMC who did I did not deserve software updates hence the branching we see today.

It’s more complicated than that.

It all comes down to the time when Elon musk was a student in the late 90s in the USA. One evening he went to a pizzeria jointly owned by Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden. In the basement he met a young waitress named Amy Coney. The two conceived twins known as lepton and muon. Some years later in a bizarre time travel accident caused when lepton and muon were run over by a Mazda 626 whose brakes had failed they were sent inexplicably into the future. During this sojourn in later time they spent their time in hospital being rebuilt browsing the TMC forums. They then return to the past using a commonplace earth sun slingshot manoeuvre where they told their father Elon about electric cars and gave him any ideas for the model three including the styling which was based on a residual memory of the rogue Mazda. However lepton and muon had hugely advanced brains and enormous memories and were able to record the handles of those users of the TMC who did I did not deserve software updates hence the branching we see today.
I got as far as the first sentence. I'm sure it's very funny. :)

IIRC on when 2022.4.5 was released some owners were reporting they were not getting the update but instead was being pushed down a further variant of 2021.44, so was missing all the new shiny stuff in 2022.4.5. The way to get around it was to turn off Data sharing and hey presto they immediately got offered 2022.4.5. As @browellm mention by sharing data it appeared they were being enrolled in some beta testing so Tesla could capture data for whatever under the hood changes they were testing (obvs no evidence this was the case).

Its's Maybe worth turning off Data Sharing if you are desperate for the latest greatest software update

• Informative
Reactions: OttoR