Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea why they would take away control from users being able to set 1 car distance unless they no longer believe there cars are safe to do this, I presume if the car doesn't have radar it is even less safe, weird!
It's well documented that a vehicle using Vision cannot have the distance set to 1. It is an admission from Tesla that it isn't as good as their radar system at short distances/reaction time.

It isn’t that rock solid. It still brakes for no reason and dips the lights for bend chevrons and road signs.
Generally the drive in daylight is better.
Lets not forget that the forward camera in a Y is higher than a 3. Perhaps it has a better perspective.
There is always a reason for braking and slowdowns. Without radar it must be only due to the vision bugs which are quite limited.

A few days ago my car (down)graded to 24.6 and now when sitting in either of the rooms adjoining the drive I can hear the HV contractors periodically clicking. I just checked the app after it happened & as anticipated, it didn't need to refresh. The car was now awake.

If SOC doesn't drop overnight then fair enough but if it does then this is a very retrograde step.

A few days ago my car (down)graded to 24.6 and now when sitting in either of the rooms adjoining the drive I can hear the HV contractors periodically clicking. I just checked the app after it happened & as anticipated, it didn't need to refresh. The car was now awake.

If SOC doesn't drop overnight then fair enough but if it does then this is a very retrograde step.

Also check the 2022.20 thread, a number of people - myself included - talking about it there as well.

...or the rest of Europe. I am very unhappy with the purchase I made for FSD two years ago. It wasn't fit for purpose then and isn't now. What's more, I can't even consider it an 'investment'. I'm buying a new car and trading in my LR with Tesla. I've received nothing extra in terms of trade-in value for FSD and it isn't carried over to my new M3P. I'm buying my new car to experience and enjoy the hardware...I'm certainly not paying 7500€ extra for 'Recognition and reaction to traffic lights and stop signs' with Automated City Driving 'Coming'. Once bitten...etc.
It is an investment although a risky one. As per Tesla accounting rules all EU/UK fsd money is treated as a liability. Even in the US only 50% of FSD money is considered a revenue.

I now have 2022.24.6 and Sentry Mode has forgotten where I live when I tick exclude home, so now it is back to manual control. Never mind.
I had that a while ago. Car thought I lived at number X when I really lived next door at number Y. Checked Google maps and on there the numbers were randomly distributed along the road. Just set my home address to number X and all was well.

Reactions: CWT3LR
It is an investment although a risky one. As per Tesla accounting rules all EU/UK fsd money is treated as a liability. Even in the US only 50% of FSD money is considered a revenue.
Not sure what happens to the money when the cars are resold to Tesla and then FSD is removed or not resold, a bizarre system where unfortunately for the customer Tesla is the only voice, when it comes down to what happens with the software and any FSD purchases. It would be nice if it was some sort of license or if we had some sort of legal protection for these kind of software purchases, incase we got stuffed over.

Also check the 2022.20 thread, a number of people - myself included - talking about it there as well.
Thanks, yes I had commented on there whilst on 20.8 & prior to this happening but as I'm now on .24 thought it best to post here instead.

By the way, I closed the phone app at 17.30 and haven't heard the contactors click even once since so maybe that's what I now need to do every night if Tesla decide to leave this as it is.

24.8 is rock solid. Take the update and you wont regret it. The issues reported with AHB and auto wipers aren't new but many are seeing for the first time due to radar removal. 24.8 handles the high beam very well by dipping very quickly.
The issue is that it’s coming on and off with autopilot which for those without enhanced autopilot, this happens every lane change for some, wipers also

Reactions: BillN
Ok…the high beam business is nuts.

The car has regularly (more often than not) today been turning the headlights on (in broad day light) and then engaging autopilot (ie auto steer) turns on the auto high beam function (contrary to what I said before, this happens in all conditions - not just in the dark).

But, maddest of all, the car has been frequently turning on high beam in broad day light today (like bright sun, middle of the day - the complete opposite of when high beam is needed).

It’s complete sh1t.

Reactions: MashinBenzin