Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then why do they advertise stopping for traffic lights?
Because you get traffic lights on divided roads with a central reservation, which falls within the valid driving domain.
If you want to be AP on other road types you need the FSD 'City Streets' beta which is "designed" for 'city streets' which was/is due to be available 'later this year' as of 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and probably beyond.

I am finding it is recognising things that aren't there much more often.

Parked next to a single floor office building, the car thought I was next to a large bus.

Yesterday, it recognised a roundabout road sign as a national speed limit sign. It was, after all, a black circle on a white background albeit with four exits, but still this was a rather bad mistake.

My high beams came on under some light foliage cover at about 07:45 this morning - just lol.

Why on Earth at the bare minimum is there not logic not to use high beams between sunrise and sunset? There's absolutely no need for them.

Is it bonging or just showing the red/yellow crescents on screen?

I think the visualisations have been a bit over sensitive/cautious for some time, but have only got the bongs when stopping behind a car that has just started to move off.
Alarm and red car
This is with a route planned so the car knows I'm going to follow the bend in the road and not plough into the car on the opposite side
This is a new behaviour not present in .2, but there in .5

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Alarm and red car
This is with a route planned so the car knows I'm going to follow the bend in the road and not plough into the car on the opposite side
This is a new behaviour not present in .2, but there in .5
I’m on 28.2 still and see that behaviour. People waiting to pull out from an estate right on a dog leg and the car has a panic attack because I’m driving at them for a second or two. It doesn’t take into account the road layout, just that it thinks a collision is imminent.

Reactions: goRt and Adopado
I’m on 28.2 still and see that behaviour. People waiting to pull out from an estate right on a dog leg and the car has a panic attack because I’m driving at them for a second or two. It doesn’t take into account the road layout, just that it thinks a collision is imminent.
Had similar to this a few days ago but with a pedestrian on the pavement as I approached a sharpish bend. The car obviously thought the pedestrian was in the road - lots of beeping etc and I think, although not 100% sure, a slight automatic braking. Quite a shock! This was just "normal" driving - I avoid AP etc other than if I'm on a quiet dual carriageway; it's just way too jittery and unreliable.

Reactions: goRt
Had similar to this a few days ago but with a pedestrian on the pavement as I approached a sharpish bend. The car obviously thought the pedestrian was in the road - lots of beeping etc and I think, although not 100% sure, a slight automatic braking. Quite a shock! This was just "normal" driving - I avoid AP etc other than if I'm on a quiet dual carriageway; it's just way too jittery and unreliable.
Sounds about right. I’ve also had more lane departure auto steering happen with the last couple of versions than in the previous year and a half of ownership.