Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded from 20.8 to 24.8 not driven yet, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like a step backwards when it comes to driving at night with AP.... We shall see!
There is some sort of good news. I’m in a email conversation with Tesla. Following a 15 minute drive last night, I‘ve given them a set of time stamped incorrect or inappropriate high beam changes together with dashcam footage. Hopefully some good will come of it.
They are taking it seriously.

Yo dawg I heard you liked Radar so we’re bringing it back..

How many more updates before we get transitioned back to “Tesla Radar”?

How very interesting.

Although I guess it's not clear where this new radar is going, on which model, or if only one is fitted.

It isn't necessarily a direct replacement, well as far as the information I see here.

Unless there is more information available somewhere?

I suspect there is a bit more to this than just a new like for like part.

I feel like I'm going to be in purgatory now that I held off from installing 24.x for a few days, so Tesla won't "bless" my car with 28.x for weeks. :(
I don't know if I'm better off on 24.x or not yet, Saturday is when I will get to properly test it out on the motorway. I'll be happy if it doesn't abort the lane change midway through like 20.8 , luckily it was late at night with little traffic.

So going by peoples' experiences I should probably stay on 2022.20.8 despite being offered 2022.24.8 and wait for 2022.28.x?

On a separate note, I've noticed a change in behaviour with unlocking the door.

I've updated my iPhone to iOS 16, previously I was on iOS 15.x. When I was on iOS 15.x I could shut the Tesla App down in the app switcher and prevent it running in the background. Despite it being closed in the background I was still able to walk up to the car and unlock it. No need to open the app and leave it running in the background. Since iOS 16, I've been unable to do this and wondered if something's changed with Apple's iOS to block apps from using Bluetooth when shut down/prevented from running in the background. I'm on App version 4.12.1 and that's been consistent between the iOS upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this with their iPhone and iOS 16?

So going by peoples' experiences I should probably stay on 2022.20.8 despite being offered 2022.24.8 and wait for 2022.28.x?

On a separate note, I've noticed a change in behaviour with unlocking the door.

I've updated my iPhone to iOS 16, previously I was on iOS 15.x. When I was on iOS 15.x I could shut the Tesla App down in the app switcher and prevent it running in the background. Despite it being closed in the background I was still able to walk up to the car and unlock it. No need to open the app and leave it running in the background. Since iOS 16, I've been unable to do this and wondered if something's changed with Apple's iOS to block apps from using Bluetooth when shut down/prevented from running in the background. I'm on App version 4.12.1 and that's been consistent between the iOS upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this with their iPhone and iOS 16?
That is a change to ios16, for security and power.

• Disagree
Reactions: doats1 and Rirawin
That is a change to ios16, for security and power.
Also constantly force closing apps on iOS actually increases battery drain as you are constantly reloading apps from scratch instead of a suspended/paused state. You should only really do it if the app bugs/crashes and needs to be reloaded.

iOS is really very good at resource management of background tasks and is a genuine ‘don’t worry about it’ issue.

TLDR: there is no need to routinely close apps on iOS.

Reactions: Skie