Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your detailed observations BTW @Durzel

It's good to have definitive confirmation that opening a door really does count as a drive. I've seen it stated before but, as opening a door will wake the car, it's easy for people to draw wrong conclusions if they're unaware of the undocumented behaviour.

Reactions: Durzel
I've seen elsewhere it claimed that overheat protection doesn't work with Sentry and the Tilt alarm active. Mine worked yesterday - alarm was on, but sentry wasn't so perhaps that does need to be off?
I know at home where I don't use sentry mode. I have heard fans going. I didn't stay to find out how long they were running for, so I have no idea what they were running for.

The fan will run for 20-30 minutes after a drive, but i think its just the climate one passing air over the heat exchanger to dry it out so it doesn't start to smell bad, so it could be that one you've heard. I usually leave mine set on overheat protection without AC and I'm really not sure that works. Yesterday, as soon as i changed it over to with AC on the app, it started up immediately.

I know at home where I don't use sentry mode. I have heard fans going. I didn't stay to find out how long they were running for, so I have no idea what they were running for.
  • In addition to cooling the interior, the air conditioning compressor also cools the Battery. Therefore, in hot weather, the air conditioning compressor can turn on even if you turned it off. This is normal because the system’s priority is to cool the Battery to ensure it stays within an optimum temperature range to support longevity and optimum performance.
  • Even when not in use, you may hear Model 3 emit a whining noise or the sound of water circulating. These sounds are normal and occur when the internal cooling systems turn on to support various vehicle functions, such as maintaining the low voltage battery and balancing the temperature of the high voltage Battery.

I've seen elsewhere it claimed that overheat protection doesn't work with Sentry and the Tilt alarm active. Mine worked yesterday - alarm was on, but sentry wasn't so perhaps that does need to be off?
Yes, that’s my experience (MS 75); I cannot turn on overheat protection with the alarm active. Sentry was disabled.

Anyone have issues with Disney plus? I was logged out of my account but got as far as inputting the pin code (for Disney) but it looks like there’s an incompatibility in the browser. It doesn’t allow number entry in the pin section. You can click into each number and move on to the next field but it fails to recognise the return on submit function.

Reactions: trintrax
Anyone have issues with Disney plus? I was logged out of my account but got as far as inputting the pin code (for Disney) but it looks like there’s an incompatibility in the browser. It doesn’t allow number entry in the pin section. You can click into each number and move on to the next field but it fails to recognise the return on submit function.
Yes. Same problem

Reactions: Katic1972
Same problem. Not just you.

Reactions: Katic1972
I've had my car for more than two years, but today, for the first time, I saw a message saying 'Auto Defogging'... It only stayed there about 30 seconds and then disappeared.
IMG_20220725_073850.jpg

Has that always been there?