Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may just be tempted with 2022.4.5 (v11) if someone says that the icons or panels are back on UK Model 3's for driver profiles, seat heaters, tyres, fog lights, energy, dash/sentry - last one looks to be back in release notes. And radio stations/Tidal are easy to get to. Otherwise, no hurry...

I’ve steered a wide birth from the V11 UI debacle. Can anyone tell me what’s missing/buried from V10 that’s now back in place with 2022.4.5? Or what is stil missing/buried?

I’ve steered a wide birth from the V11 UI debacle. Can anyone tell me what’s missing/buried from V10 that’s now back in place with 2022.4.5? Or what is stil missing/buried?
Not fully tested 2022.4.5 yet, but one thing i noticed with 2022.4 last weekend was that my automatic wipers worked flawlessly. Mixture of light and heavy drizzle, then heavy rain and spray and they were just like in any other car with a normal rain sensor.

2022.4.5 has restored the profile icon to the top bar and the charger icon is back on the map. Everything else is still buried in submenus. The heated steering wheel button has moved to a postion in the centre console, away from the HRW and Defrost buttons, make them all slightly larger and easier to hit first time. Automatic heated seats seem to work pretty well for me, so not having the seat heater icons on the lower bar isn't a deal breaker. I would prefer to have more than 4 icons in the lower dock though.

It is up to you whether you want to download the V11 update or not - I am not wading in to your personal preferences.

But someone with 9000 posts and 6000 likes and a well known member, who still may or may not comment or opine on the new software without even trying is slightly unfair for other members in the forum who uses the V11 daily. So I think in the interest of fairness you should try! But as I said earlier it is up to you to make that decision.

• Funny
Reactions: browellm
I don't have it yet, still on 44.30.11 but I seemed to be one of the first to get that so maybe I'm now back of the queue.
I got 30.11 very early on too. Bit of a waste of space since mine is a 2020 with a resistive heater.
I’ll probably open a can of worms but I prefer it. My car is toastie in under 5 minutes and no heat pump issues!
I thought we might get .13 but that seems to have dried up. I imagine us 11’s will have to wait for a subsequent version. …I dont think it will be long in coming…

Reactions: Durzel
I got 30.11 very early on too. Bit of a waste of space since mine is a 2020 with a resistive heater.
I’ll probably open a can of worms but I prefer it. My car is toastie in under 5 minutes and no heat pump issues!
I thought we might get .13 but that seems to have dried up. I imagine us 11’s will have to wait for a subsequent version. …I dont think it will be long in coming…
I thought the heat pump issues, were connected with the Canadians and Norwegians where it is a lot colder than here.
I have a heat pump and no complaints here :)

I am still on 30.11, the only reason I could think of for the delay for me is I have not used the touch screen for any other changes other than navigation, some you tubing and minor adjustments with heated seats since V11. All the other set up stayed the same since 25/12 and since then had the regular updates until 30.11 and that's it! Is that the same for you?

I don't have it yet, still on 44.30.11 but I seemed to be one of the first to get that so maybe I'm now back of the queue.

FFS people! Just over a quarter of cars have a 2022 software version so far! You are clearly not at the back of the queue. Please bookmark this page and you can track how the roll-out is going for Teslafi users ... it seems reasonable to extrapolate the percentages across the full Tesla fleet:

Reactions: init6 and flowuk
FFS people! Just over a quarter of cars have a 2022 software version so far! You are clearly not at the back of the queue. Please bookmark this page and you can track how the roll-out is going for Teslafi users ... it seems reasonable to extrapolate the percentages across the full Tesla fleet:
Alright calm down. You can clearly see from Teslafi that nobody on .11 has gotten any 2022-based update yet. So you don't know either way whether anyone 'is at the back of the queue' or not do you?

Reactions: spdpsba
Alright calm down. You can clearly see from Teslafi that nobody on .11 has gotten any 2022-based update yet. So you don't know either way whether anyone 'is at the back of the queue' or not do you?

Just taking .11 alone there are 32% on that version ... but there are nearly as many with an even earlier version than that! How can that make you anywhere near the back of the queue ... you are part of the majority.

Reactions: init6
Unless my windows need clearing, I use the heated seats and wheel before I put the heating on. I do use the preconditioning before I leave..
Yes, I agree. In fact our dog hates heating and we have to pump cold air into the back seat. And we just use the seat heaters and the steering wheel heater (which is the greatest invention since wool socks).
But I will admit that living by the Mediterranean helps😀

Reactions: Buzzliteyear
2022.4.5 has allowed me to change the chrome trim to black in the colorizer/colouriser function. Nice surprise that appeases my OCD given I got the car dechromed some time ago.

Might of missed it in the youtube videos I've watched but thought it was only possible to change the body of the car, not the trim. Maybe this option is only available for cars manufactured with chrome trim?

I am still on 30.11, the only reason I could think of for the delay for me is I have not used the touch screen for any other changes other than navigation, some you tubing and minor adjustments with heated seats since V11. All the other set up stayed the same since 25/12 and since then had the regular updates until 30.11 and that's it! Is that the same for you?
I doubt screen usage plays any part. Updates used to be about once or twice a month, now they are like buses!
In two years I’ve had nearly 50 updates!