Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received 28.1 today, (that’s 3 updates in a week!!) in the initial release notes that pop up after an update mine also didn’t mention alternative routes. Rather than rebooting I just closed the window (swiped down) went to software ->release notes and the alternative routes magically showed in the release notes. No need to reboot
Seems hit and miss, mine appeared this morning in the release notes. Interestingly I used the car a few times yesterday after updating to 2022.28.1 and no dice, but when I got in it this morning the release notes were displayed again like it does after an install and this time it listed it.

All the release note websites seem to have a different take on it, this one on tesla-info seems to be the nearest. I guess none of them now for sure.

Untitled.png

They should know by now! Thousands have this version already.
I don't think any of them know the rules for sure, otherwise they wouldn't make so many mistakes. The start of this thread read like a pantomine, "oh no there isn't, oh yes there is... oh no there isn't..." :) Amongst all that I've read it's Tesla only letting some owners have it while they test it, and I don't think 1 day counts as a worthwhile test, I've read it's categorically not available in the UK, you get the picture. And after all that, it could just be a data sync issue with cars and nothing really going on other than timing. Piecing user stories together to try and create a pattern

The whole business of release notes seems to be massively repetitive, and then you don't get half of them in your own car.

Haven’t yet found a way to add the charging stops back in to a route once it has been selected. Anyone worked around that yet?

Unless you cancel and reroute to the original route, I don’t see how you could make much use of the alternatives, if charging were needed, without manually adding a stop.

Seems unwieldy to say the least.

Haven’t yet found a way to add the charging stops back in to a route once it has been selected. Anyone worked around that yet?

Unless you cancel and reroute to the original route, I don’t see how you could make much use of the alternatives, if charging were needed, without manually adding a stop.

Seems unwieldy to say the least.
You can do it. Pull the step by step navigation - now the alternate routes stays on the map ( doesn’t disappear).

Now choose the route you want. Then add stop when you bring that the guide also shows charging with other tabs. Choose charging and now that populates charging along the map and you can choose the charger you want closer to your route. I guess this is not ideal but just intuitive like what we do on physical maps.
1B55EE88-2AFB-483A-8B14-AD389BAEF616.jpeg
1DB3CC74-80DC-4D5F-9D02-EB8CB250BB45.jpeg
48D4892E-90BD-4915-BCF1-1D11B1AD08C6.jpeg

You can do it. Pull the step by step navigation - now the alternate routes stays on the map ( doesn’t disappear).

Now choose the route you want. Then add stop when you bring that the guide also shows charging with other tabs. Choose charging and now that populates charging along the map and you can choose the charger you want closer to your route. I guess this is not ideal but just intuitive like what we do on physical maps.
View attachment 853557View attachment 853558View attachment 853559
That's given me some homework to go out try.

Has anyone seen an updated user manual? It still seems to be stuck on 2022.24.5 where I am.

Quoting myself, but I didn’t see the Alternate Routes part of the update until I rebooted.

Don’t know if it would’ve worked without rebooting, because I do that after every major update anyway (e.g. 2022.x to 2022.y), but just FYI

So I deliberately tried the opposite earlier today...

It wasn't in the release notes just after the install and wasn't working when I tested with a route...

So I just waited and I deliberately did not reboot... About 10 minutes later, even without the car sleeping, it suddenly appeared when I set a route. And at the same time, it appeared in the release notes.

I suspect there is also an associated mother ship switch that is run every x minutes, probably related to it's dependency upon premium connectivity. So depending how close you are to the next run, it might be instant or it might be a wait.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Tried it but it's not easy to see if you will make it to the charger you've chosen. It will schedule a another charger stop in on top of that but it feels a little bit half-baked at the moment. I'm sure they'll improve on it.
There's now a video guide that might make it clearer, it seems only the red chargers are within range.

So I deliberately tried the opposite earlier today...

It wasn't in the release notes just after the install and wasn't working when I tested with a route...

So I just waited and I deliberately did not reboot... About 10 minutes later, even without the car sleeping, it suddenly appeared when I set a route. And at the same time, it appeared in the release notes.

I suspect there is also an associated mother ship switch that is run every x minutes, probably related to it's dependency upon premium connectivity. So depending how close you are to the next run, it might be instant or it might be a wait.
Very interesting. Thanks for doing some testing ☺️