Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
afaik there was never really any difference between holding the brake pedal during a reset or not, it was just part of Tesla's procedure to avoid the car rolling away. I've never experienced it doing anything different.
you used to get asked by service to make sure you had tried a soft reset and if that didn't work a hard reset with the brake peddle. But I have no idea when that stopped being a thing, and it's possible that it didn't even do much back when the SC was suggesting it. Communication has never been their strong point both internally and externally.

Myth.
My car received its first update the day I picked it up.
My first M3 took well over 3 weeks before it got an update and two weeks before my second one got one. All we can say is there is no definite time period here, you may have to wait between 1 and 28 days.

The only possible pattern is there seems to be the need for active updates being rolled out to the general population, which allows newly delivered vehicles to be pulled into the schedule.

Technically yes but I don’t recall anyone having to wait longer than 4 weeks unless they had a problem where an update had to be explicitly pushed. If you get to 28 days then it probably is time to raise a service request.
Out of the 27 updates I've had, 6 of them have been over 28 days. The longest being 47 days. Remember also you don't always get every update. Sometimes you skip updates.
So newbies, no need for a service request, just be patient and enjoy the car while someone else does the beta testing :)

Reactions: Cardo
Out of the 27 updates I've had, 6 of them have been over 28 days. The longest being 47 days. Remember also you don't always get every update.
We are discussing new vehicles though. The vast majority of new owners here report they obtain a software update within 28 days of taking delivery so they are brought inline with one of the versions in general circulation rather than kept on a factory build.

After that then yes, you may go many weeks without an update and you won't get all of them as Tesla do slow rollouts then pull them if a problem is found, A/B testing etc.