Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have only had 36.5 (and 36.6 as of yesterday) for a couple of days, and I'm trying to get my head round the new energy app (which I actually like a lot). However, maybe those of you that have had this feature longer can explain...

Today I completed my usual drive to work (about 20 miles of mixed roads) with the climate set as usual to 20.5°C - when I arrived at work I looked at the energy app, and there are two 'Range Tips':
  1. Set cabin temperature to 22°C to save 0.1% for the rest of the drive
  2. Decreasing the cabin set temperature by 1°C would have saved 0.1%
These would appear a little contradictory - so I'm confused whether I should be running at 22°C or 19.5°C to do what is suggested...

:confused:
Some of the so called tips, don't make sense. like aggressive acceleration used 0.5 miles. That might make sense if I had of been putting my foot down hard, but the truth is I was on a gradual climb. Not having the climate (heating on) show up as saving 0.5 miles for a 3.5 mile trip.

Comparing the energy app to my Tezlab app, the energy app doesn't show how well I have done, like the Tezlab, On the return trip descending it shows 3.5 miles driven for only 2 miles of range (0.6KWhr), which matches the trip info page.

Got 36.6 last night. On the school run this morning the wipers have definitely calmed down, no flailing around on full speed with little rain, more willing to stay on intermittent with no need to resort to manual setting, just a few presses needed on the stalk button which is fine by me.

From what I can make out there isn't any way to tell or force it. I've had a MY since Sept and it's had one update to 28.2 and nothing since, despite checking from time to time.
Keeping an eye on Teslafi can help from getting impatient. There are still 10% of the cars they follow on 28.2. You should get a new release shortly, with the rest of the 10%.

People seem surprised if they haven't got a new update, when you often find on Teslafi, for example, that only 1% of cars have had it.

Tesla can keep you hanging on for an update for a month while you fret that they don’t love you anymore....then one day you are practically the first person in the world to get the latest update...and you feel like a rockstar !
These mind games keep us all loyal😎

Tesla can keep you hanging on for an update for a month while you fret that they don’t love you anymore....then one day you are practically the first person in the world to get the latest update...and you feel like a rockstar !
These mind games keep us all loyal😎
I can’t work out if you’re being serious or not. Feel like a rockstar because you got a software update??!! I can’t say an update from Tesla has ever made me remotely excited. Not even the ones with new fart noises. And especially as every update seems to break something or remove a feature of the car.

Keep us loyal? The only reason I haven’t dumped my M3P yet is because of long delays on my possible alternatives.

Reactions: candida and Type2
I can’t work out if you’re being serious or not. Feel like a rockstar because you got a software update??!! I can’t say an update from Tesla has ever made me remotely excited. Not even the ones with new fart noises. And especially as every update seems to break something or remove a feature of the car.

Keep us loyal? The only reason I haven’t dumped my M3P yet is because of long delays on my possible alternatives.
Sounds like you broke free from the mind control

My thoughts exactly. But lots of people do get wildly excited about updates. They obsessively check their app or their car hoping that the Musk will choose them to be the next recipient of an update. When they get it they might suggest that it has cured phantom braking or fixed the wipers. The fact that it hasn’t doesn’t disappoint them - it just makes them long with barely concealed impatience for the next update.

I’ve never understood it.

Keeping an eye on Teslafi can help from getting impatient. There are still 10% of the cars they follow on 28.2. You should get a new release shortly, with the rest of the 10%.

People seem surprised if they haven't got a new update, when you often find on Teslafi, for example, that only 1% of cars have had it.
Cheers I will take a look at that. TBH I’m not that bothered about getting the updates quickly. Ironically, I got in the car earlier and an update to 2022.36 was waiting for me, not done it yet.

The wipers. They're....they're working

TinyMeaslyAfricanpiedkingfisher-small.gif

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Caramel and Cardo