Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody else wonder what's going to happen when Tesla start delivering software that is meant to actually be responsible for driving us? [I know this may be some time away]

Bugs happen, fair enough, but just about every release goes through this cycle of stop start, stupid bug here, more serious bug there.. if any of these happened to autopilot, and who knows what a stupid bug might be, maybe accidently screw up the country rule book so our cars look for US roadsigns, it could be carnage, for the first to get it at least.

If I was a regulator I'd be looking to be satisfied that everything is being done to ensure quality before its released, there doesn't seem a lot of evidence they do at the moment.

Yeah I'm not sure Agile development and safety critical systems are good bedfellows, but it hasn't been a problem up until now (and for the forseeable) because these systems are marketed as "beta" and require the driver to be present.

When that changes I would expect Tesla to have to have a more structured attitude towards this stuff.

Does anybody else wonder what's going to happen when Tesla start delivering software that is meant to actually be responsible for driving us? [I know this may be some time away]

Bugs happen, fair enough, but just about every release goes through this cycle of stop start, stupid bug here, more serious bug there.. if any of these happened to autopilot, and who knows what a stupid bug might be, maybe accidently screw up the country rule book so our cars look for US roadsigns, it could be carnage, for the first to get it at least.

If I was a regulator I'd be looking to be satisfied that everything is being done to ensure quality before its released, there doesn't seem a lot of evidence they do at the moment.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the code. Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code.

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the code. Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code.
I take your point, but as Boeing will testify the impact of screwing up in some areas doesn’t just hurt the company. Tesla may not be there yet, but I can see a time when something happens, somebody gets hurt, maybe the screen locks up causing a distraction, and scrutiny falls on the software release mechanisms.

Seems I'm still stuck on 2022.12.3.2 which has been abysmal for me. Far too many phantom corrective action taken warnings out of nowhere which is incredibly frustrating.
Must be the nav update since 3.2 with the old nav was bearable. The new one is operating even in private car parks with no lane markings so trying to reverse park by driving to the right is triggering a warning.

Reactions: DM206433
Looks like they have stopped this rollout again in the UK. No UK cars being done for ages.
Anyone know why this is? My MY was delayed being delivered to me because of a software recall issue that was address in 16.1.1. The software was released and subsequently 16.1.2, but the deployment to UK cars (and Europe in general) seems very slow. I am basing this off the subset of Teslafi users of course, but I expect the data is reflective.

Anyone know why this is? My MY was delayed being delivered to me because of a software recall issue that was address in 16.1.1. The software was released and subsequently 16.1.2, but the deployment to UK cars (and Europe in general) seems very slow. I am basing this off the subset of Teslafi users of course, but I expect the data is reflective.
I don't think we've really identified anything useful to determine how new updates roll out across the fleet, deployments start and stop, branches happen, new revisions come out. There are multiple variants of car specifications, those with and without FSD, owners can choose between early and slower updates etc.

Reactions: Lee Davis
I take your point, but as Boeing will testify the impact of screwing up in some areas doesn’t just hurt the company. Tesla may not be there yet, but I can see a time when something happens, somebody gets hurt, maybe the screen locks up causing a distraction, and scrutiny falls on the software release mechanisms.

My M3LR (2020) seems to have the upgrade available symbol on the screen (green down arrow thing) but nothing on the app so seems to be stuck. Any ideas?
Have you tried powering off the car or holding the two scrolwheels down until it restarts?