Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wipers seem to have changed, the random frantic wiping has been replaced with a sulking teenager which refuses to wipe even when the screen is quite bad. Better that way, throwing in the odd manual wipe is preferable to having to turn the thing off.
Not sure about that… got 36.5 yesterday and 36.6 today and did 200 miles with the family in foul weather when the wipers not working is a real problem when passing lorries throwing spray… yes you can keep pressing and yes sometimes you can select manual (though mine threw a 15m hissy fit when it wouldn’t respond to manual wiper touchscreen presses at all)

My wife declared halfway through the trip up “this just isn’t safe”. She’s right, I think.

Also the new trip estimate screen may be a data enthusiasts wet dream but the fonts are unreadably small and the usefulness of the old graph for a quick look at “will I make it home?” has completely gone.

Oh, and taking into account my 80 mile work trip so a 300 odd mile day, I spent an hour at Superchargers (including a memorable moment at Hopwood Park when I came back to find a dickhead had actually moved his Model 3 next to mine from a further empty bay WHEN ALL THE OTHER BAYS WERE EMPTY 😬so I was only getting 60kw) and an abortive 15m at an empty 8 stall 150kw MFG that never gave me more than 65kw….

Last leg 53% was 108 miles at 368wh/m. Never went over 82, 10 degrees c, rain had stopped.

We are going to laugh at ourselves for buying too early in ten years.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Checked for an update this afternoon and got 36.5 notification. Downloaded to 50% and then it stalled! After about an hour it was still stuck at 50%. Tried a 2 button reset but still stuck. After another hour I drove the car up the road to get the car off WIFI and on to mobile and returned home. Once home it reconnected to WIFI and started downloading to 100%. Maybe turning the WIFI on/off would have done the same thing.
Currently installing at 60% complete...
I got 36.6 this afternoon! It download the first 50% in a few minutes and then stalled.

After ~15 minutes of being stalled I turned the WIFI OFF and ON and then it continued the download the software!

It installed the software within the following 30 minutes...

Reactions: thax1
I have only had 36.5 (and 36.6 as of yesterday) for a couple of days, and I'm trying to get my head round the new energy app (which I actually like a lot). However, maybe those of you that have had this feature longer can explain...

Today I completed my usual drive to work (about 20 miles of mixed roads) with the climate set as usual to 20.5°C - when I arrived at work I looked at the energy app, and there are two 'Range Tips':
  1. Set cabin temperature to 22°C to save 0.1% for the rest of the drive
  2. Decreasing the cabin set temperature by 1°C would have saved 0.1%
These would appear a little contradictory - so I'm confused whether I should be running at 22°C or 19.5°C to do what is suggested...

:confused:

I have only had 36.5 (and 36.6 as of yesterday) for a couple of days, and I'm trying to get my head round the new energy app (which I actually like a lot). However, maybe those of you that have had this feature longer can explain...

Today I completed my usual drive to work (about 20 miles of mixed roads) with the climate set as usual to 20.5°C - when I arrived at work I looked at the energy app, and there are two 'Range Tips':
  1. Set cabin temperature to 22°C to save 0.1% for the rest of the drive
  2. Decreasing the cabin set temperature by 1°C would have saved 0.1%
These would appear a little contradictory - so I'm confused whether I should be running at 22°C or 19.5°C to do what is suggested...

:confused:
Sorry if I drift off topic but in colder weather I thought disabling A/C and putting the temp to 22° is more efficient? The only issue in doing so is that you lose the auto setting for blowing speed... Any thoughts?

Sorry if I drift off topic but in colder weather I thought disabling A/C and putting the temp to 22° is more efficient? The only issue in doing so is that you lose the auto setting for blowing speed... Any thoughts?
I think it's more efficient to leave it in auto as the car can re-direct heat/cooling using the octovalve better than you can do manually. Also turning off A/C could result in misting on the inside of the windows due to high humidity on cold wet days... The only time I turn off the heating is in the summer when I drive with the windows open. That's also when I get the best efficiency figures...