Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software version 2022.16.0.2 was just detected on a Tesla Model S Plaid in Texas United States. The highest previous version was 2022.12.22. Follow the 2022.16.0.2 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker .

And some unofficial release notes

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.

Interesting, having one pedal driving all the time!
if it can work seamlessly and smoothly it is a good idea. Having a variable amount of braking on lift off is disconcerting if not dangerous in some situations

Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.

It looks like this feature might be refresh cars only. No idea how recent, but a guy in the States with an early Y hasn’t got it.

Bit of a bummer :(

The notes suggest that the fix for powered trunk has been provided as “owners have reported that their powered trunk stops before closing all the way”.

For me, and I thought others, the issue is more prevalent for when the boot stops before opening all the way. I hope the sensitivity changes works in both directions.
Funny how one person seems to get it in the US, Teslafi say it’s just started and a handful of people seem to have it and a website starts suggesting it’s fixed things based on user reports. I think they’re taking a punt on the news

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Doudeau
Funny how one person seems to get it in the US, Teslafi say it’s just started and a handful of people seem to have it and a website starts suggesting it’s fixed things based on user reports. I think they’re taking a punt on the news
Didn't Tesla tell a few owners with the issue that the fix would come in the 2022.16 update when they've reported the fault? I'm assuming that's where it's come from.

Reactions: OttoR and Doudeau
It's obviously far too early to comment about whether it's fixed the problem or not, given its barely been out, but that never stops these entities breathlessly reporting it as if it somehow matters that they're the first to say it.

That’ll put the screech in phantom braking!

The energy bar/regen line appears to be a bit larger in 2022.16:

1653559391165.png

Wel, .16.2 didn’t last long. 16.3 now showing on Teslafi. Still US etc only though
I read on Fb that the last digit may be tuned more for groups of cars. If you look at one of the trackers that report software versions by car you often see a version is pretty much limited to one car model e.g. 2022.12.3.12 was just about all M3 and MY with no other cars having it installed (although 1 was said to be ready to install). You can also imagine they'd do different builds with various regional tweaks to avoid runtime branching, the AP software especially, maybe even a branch for Radar equiped cars and a branch for those without, a branch for the US pilot and those not on it, there's 4 potential different builds already.

The counter argument is they're new later generations of the build as bugs have been founf, but that doesn't explain to me why some people get older versions than the latest number and Tesla are still pushing out old software with known issues when they have a later build.

Not sure what to believe to be honest.

not a tesla app reporting that some of the new car visualisations in FSD Beta 10.2 are also available in the general release for 2022.16:

These visualizations include various improved vehicle models including sedans, pickup trucks, and semi-trailers.

Some vehicles have been completely redesigned and are more detailed than the previous models.

For example, a sedan now has wheels, windows, and a glass roof, instead of the previous simplistic look that resembled a Model S keyfob.

There are also new models for bicycles and a beautiful new motorcycle model.