Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday driving on a stretch of dual carriageway that I have travelled a hundred times on autosteer and NOA (more recently) without any issue the car decided at one point to swerve violently towards another car was waiting in the median crossing to cross the carriageway. the car was sounding lots of alarms. I had my hands on the wheel and able to correct the swerve and assume control. It has taken the odd deviation on lanes and needed correction before but this time it scared the ***t out of me.

I think the car drives more to the left of the lane now but it used to sit very firmly in the centre of the lane.

With the new behaviour of AHB when AP or NOA engaged even though it is into the eyes of oncoming traffic being another flaw, I can guess why there has probably been a stay on issuing more of this 36.2 release because I am sure there may be other things that are more serious flaws somewhere else.

If only there was some public way of letting Tesla know that there were flaws!

I had 36.5 "waiting for wifi" around midnight though I didn't find out about it until lunchtime today (after checking TeslaFi).
I had to get into the car, check the screen - orange down arrow showing, and do a two-button reset before the download arrow changed to green. It's taking a looong time to download this one.
Another check on the just now App had "waiting for WiFi" again.
Just done another two-button reset and its trying to download again.
Messy update this time.
This is something like the third recent update where I've had "waiting for wifi" stalling the download part. :(

@AnthonyLR @Durzel No nothing for me but I was first in the queue for 36.1 😁
Interestingly somebody did post that the car can’t now be forced to look for updates more than once in 24 hours.
When I tried just now, it showed up to date as at yesterday at 2.17pm and wouldn’t budge.
Nope. No 36.5 for me today. Computer says no. If 36.5 gets a gold star, it will be nagging to install on my Saturday paper round like it often happens.

I had 36.5 "waiting for wifi" around midnight though I didn't find out about it until lunchtime today (after checking TeslaFi).
I had to get into the car, check the screen - orange down arrow showing, and do a two-button reset before the download arrow changed to green. It's taking a looong time to download this one.
Another check on the just now App had "waiting for WiFi" again.
Just done another two-button reset and its trying to download again.
Messy update this time.
This is something like the third recent update where I've had "waiting for wifi" stalling the download part. :(

Funnily enough for me the 36.5 install (already downloaded overnight) was far quicker than the normal 45minutes to an hour. Not surprising really as there is no obvious change over 36.2.

As some of you may know, I’ve always had no real issue with my auto wipers, they’ve always worked as expected.
Last night I did a four mile journey starting in minor drizzle and culminating in a real downpour.

Once I hit the downpour they were useless, giving me intermittent, or slow wiping. Couldn’t see a bloody thing!

However, at the same time, my wife was out in her Outlander and she had exactly the same issue and that’s odd, because she has almost never needed to touch her wiper settings in five years. They just work. Wrong sort of rain on the windscreen?

Nope. No 36.5 for me today. Computer says no. If 36.5 gets a gold star, it will be nagging to install on my Saturday paper round like it often happens.
Still no 36.5 but the ability to force a look for new software has gone. When I looked this morning, the “your software is up to date” line was greyed out and the date and time was yesterday. Don’t call us, we’ll call you 😂

I see this version combined with the new version of the app says there is a new control of opening the doors in case of frozen handles. Anyone seen this on the app yet? I've android can someone with apple check?

I see this version combined with the new version of the app says there is a new control of opening the doors in case of frozen handles. Anyone seen this on the app yet? I've android can someone with apple check?
I have just updated the app and although the release notes on Google Play state the ability to unlatch the doors I cannot see how this is operated on the app on my Android (I have 2022 MY on 36.2)

However I noticed that the controls screen now gives the ability to show tyre pressures via the icon in top right hand corner, is this new too or have I been missing this all long?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-163951_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-163951_Tesla.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 79
I have just updated the app and although the release notes on Google Play state the ability to unlatch the doors I cannot see how this is operated on the app on my Android (I have 2022 MY on 36.2)

However I noticed that the controls screen now gives the ability to show tyre pressures via the icon in top right hand corner, is this new too or have I been missing this all long?
It's there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-165618_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-165618_Tesla.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Irata