Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As some of you may know, I’ve always had no real issue with my auto wipers, they’ve always worked as expected.
Last night I did a four mile journey starting in minor drizzle and culminating in a real downpour.

Once I hit the downpour they were useless, giving me intermittent, or slow wiping. Couldn’t see a bloody thing!

However, at the same time, my wife was out in her Outlander and she had exactly the same issue and that’s odd, because she has almost never needed to touch her wiper settings in five years. They just work. Wrong sort of rain on the windscreen?
I find the auto wipers fine when it’s raining. My issue is they sometimes come on when it isn’t raining

My Apr 2020 LR got 36.5 on Friday & nothing seemed different when driving compared to the prior two updates. No issues that I can detect.

However I haven't yet tried Autopilot with auto main beam headlights. On 36.1 & 36.2 they were embarrassing and downright dangerous.

My Apr 2020 LR got 36.5 on Friday & nothing seemed different when driving compared to the prior two updates. No issues that I can detect.

However I haven't yet tried Autopilot with auto main beam headlights. On 36.1 & 36.2 they were embarrassing and downright dangerous.
I've stuck with 2022.20.8 exactly because of that Drew. I've had 36.1 and .2 and now.5 offered. I'm going to wait for some more positive comments on AHB before commuting to an update as I do a fair bit of motorway driving overnight.

Reactions: CWT3LR
I've stuck with 2022.20.8 exactly because of that Drew. I've had 36.1 and .2 and now.5 offered. I'm going to wait for some more positive comments on AHB before commuting to an update as I do a fair bit of motorway driving overnight.
There haven’t been any positive comments about AHB since I got my car more than three years ago so don’t hold your breath. It’s complete crap.

I'm on 36.5 after a very protracted download - it took 12 hours over an admittedly dodgy wifi and broadband (Sky playing up!) and needing several 2-button resets to resolve the "download waiting for wifi" messages I got on the App and TeslaFi.
First dark wet driving for a while tonight some rain but mostly spray. Autopilot mostly worked fine but of a couple of occasions autosteer unexpectedly dropped out - I drive with a continuous light finger pressure on the steering wheel and get no "wiggle the wheel" nags at all but I may have accidentally pressed just a little bit too hard that released autosteer?
I did find it more reluctant to change lanes - lanes were clear but it took ages and timed out a few times.
Not had any problems with auto high beam - it stayed on dip beam albeit on a quite busy M3.
I used it earlier this afternoon on the A40 (Western Avenue) leaving London and TACC seemed very sluggish to move in stop-start traffic jams after a long stop - I had to give the accelerator a quick nudge to get it to start moving.

No sleep issues with 36.5 we're currently away and the car has slept the full 24 hours 😂

Attachments

• 4615A724-9ABA-4FA5-B24F-9E0442EBDD02.png
    4615A724-9ABA-4FA5-B24F-9E0442EBDD02.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 65
No disengagement - on local roads I get alerts for cars parked on the opposite side as I'm going round a corner
On the motorway, just a new phantom braking scenario to the list
Are we meant to be using AP on “local roads” with cars parked alongside? I know many people do, but the warning makes it very clear it’s designed for use on dual carriageways.