Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a heads-up for owners with enhanced autopilot... looks like this update may strip out Navigate on Autopilot following further (backwards) rule changes by the UNESC.

Unfortunately as the UK is a signatory to this it's going to affect cars here. It appears unclear as to whether the entire NoA feature set is to be removed or just automatic lane changes at the moment.

Will be staying on 2022.12 for some time, I think.

• Informative
Reactions: speedyranger74
Just as a heads-up for owners with enhanced autopilot... looks like this update may strip out Navigate on Autopilot following further (backwards) rule changes by the UNESC.

Unfortunately as the UK is a signatory to this it's going to affect cars here. It appears unclear as to whether the entire NoA feature set is to be removed or just automatic lane changes at the moment.

The issue is with NoA taking exits without driver confirmation, which has always been an exciting experience today. Given lane changing isn't part of NoA and is fully compliant it would seem unlikely to be effected.

The issue is with NoA taking exits without driver confirmation, which has always been an exciting experience today. Given lane changing isn't part of NoA and is fully compliant it would seem unlikely to be effected.

maybe easier/faster for them to comply by disabling temporarily while they remove that specific part?

Are there any changes in the rules that suggest they might allow fully automatic lane changes anytime soon?

What's your source for this?

Not correct. Just automatic exits.

To be entirely honest, I don't trust EAP to make sensible choices at exits anyway. I just turn it off once I'm 500m from the junction. I don't know if it's do the job correctly or not, and if it falls into the "Or not" category there is limited time to resolve that manually. As long as it can keep me in the right lane when motorways split, I'm good with that

Reactions: rlasry1
I just turn it off once I'm 500m from the junction

Its only if NoA is on that it will take the junction, isn't it?

But thinking about it leaving EAP / FSD on (without NoA) and then signalling to take the junction is probably as iffy as letting NoA do it. Same as following a car in stop-start traffic nudging forwards towards a roundabout and forgetting to cancel AP before the car in front sets off onto the roundabout and Tesla thinks "I'm having some of that" :)

99% of my Motorway is trogging along, in lane, slowing down for interminable traffic, and periodically changing lanes to pass something. Only time I use NoA and AP's-merging is to see if it is working yet ... until it can do the rest of the on/off-ramp activities its not a lot of use just taking the exit and storming up to the roundabout at 70 MPH ! But I do appreciate NoA telling me to "move over" a mile from the exit, because by then I may well have forgotten that's the exit I have to take ... particularly if it is the Supercharger I need and no other for 100 miles ...

Reactions: OttoR
Looks like 2022.16.1 will be for Europe and remove the slip road lunge feature of NoA. TeslaFi has seen one Model X in Finland receiving it so far.

Looks like 2022.16.1 will be for Europe and remove the slip road lunge feature of NoA. TeslaFi has seen one Model X in Finland receiving it so far.

This is a sad day when a European law affects a Brexit Britain. What is next? NoA must be limited to 37mph?

This is a sad day when a European law affects a Brexit Britain. What is next? NoA must be limited to 37mph?
Unfortunately it's UN regulations that the EU and the UK both subscribe to (and the US don't). After speaking to my MP it seems they have no intentions at this time of diverging from these rules.

This page even suggests we are players in shaping the UN rules.

Reactions: Obliter8 and OttoR
It’s not an EU law though.

I’d expect someone who is a blogger at a site that claims that they are “tracking the world of Electric Vehicles” to know that…
All articles I have seen point to this being related to European Legislation, hence it's only affecting cars with EAP/FSD in Europe. Also, my car collection is delayed due to Tesla unable to release my (and other's cars) until this is resolved. Tesla themselves stated to me it is European Legislation.

If you've seen something stating this is broader than Europe, please share.

All articles I have seen point to this being related to European Legislation, hence it's only affecting cars with EAP/FSD in Europe. Also, my car collection is delayed due to Tesla unable to release my (and other's cars) until this is resolved. Tesla themselves stated to me it is European Legislation.

If you've seen something stating this is broader than Europe, please share.
You do know the Europe (a continent) isn't the EU (a reading block designed to promote peace)

Reactions: browellm