Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given how many bongs and beeps the car does, as well as pop up small messages in the centre of the display you have no chance of ever reading, I'm a little surprised there arent any voice messages. Perhaps I've watched a bit too much Star Trek TNG but some helpful voice callouts would go miles.

Just not bloody "On the roundabout, take the first exit" :D
Totally agree with this. It makes a bong, you glance down and even if you can read the first line of the message text, you’ve got no chance of reading the tiny grey on black second line before it disappears. This isn’t just ANY user interface, this is a Tesla user interface.

Reactions: OttoR
This update started downloading then decided there was no WiFi and changed to "connect to WiFi to download"?
This is the second (consecutive) time it's needed a two-button reset to restore WiFi in order to proceed with a download.
It took a good long think before it finally found and locked onto my house WiFi again.
Anyways it's completed the downloaded now and 2022.16.3 is installing.

Getting worried if it's going to need resetting *every* time there's an update from now on :(

This update started downloading then decided there was no WiFi and changed to "connect to WiFi to download"?
This is the second (consecutive) time it's needed a two-button reset to restore WiFi in order to proceed with a download.
It took a good long think before it finally found and locked onto my house WiFi again.
Anyways it's completed the downloaded now and 2022.16.3 is installing.

Getting worried if it's going to need resetting *every* time there's an update from now on :(
Didn’t come over LTE? We’re away at the moment and car has no wifi, but last night it downloaded 16.3 fine

I experienced a weird coma with mine on 2022.16.1, where charging continued to work (though Intelligent Octopus app had problems waking car) while both screens remained off on entry and Tesla pp control stopped. I tend to hold the steering wheel more after an update too ;)

The car reboots after an update
You're referring to wiping all configuration data prior to an update
No I'm not. I'm talking about rebooting before an upgrade as the OP stated he does. Doing a reboot before an upgrade allows you to put the device into a known state.
Back in my server support days, ASGs would add their own mount points without putting them in the fstab. We'd do an OS upgrade and they'd lose their mount point and blame the upgrade. Doing a reboot before hand puts the server back to the way it was (properly) configured. Then we could spot that the ASGs had been doing non-optimal installs. Also works great for clearing memory leaks and other things.

Hearing chatter in some Tesla discords that the Regenerative Braking changes are only applicable to cars with the 4680 cells, specifically the handful of Model Ys coming out of Texas.

No one seems to be able to provide definitive proof of this yet so not sure how valid this information is.

Reactions: Durzel and delta0
Hearing chatter in some Tesla discords that the Regenerative Braking changes are only applicable to cars with the 4680 cells, specifically the handful of Model Ys coming out of Texas.

No one seems to be able to provide definitive proof of this yet so not sure how valid this information is.
If I recall correctly, in the release notes it states not available on Production cars. Only available to test cars.

Pretty sure if it's just a feature or bug fix then it always uses wifi, if the update contains a critical bug/recall then it will get downloaded over LTE if it doesn't get it over wifi first.
Also regarding reboot, you can't do a full reboot any more (brake peddle) after it started causing more issues than it fixed as it's a forced reboot rather than a shutdown. Bit like holding the power button down on your PC rather than using shutdown, might get away with it a few times but there's a chance something will get corrupted. The soft shutdown doesn't reset any of the hardware, so the only way to be sure of a full reset is to leave the car with sentry mode off and walk away so it'll go fully to sleep and power down. Dunno why they don't let you do that via the reboot in the menue.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Pretty sure if it's just a feature or bug fix then it always uses wifi, if the update contains a critical bug/recall then it will get downloaded over LTE if it doesn't get it over wifi first.
Also regarding reboot, you can't do a full reboot any more (brake peddle) after it started causing more issues than it fixed as it's a forced reboot rather than a shutdown. Bit like holding the power button down on your PC rather than using shutdown, might get away with it a few times but there's a chance something will get corrupted. The soft shutdown doesn't reset any of the hardware, so the only way to be sure of a full reset is to leave the car with sentry mode off and walk away so it'll go fully to sleep and power down. Dunno why they don't let you do that via the reboot in the menue.
afaik there was never really any difference between holding the brake pedal during a reset or not, it was just part of Tesla's procedure to avoid the car rolling away. I've never experienced it doing anything different.

Reactions: init6 and Adopado