Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good summary. For all its quirks I still believe Tesla has the most intuitive UI of any car I've owned/driven. Having said that it's been 4 years since I drove anything else, so maybe things have improved elsewhere?
I think it depends on whether you want to drive the car, or be driven around by it. In terms of simplicity of operation, the so-called Autopilot is hard to beat. But when you have to drive around town, pootle to the shops etc there are loads better.

I think it depends on whether you want to drive the car, or be driven around by it. In terms of simplicity of operation, the so-called Autopilot is hard to beat. But when you have to drive around town, pootle to the shops etc there are loads better.
Personally, I find the autopilot difficult. It’s just not responsive enough for me, and sometimes fails to move into the next lane altogether if it feels a car is too close (even though in reality it isn’t). I can only imagine the frustration for other road users when I’m indicating away and not moving into the lane! It makes the driving experience worse unless the motorway traffic is very light. Therefore, I rarely use it. Three grand wasted.

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR
2 years ago we were promised movable tiles in the "holiday update" (thanksgiving), we're still waiting
I know this is drifting off topic a bit, but I still want to make the map bigger (full screen) - it's a lovely screen, I'd like to use it!

I know people say the driving visualisation is for FSD, but if the car is driving itself, I don't need to see it. If I'm driving myself, I also don't need to see it (I can see outside).

Just a minimise/resize button will do, y'know, to give the driver a choice of their own :eek:...

Pssst... Don't tell Elon I want to drive my own car, I may stop getting updates

I know this is drifting off topic a bit, but I still want to make the map bigger (full screen) - it's a lovely screen, I'd like to use it!

I know people say the driving visualisation is for FSD, but if the car is driving itself, I don't need to see it. If I'm driving myself, I also don't need to see it (I can see outside).

Just a minimise/resize button will do, y'know, to give the driver a choice of their own :eek:...

Pssst... Don't tell Elon I want to drive my own car, I may stop getting updates
100% agree. I’m not interested in what the car can see. I’d rather see more useful things like a bigger map, bigger speed display, better location of warning icons etc.

Anyone else noticed less dry wipes on auto from this update? I'm only 3 days into it but certainly seems less at the moment

Just been on a motorway run using autopilot most of the time and on 36.2 the wipers are much more settled than they where on 28.2 for me not one dry wipe. Sadly auto highbeam is still more like a strobe light it's on and off so much despite cars going in the other direction.

I've had the update downloaded but not installed for a while now as I didn't want the issues people were experiencing. The update has vanished from the app and incar display now after a couple of weeks of prompting.

Looks like I'm staying with 2022.20.7

With 36.2 the car will wake up every 3h for 1 h.
Anyone else?
Looks normal according to Teslamatefor me on 36.2
Screenshot_20221017_105558.jpg

Looking at TeslaFi, I'm assuming that .36.2 rollout has been halted and .36.4 will overtake it. Seemed to peak at 35% of fleet with not many M3 UK models
That might be the case or a higher version may appear.
I got both 36.1 and 36.2. No material difference I could detect.
36.2 had just under 2000 downloads waiting and suddenly dropped to about 300. It must have got pulled for a bug. No idea what, I haven’t found it yet…