Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have premium connectivity?
Which is the annoying thing as Tesla Updates release notes is correct for me, but notateslaapp release notes aren't. But for you, it's the other way around. I have my car linked to Tesla Updates so have always used them for release notes as they email me them so thought that was correct but now I'm seeing that you do have alternate routes so I'm wondering why I don't and why yours shows the language change when we have the same model.

I am also on Tesla Owners UK and people posting that they don't have it either, doesn't make sense? Will have to wait and see

actually Tesla updates have said
This feature is listed for every region but is being enabled by a server-side switch (like the Regenerative Braking feature) — Availability information may be inaccurate due to this.

Does that mean that tesla is "turning it on" for different car models or something? I have the new computer with an AMD.

I can't conceive of why older cars, or any subset of cars, would be the only ones that could "do" alternative routing. I'm not sure if we've seen the regenerative braking update on any car in the UK, but I might be mistaken.

Tesla moves in mysterious ways and we only seem to get the scraps from the table in terms of updates at the best of times.

@natuk Have you checked the release notes via Controls > Software > Release notes (where you see the historical updates too) or just via what was presented automatically on the MCU after you completed the update?

As an aside, the game inclusions are being added for anyone that did not have those games previously due to their USB ports being *power only. You can now connect a USB game controller to the USB port in the glovebox.

Last edited:
Which is the annoying thing as Tesla Updates release notes is correct for me, but notateslaapp release notes aren't. But for you, it's the other way around. I have my car linked to Tesla Updates so have always used them for release notes as they email me them so thought that was correct but now I'm seeing that you do have alternate routes so I'm wondering why I don't and why yours shows the language change when we have the same model.

I am also on Tesla Owners UK and people posting that they don't have it either, doesn't make sense? Will have to wait and see

actually Tesla updates have said
This feature is listed for every region but is being enabled by a server-side switch (like the Regenerative Braking feature) — Availability information may be inaccurate due to this.

Does that mean that tesla is "turning it on" for different car models or something? I have the new computer with an AMD.
It means they don’t know

Quoting twitter sources on the one hand then stating the data comes directly from the release notes to me means they’re second guessing.

I’ve had Teslas for nearly 7 years and it’s worse now than ever, I was running 2022.20 for a while, still had radar, then I got 2022.24 and my release notes told me radar went in 2022.20 - which it didn’t.

It means they don’t know

Quoting twitter sources on the one hand then stating the data comes directly from the release notes to me means they’re second guessing.

I’ve had Teslas for nearly 7 years and it’s worse now than ever, I was running 2022.20 for a while, still had radar, then I got 2022.24 and my release notes told me radar went in 2022.20 - which it didn’t.
Everything seems so splintered? from my understanding there are 3 MCU versions, 3 autopilot hardware versions and a mix of newer and older software for each

Tesla updates said that 2022.20.9 was being tested in us for tesla vision and that 2022.24.5 and 2022.20.9 was merged to make 2022.24.6 and tesla left the vision release notes under 2022.20. Why would they do that, to try and hide it from people because its worse? I didn't even know I had tesla vision until I went into the release notes. What is weird as well is that I have a 2022 from the start of the year which DOES have radar but newer 2022s don't have radar? Every Tesla feels different than the other!

@natuk Have you checked the release notes via Controls > Software > Release notes (where you see the historical updates too) or just via what was presented automatically on the MCU after you completed the update?

As an aside, the game inclusions are being added for anyone that did not have those games previously due to their USB ports being data only. You can now connect a USB game controller to the USB port in the glovebox.
Yes and thank you for the game stuff, I think tesla said that my only data port was the sentry USB one and they aren't retrofitting

There's been talk of months of Tesla bringing in Bluetooth controller support, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's a bit ridiculous in my opinion that they keep adding games and stuff yet the only single port you can actually play them on is one that is dedicated for your sentry, tucked away in the glovebox.

Reactions: Adopado
There's been talk of months of Tesla bringing in Bluetooth controller support, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's a bit ridiculous in my opinion that they keep adding games and stuff yet the only single port you can actually play them on is one that is dedicated for your sentry, tucked away in the glovebox.
I heard they're adding an app store and that a zoom app was found on a test vehicle. Apparently they're adding Steam for gaming as well which I will never use or need

New features are certainly coming through frequently at the moment, must be about reaching the point that they ease off to have a big 'Holiday Update' for Christmas. Bluetooth controllers are certainly long overdue, I know the locked in Apple folks want their music service, Paramount in Theatre maybe. What other trivial new features will we get? Add a little driving dance to the lightshow?
I would love the ability to invert steering wheels buttons.
I find it more natural to control volume with my right thumb, so it messes with tacc speed instead. Probably a RHD/LHD habit thing...

If you have an update ready to install I don't imagine another one will overwrite it, but at the same time installing this update won't mean you're stuck on it for any longer than the mothership wants you to be. I've had updates that have come through one after the other in the space of about just over 24 hours, according to TeslaMate.

@GeorgeSymonds @JIBYC It appears that alternate routes isn't enabled yet which is why its not showing in the popup in the car. People in the uk owners group on facebook can't get the feature to work and Tesla Updates tweeted this just now

I've tried it and it works.

Not sure what they're going off, perhaps it being absent from the popup?

Clearly softwares update news drives a lot of traffic because no one seems to want to wait for verification or evidence.

I've tried it and it works.

Not sure what they're going off, perhaps it being absent from the popup?

Clearly softwares update news drives a lot of traffic because no one seems to want to wait for verification or evidence.
Is it obvious how the routes are categorised? e.g. shortest, fastest, or like the new Google option, most economical?

Is it obvious how the routes are categorised? e.g. shortest, fastest, or like the new Google option, most economical?
Primary route in dark blue with colored bands for predicted traffic, as per 2022.24.X.

Alternatives in light blue with a popout box stating the travel time.

They seem to be available whenever you're in the route overview view which is nice

• Informative
Reactions: browellm