Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked for an update this afternoon and got 36.5 notification. Downloaded to 50% and then it stalled! After about an hour it was still stuck at 50%. Tried a 2 button reset but still stuck. After another hour I drove the car up the road to get the car off WIFI and on to mobile and returned home. Once home it reconnected to WIFI and started downloading to 100%. Maybe turning the WIFI on/off would have done the same thing.
Currently installing at 60% complete...
I had exactly the same issue but left it, took 2.5/3 hours to download!

Probably A/B testing. Speculation is that they do this often - giving some cars one version and other cars another so they can monitor how the two versions compare in real life use.
This would be plausible if Tesla actually did any testing in their software, which judging by the number of bugs in it and the un-friendliness of it, I suspect they don’t actually do

FWIW I’ve been studying the AHB behaviour since doing a bit of later driving, many of the key flaws are predictable and as such, should be easily fixed if Tesla bothered to work on it. For normal 2 lane bi-directional roads, it copes pretty well, as good as the competition I’ve experienced. However I see 3 key issues. First, it fails miserably on dual carriageways/motorways, it doesn’t regularly react to oncoming traffic when it’s not in the next lane. Second, it’s irrational when in well lit area, towns and roads where there’s quality street lights and good visibility. It’s on and off like a flashing beacon, blinding pedestrians and other traffic. Most normal systems dissable with good street lighting. Finally I suspect it’s vector based, so it doesn’t dip the beam unless the car is pointing at the oncoming vehicle (+/- a few degrees), if your steering angle is slightly off, it won’t dip. The second point should be really easy to fix, massively reducing frustration. Likewise for point 3.

Last edited:
FWIW I’ve been studying the AHB behaviour since doing a bit of later driving, many of the key flaws are predictable and as such, should be easily fixed if Tesla bothered to work on it. For normal 2 lane bi-directional roads, it copes pretty well, as good as the competition I’ve experienced. However I see 3 key issues. First, it fails miserably on dual carriageways/motorways, it doesn’t regularly react to oncoming traffic when it’s not in the next lane. Second, it’s irrational when in well lit area, towns and roads where there’s quality street lights and good visibility. It’s on and off like a flashing beacon, blinding pedestrians and other traffic. Most normal systems dissable with good street lighting. Finally I suspect it’s vector based, so it doesn’t dip the beam unless the car is pointing at the oncoming vehicle (+/- a few degrees), if your steering angle is slightly off, it won’t dip. The second point should be really easy to fix, massively reducing frustration. Likewise for point 3.
There are 3 different forward facing cameras, each with a different field of view. I wonder if it’s only using the narrow field one which is designed for seeing further away, hence anything outside that field of view just isn’t seen by the AHB system?

Reactions: MB11
There are 3 different forward facing cameras, each with a different field of view. I wonder if it’s only using the narrow field one which is designed for seeing further away, hence anything outside that field of view just isn’t seen by the AHB system?
I suspect you may be right, I didn’t know the mid camera had a slightly different function, if it has physical limitations it could be the reason why they haven’t fixed it.

There was a hunch (I think via Facebook, you read so much in various places things can end up going full circle), that keeping your app open prevents the car from sleeping and the 50% pause is reduced. I imagine anything to keep the car awake might do the same if Tesla are now more aggressively sending the cars to sleep. Worth a try if you're having the issue.

As for 2022.36.6, is it my imagination or does the image of the car on the screen now turn as you turn? Maybe it just turns more than it did, but I'm now seeing the side of the car quite clearly when turning, and I'd have thought I would have noticed that before. Or should I have gone to specsavers?