Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless .28 and subsequent updates fix one or more of the following, I don’t care about updates any more:

- speed assist
- auto high beam
- move manual wiper speed to scroll wheel
- make voice control at least as good as a 2018 BMW
- incorrect counting of roundabout exits

If I were Musk, I’d be insisting that each coming update must fix / significantly improve at least one of these fundamental issues, because otherwise, especially with SCs opening up and when supply constraints start to ease, customers will simply take their money to other manufacturers offering EVs that don’t have these basic faults.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricPolice
Unless .28 and subsequent updates fix one or more of the following, I don’t care about updates any more:

- speed assist
- auto high beam
- move manual wiper speed to scroll wheel
- make voice control at least as good as a 2018 BMW
- incorrect counting of roundabout exits

If I were Musk, I’d be insisting that each coming update must fix / significantly improve at least one of these fundamental issues, because otherwise, especially with SCs opening up and when supply constraints start to ease, customers will simply take their money to other manufacturers offering EVs that don’t have these basic faults.

Good luck with that. So far all that has been announced for 2022.28 is the ability to minimize Youtube/Netflix :(

Reactions: KennethS
according to not a tesla app 24% of cars are on 24.6 or higher, therefore I am surprised I haven't seen more negative feedback hitting the forums. I'm still on 20.8, amongst the 36%, and was planning to hold off updating... but perhaps Tesla Vision is not as bad as we fear?

But I do agree that .28 needs to bring something more useful than just theatre improvements.

according to not a tesla app 24% of cars are on 24.6 or higher, therefore I am surprised I haven't seen more negative feedback hitting the forums. I'm still on 20.8, amongst the 36%, and was planning to hold off updating... but perhaps Tesla Vision is not as bad as we fear?

But I do agree that .28 needs to bring something more useful than just theatre improvements.
I have driven now a fair bit with vision only. Day and night and rain or dry. And to be honest….I am happy. Can’t complain. Tesla vision is far superior to the radar in my opinion. Wipers are ok and auto high beam does work-not always perfect, but it is safe and rather overactive in switching off than switching on. I think the worries are a bit blown out of proportion and mostly voiced by people not having it installed.

I have driven now a fair bit with vision only. Day and night and rain or dry. And to be honest….I am happy. Can’t complain. Tesla vision is far superior to the radar in my opinion. Wipers are ok and auto high beam does work-not always perfect, but it is safe and rather overactive in switching off than switching on. I think the worries are a bit blown out of proportion and mostly voiced by people not having it installed.
Yeah I think I will update. The consensus seems to be that Tesla Vision is better its just auto high beam sucks, auto wipers have never been too bad for me (but I know they seem to vary in quality from car to car).

Wipers are ok and auto high beam does work-not always perfect, but it is safe and rather overactive in switching off than switching on. I think the worries are a bit blown out of proportion and mostly voiced by people not having it installed.
Loads and loads of worries on social media voiced by people who do have it installed.

Unless autoHB and wipers have materially improved, you don’t need to have it installed to know that an update which turns them on every single time you engage AP is annoying, at best.

EBEA6595-CB79-46D2-8515-DCF71FACA461.jpeg

Quite impressed with this. Autopilot much smoother and so much more confidence when changing lanes. No phantom braking on M1.

It stayed engaged during the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen on the motorway, doing 30mph at one point with no lead car in an inch of standing water. I couldn’t see the lane lines but it made it though.

Only bug is that navigation instructions don’t mute the radio any more.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Would be interested to hear thoughts of people who’ve tried it along a decent stretch of night motorway driving involving fairly frequent lane changes (without using assisted lane changes).