Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 2024.24.6 I had autopilot features (TACC/autosteer) unavailable on multiple drives, although it was available more often than not. I had one good motorway drive, but another where I had autosteer disengage four times with the big red hands blaring alarm and an "autosteer system error" message.

Since 2024.24.8 autopilot is unavailable on the majority of drives, although I did have one good motorway drive.

Is feeling much like the issue in early 2022 that some cars suffered from, where a radar protocol issue was causing some cars to sporadically have autopilot become unavailable. Although presumably not the same issue, since we're not using radar anymore, right?

I know that at least two people in the owners' club have had autopilot issues since 2022.24, too.

I'm a cheapskate and don't pay for Tesla premium connectivity, nor do I have a Spotify subscription. However prior to 2022.24 I enjoyed listening to Spotify using the free Tesla account using a WiFi hotspot.

After the 2022.24 update I'm logged out of Spotify - just presented with the Spotify login screen - no option for using the Tesla account.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have I missed this as a change (that the 'free' Tesla Spotify account is no more)?
I'm still getting free spotify via wifi and I'm on 28.2. Not on premium connectivity.

With 2024.24.6 I had autopilot features (TACC/autosteer) unavailable on multiple drives, although it was available more often than not. I had one good motorway drive, but another where I had autosteer disengage four times with the big red hands blaring alarm and an "autosteer system error" message.

Since 2024.24.8 autopilot is unavailable on the majority of drives, although I did have one good motorway drive.

Is feeling much like the issue in early 2022 that some cars suffered from, where a radar protocol issue was causing some cars to sporadically have autopilot become unavailable. Although presumably not the same issue, since we're not using radar anymore, right?

I know that at least two people in the owners' club have had autopilot issues since 2022.24, too.
I was on my first drive on 24.6. On AP I got the usual nags but these were interspersed with black wheel with red hands and short message. Never got to read the massage. I nudged the wheel like a normal nag each time and just carried on. it never disengaged and hasnā€™t done it since.

My M3 is really struggling with 2022.24.8
First attempt to download got stuck at 100% and Tesla remotely reset it.
2nd attempt last night seemed to time out.
3rd go tonight and itā€™s 50% after 2hrs
This one seems to take a long time for some folk: