Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes can be seen on various websites:

or

View attachment 852348

This shows available in the uk but it isn't listed on my car which got 2022.28.1 last night and I don't understand if this is an issue or not and i am missing it. Can you check your car and see? I can't find any other uk owners with the update to ask
Do you have premium connectivity as that's mentioned? Either way, the other website linked mentions it will initially be limited to a small number of countries, which is how a lot of these releases seem to start rolling out.

I do have premium connectivity and I can see the traffic along route like the last update but this says it's unavailable

View attachment 852352

and this one says it is available

View attachment 852353
Apparently it's in the us only so I guess the site is just wrong . Hopes crushed and yet again we don't get a feature which should be available. It's so annoying as the routes that the car gives me sometimes can be so broken and I have to set a waypoint just to change routes

I think I replied to myself instead of you. I'm still new to this forum sorry
No problem - release notes are all over the place in general. I’ve had a look and one says ‘U.K.’ one says ‘not U.K.’ and the other says ‘limited countries as usual when new features are added”.

On Facebook someone plastered all the release notes and one of the first to install only seemed to get theatre mode. Just shows you can’t rely on any of them as being 100% accurate

No problem - release notes are all over the place in general. I’ve had a look and one says ‘U.K.’ one says ‘not U.K.’ and the other says ‘limited countries as usual when new features are added”.

On Facebook someone plastered all the release notes and one of the first to install only seemed to get theatre mode. Just shows you can’t rely on any of them as being 100% accurate
The second link says official release notes, but the image for alternate route is also wrong, so I guess they're just wrong and I'm just confused as it says they're available in the uk and what has made them say it's available? but there is another site with in a different thread with the correct photo and says it's unavailable so i'm not sure where they've got the correct information from

Another thing is the games aren't available worldwide but it says it is so I'm not sure where they're getting the information from and calling it official

923A990D-C02C-4F7B-85C2-08E8FC13BADD.jpeg

46E7CDBC-2A4F-4A76-8D91-6B19C4A5049A.jpeg

They get the release notes by rooting cars and trying to reverse engineer a release notes file. They then transcribe those notes to webpages. I’ve long been suspicious of the accuracy as a, mistakes can happen when they do this, and secondly I think some of the contents are for test cars only, so they appear in the notes file but won’t in any public car.

There’s also a lot of dependency on car spec, the games for instance have been mentioned many times before, on the first link you can easily search release notes going back years and you’ll see how many times something like Sonic has been mentioned. I got the feeling that some games require a games controller and only appear when one is plugged in, when the data USB ports all but disappeared that meant few would ever see the games. I’m not sure if these release notes signal a change or just a reminder to plug into the glovebox. A Bluetooth controller has also been discussed before.

Personally, I’d take the various release note websites as no more than a suggestion as until you actually see what your car gets, you’ve no accurate way of being sure.

Looks like we've got a full house, although the alternative routes text only appears if you go into the release notes page.

I'd also be tempted to say the performance of the browser has improved.

Attachments

• 20220914_082218.jpg
    20220914_082218.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220914_082537.jpg
    20220914_082537.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220914_082144.jpg
    20220914_082144.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 64
They get the release notes by rooting cars and trying to reverse engineer a release notes file. They then transcribe those notes to webpages. I’ve long been suspicious of the accuracy as a, mistakes can happen when they do this, and secondly I think some of the contents are for test cars only, so they appear in the notes file but won’t in any public car.

There’s also a lot of dependency on car spec, the games for instance have been mentioned many times before, on the first link you can easily search release notes going back years and you’ll see how many times something like Sonic has been mentioned. I got the feeling that some games require a games controller and only appear when one is plugged in, when the data USB ports all but disappeared that meant few would ever see the games. I’m not sure if these release notes signal a change or just a reminder to plug into the glovebox. A Bluetooth controller has also been discussed before.

Personally, I’d take the various release note websites as no more than a suggestion as until you actually see what your car gets, you’ve no accurate way of being sure.
Makes sense but my notes contradict what @JIBYC posted above

New features are certainly coming through frequently at the moment, must be about reaching the point that they ease off to have a big 'Holiday Update' for Christmas. Bluetooth controllers are certainly long overdue, I know the locked in Apple folks want their music service, Paramount in Theatre maybe. What other trivial new features will we get? Add a little driving dance to the lightshow?

Reactions: M1tch
Reboot the car after each update.

I only got the "Traffic Information" update to appear on the release notes after a reboot.

Tesla stick some updates in older versions that don't appear unless you look at the full release notes (e.g. Tesla Vision in 2022.20 when you install 2022.24.6 onwards)

Reactions: KennethS