Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the feeling the big stuff is the 2022.xx part, everything thereafter is just bug fixes or tweaks. I’ve trawled through various websites listing the release details and you get a lot of repetition on the smaller numbers, and then half the features listed don’t appear on your car anyway when you get it.

All the main sites are leading on the same set of changes, but I'm guessing the only thing we'll notice is the movable blind spot image position. The driver profile thing is fairly niche for people with multiple cars, I don't know anyone that has a beeping sentry mode anyway (although Tesla info speculate they're adding the beep which you can then turn off), and the traffic along route is one where you need premium connectivity and as I haven't, I guess I won;t see it although others might. If I'm right, it's a fairly light feature update in practice.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I'm curious as to whether we're getting blended brakes, which was added to US cars in 2020.22.7 (retroactively). UK release notes are often different, so curious to see what it actually says on a UK car.
Aren’t they just on the 2021 facelift MS and MX?

Guess we need some U.K. cars upgraded to conclusively know one way or the other

Aren’t they just on the 2021 facelift MS and MX?

Guess we need some U.K. cars upgraded to conclusively know one way or the other
No, US 3 (maybe Y too?) owners have got blended brakes when upgrading to 2022.20.7. It shows for them as being included on an older update (which it was, technically). There's no evidence UK owners have had it, for whatever reason.

Update done. Its a slow one, took near an hour from starting to completion.
Strangely it got to 80% then bounced back to 30% after about 45 min. Then completed and rebooted. Coming from 2022.20.6.
Release notes:
20220805_171924.jpg
20220805_171930.jpg
20220805_171937.jpg

I do hope this is 3rd party plug & charge. They just need a deal with ElectJuiceNetwork or JoinBonnet
Wouldn't hold your breath for plug and charge to become widespread, particularly when using third party aggregators.

What happens if you're subscribed to both Juice and Bonnet, and so is the charge point? Who gets to decide which network is used? Don't get me wrong - of course I'd love third party chargers to work just like superchargers - I just don't expect it to work any time soon outside of the case where you have a direct subsciption with the charge network you're using....

No, US 3 (maybe Y too?) owners have got blended brakes when upgrading to 2022.20.7. It shows for them as being included on an older update (which it was, technically). There's no evidence UK owners have had it, for whatever reason.
I saw loads of the sites say it was for the M3 and and MY, then I saw chat that said it's only on the LFP cars which is why the LR/P owners didn't get it, then others say it's only on the LR/P cars and so the LFP cars won't get it. They can't both be right and I ended up being of the opinion nobody actually got it. The sites above now talk about it being only on the new MS and MX unless that's adding just more confusion.

Reactions: Bistoptom
Wouldn't hold your breath for plug and charge to become widespread, particularly when using third party aggregators.

What happens if you're subscribed to both Juice and Bonnet, and so is the charge point? Who gets to decide which network is used? Don't get me wrong - of course I'd love third party chargers to work just like superchargers - I just don't expect it to work any time soon outside of the case where you have a direct subsciption with the charge network you're using....
Further down the Twitter thread green basically says it’s not plug & charge. Disappointed but not surprised. (Next time hopefully!!). It’ll just read data from the charger and I assume provide data in the car (cost?).

How I would see it could work: if Tesla did a collaboration with say Octopus you could get billed through your Tesla account but behind the scenes Tesla use EJN’s infrastructure to authenticate or initiate the charge. I.e you personally wouldn’t need an EJN account, Tesla do a global deal. Opt-in opt-out. If you want to do a manual charge with an app, you opt-out.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Also on 2022.24.1 as of today. Was offered it earlier in the week but car was away from home on a Euro road-trip until yesterday evening. Same release notes as posted above.

Upper/right of screen seems to be the optimal location for blind-spot camera, assuming I keep it enabled. Once SWMBO's M3 has the update I can try out the "cloud" profile features. That said, my seating position for the MY is not the same as for the wife's M3, so I do hope one can pick and choose what to sync. Failing that, ensure they are only shared when jumping between identical models.