Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a hunch (I think via Facebook, you read so much in various places things can end up going full circle), that keeping your app open prevents the car from sleeping and the 50% pause is reduced. I imagine anything to keep the car awake might do the same if Tesla are now more aggressively sending the cars to sleep. Worth a try if you're having the issue.

As for 2022.36.6, is it my imagination or does the image of the car on the screen now turn as you turn? Maybe it just turns more than it did, but I'm now seeing the side of the car quite clearly when turning, and I'd have thought I would have noticed that before. Or should I have gone to specsavers?
Damn. Now I’ll have to look at the screen instead of the road 😂

As for 2022.36.6, is it my imagination or does the image of the car on the screen now turn as you turn? Maybe it just turns more than it did, but I'm now seeing the side of the car quite clearly when turning, and I'd have thought I would have noticed that before. Or should I have gone to specsavers?

It certainly seems different, the car zooms in and out more, sometimes it’s quite small, with more of the road ahead and more cars displayed than I remember. But it’s not consistent, or at least I can’t work out what determines it zoom level.

It might have done it before, but I didn’t notice it.

Wipers seem to have changed, the random frantic wiping has been replaced with a sulking teenager which refuses to wipe even when the screen is quite bad. Better that way, throwing in the odd manual wipe is preferable to having to turn the thing off.

The rollout button doesn't really do anything.. I'm sure it was originally intended to have stable/beta branches as other software companies do, but Tesla have been sending out a single version (with occasional forays into A/B testing) for as long as I can remember.

1/5 of the fleet are still on 28.2.. it could be a hardware compatibility thing or just the RNG hasn't reached them yet.

The rollout button doesn't really do anything.. I'm sure it was originally intended to have stable/beta branches as other software companies do, but Tesla have been sending out a single version (with occasional forays into A/B testing) for as long as I can remember.

1/5 of the fleet are still on 28.2.. it could be a hardware compatibility thing or just the RNG hasn't reached them yet.
28.2 is the US FSD City Streets release which I presume is why so many are on it. There are a couple of older releases which are popular, maybe they’re older MS and MX cars? 40 is nowhere to be seen in the numbers there are so few. I’d have thought all M3 and MY should be on or be downloading a 36 release in the UK by now

2789AC64-8F9F-40E0-B434-C0B54178F0DF.jpeg

28.2 is the US FSD City Streets release which I presume is why so many are on it.

2022.20.18 is the (as is currently public) latest FSD 10.69.2.3

FSD is currently attached to 2022.20.18 and Tesla does not downgrade vehicles' software, so if you had a higher version of that when FSD was released you would have been immediately disqualified for that release and beta group.
I know for me, i was already at .24 (and am now .28)when 10.69 came out so i was out of luck and many others are in the same boat without them realizing it.

If you are always ahead of the FSD software version you will never get into the beta.

We don't know if the next FSD 10.69.X will be on 2022.24 or .28 (its almost definitely not 2022.36 because it seems like they are releasing a new bugfix patch every day) but people will need to once again be lower than that version to get it.

It certainly seems different, the car zooms in and out more, sometimes it’s quite small, with more of the road ahead and more cars displayed than I remember. But it’s not consistent, or at least I can’t work out what determines it zoom level.

It might have done it before, but I didn’t notice it.
I'm still on 2022.20.12.1 and the on-screen car turns when the (real) car turns. Hard to see as I'm usually looking out the windows, but I'd guess it moves around 30 degrees on the screen when turning into a junction. Whether this is the same as you are seeing or less, I'm not sure.
Same for the zooming in and out - can't tell if it's doing it more with the latest update, but is certainly does zoom with the older software.
My theory is that it zooms in when other cars are near and stays like that for a bit. More testing needed, but hard to do when driving.

Edit: I should have said, I hadn't noticed the zooming until I saw this thread, so may be a perception issue as you mentioned George.