Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for clarification, though I think probably clear to vast majority that “AP is engaged” when both TACC and Autosteer are working.

An “autopilot” that didn’t even make an attempt to steer would be a very, very bad pilot indeed..!!

1662874376423.png

Last edited:
Ok…the high beam business is nuts.

The car has regularly (more often than not) today been turning the headlights on (in broad day light) and then engaging autopilot (ie auto steer) turns on the auto high beam function (contrary to what I said before, this happens in all conditions - not just in the dark).

But, maddest of all, the car has been frequently turning on high beam in broad day light today (like bright sun, middle of the day - the complete opposite of when high beam is needed).

It’s complete sh1t.

The car has regularly (more often than not) today been turning the headlights on (in broad day light)
Mine always does that - nothing to do with recent software updates. Go from direct sunlight to then through a bit of shade (but still very bright) and they come on when no other car on the road has automatically turned theirs on.

Mine always does that - nothing to do with recent software updates. Go from direct sunlight to then through a bit of shade (but still very bright) and they come on when no other car on the road has automatically turned theirs on.
Not what has been happening today. This is driving down a fully exposed French motorway in the middle of the day in full sun, with literally no shadows to speak of. Never experienced this before.

Turning on the dipped lights in broad day light I could just about deal with, but when it now, with the auto-auto high beam means bloody full beam in perfect day time weather, that is just completely ridiculous, not to mention being another area where this shoddy implementation is potentially dangerous - a) because other vehicles may think they are being flashed for some reason; b) it may trigger aggression in other drivers; and c) it’s another thing I have to have manage and interact with when there should be absolutely no need to even be thinking about lights in the middle of the bloody day.

It’s a complete shambles!

Reactions: Overworked and MrT3
First drive tonight with 2022.24.6. 180 mile drive from home to work in the dark. Motorways, dual carriageways and normal national speed limit (A) country roads and 500m of residential streets.

Autopilot - one very very minor phantom brake. As always I sent a bug report. (Press your voice button, say send bug report) easy. Auto lane changes seem ever so slightly more relaxed and less like a computer is doing things - but very minor. Apart from that no real change.

No use of auto wipers as it was dry for the drive.

Auto high beams. If I had to turn off the auto high beam after making a lane change every time I’d have torched the car right there on the hard shoulder - although we don’t have them anymore thanks to the highways agency morons. Luckily I use auto lane change so only had to do it 10ish times on the trip. They were, as always, as much use as indicators on a spaceship with no real change. They have No real pattern to what they do or don’t see or when they may or may not try to burn someone’s retinas out. I did at one point think the matrix lights had been rolled out as nobody flashed at me, but nope, they are just useless. Even on single carriageway roads where you can clearly see a car (front or back) it randomly decides to irradiate the other drivers ability to see anything other than stars. They shall now remain off until they are fixed.

Also couldn’t get in the car tonight with my phone as normal. Had to physically open the app and press unlock. Not had to do that before and may be just a glitch. Was ok after the charge…..

…..but At Grantham supercharger it wouldn’t charge on two separate points tonight. Recognised it was plugged in but said there was no power. Third one worked ok at the opposite end of the stall. Could just be the stalls are down?

Complaints getting a lot more common

View attachment 851495

Tested today, same Auto headlights issue, but also the auto wipers are being reset with autopilot several times.

I turn the wipers off auto mode due to them not working right, then when I leave a lane and AP turns off they are back to full speed. Completely broken feature now, not usable and ridiculous having to fiddle around with this.

Anyone else also notice that you can now only set AP/TACC to 2 cars distance? Another joke, do they even test drive the cars, the gap was usually too big with 1 car space now I have to put up with 2 car spaces!

I will probably stop updating the car if this continues, not seen anything useful for a long time.

Reactions: BillN
More owners equals more complaints, nothing surprising here.

I think auto high beam is just as bad as it's always been and there hasn't been any changes for years now. Obviously luck of the draw means it sometimes works better than others, just because no two drives are exactly the same.

Even Tesla themselves have known this for years. It's clearly proving a huge challenge for them to fix, maybe even too much of a challenge with the hardware available.

I was looking forward to update to see if that would fix the burglar alarm randomly being set off when I opened the door. Tesla support was useless and just told me to wait for the next update.

Now I read that this update adds other issues as it forces me to enable a useless, poor attempt at auto-main beams, that Tesla didn't bother to address in the 2 years I've owned the car.

What's more frustrating is that I've just been renting a cheap Peugeot while on vacation, that had auto main beams and auto wipers, Carplay, great voice recognition... and I was in awe at how well it all worked in a car that’s probably worth half of what I'm paying for mine.

But hey, we've got more games now than a year ago 👏🏻