Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure you're not alone!
I hate that UNECE correction... so I'm not sure if I want to install when will come.
Really? Do you regularly let the car take off ramps on it's own regularly? I find that terrifying as it waits until too late, flashes twice and then gets very lost before lane markings start on the slip road then snaps back into lane like a rollercoaster. Merging onto the M40 onto the M42 is also utterly terrifying under NoA driving.

Really? Do you regularly let the car take off ramps on it's own regularly? I find that terrifying as it waits until too late, flashes twice and then gets very lost before lane markings start on the slip road then snaps back into lane like a rollercoaster. Merging onto the M40 onto the M42 is also utterly terrifying under NoA driving.
I’m of the same opinion. I think it works much better in places such as Spain (I’m guessing they’re similar to the US) where off-ramps have a very different layout. There, the off-ramp lane starts much sooner so you have plenty of time to come off onto the adjoining lane before this then curves away, generally as a single lane. UK style off-ramps where you almost immediately come off the motorway and frequently split into 2 or 3 lanes AP/EAP gets very flustered and is simply dangerous with its sudden moves. If I lived in Spain where it seems to work better I might be upset, but not here in the UK.

Release notes on tracking website does say “only for specific hardware”. What actual hardware would be needed to have this engage? My YLR is 4 month old, why it doesn’t have “the specific hardware”
Those websites guess based on scraping data from Tesla and they're often wrong on the details. It seems that feature isn't in this build at all.

Reactions: jjluke
Those websites guess based on scraping data from Tesla and they're often wrong on the details. It seems that feature isn't in this build at all.
I have a suspicion that at least some of this stuff comes from people trying to decompile firmware that they've obtained somehow - perhaps from rooted vehicles or something like that. So they can probably see that this release note item is in the software, and they can perhaps see that there is code in there to conditionally display this release note in some vehicles and not others, based on... something. But they probably don't understand the code well enough to really understand what that something is.

Even if they do know that this release note item is displayed based on hardware configuration, there's no guarantee that the hardware it requires is even present in current production vehicles, rather than some prototype or test cars.

I think it works much better in places such as Spain (I’m guessing they’re similar to the US) where off-ramps have a very different layout. There, the off-ramp lane starts much sooner so you have plenty of time to come off onto the adjoining lane before this then curves away,
I haven't found that to be the case because, like the USA, a number of off ramps are also on ramps so as you start to go right, if someone else is joining to enter, the car immediately brakes, swerves etc. I just don't bother any more and switch everything off half a K before the exit.

PS. I haven't had an update since April.

I haven't found that to be the case because, like the USA, a number of off ramps are also on ramps so as you start to go right, if someone else is joining to enter, the car immediately brakes, swerves etc. I just don't bother any more and switch everything off half a K before the exit.

PS. I haven't had an update since April.
You must be chained to the naughty step 😂

Yes, and is doing well.
Unfortunately I can't upload on YouTube the videos. Only shorts and the quality is very poor.
In more than 2 years no one dangerous situation (in Uk and abroad).